Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

https://twitter.com/MikeMinay/status/1218653328894238721?s=20

Maybe not yet, but this feels like it's starting to become when rather than if in the not-too-distant future.

Anyone convinced that it would be a change for the better this time around?  

No.

The only thing anyone is doing with this team will be to get it over the line to avoid relegation.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That's my point.

A lot of people thought that changing Frankie Bunn was a change for the better, his league record was as average as you could get (W8 D8 L8).  Less than 13 months and 4 managers later it's hard to argue that we did better for the change in anything other than in the very short term.

I have reservations about Dino's potential to improve, I have even stronger feelings that the next manager will make us worse.  The last 2 years have proven that it really can get worse.

Both Bunn and Wild were a better fit if they'd been left to it, 

Dino, showed promise when he took charge of Stevenage but the same problems that got him binned off there, are starting to emerge here.

If he gets us safe, I'd take that at this present time.

I cant comment on the standard of performances due to me refusing to renew my season ticket  to attend this season but its a results driven buisness.

There are a couple of arguments for and against Dino and between managing us and stevenage this season he’s had a shocker..

The question is who is picking the players to come in this window? 
This is Dinos first transfer window so surely he should be given a chance to get in his own and clear out the shite..

We are judging him on the management of Mo Lemsagams players at the minute and we all know how bad the recruitment has been in the last 18 months..

Now the problem we do have if they are giving him a chance to get his own players in, if they sack him and the next manager doesnt like the squad he has we are just going round in circles..

Hes lost me with his tactics... 

It doesn't matter who is picking the players or even the starting XI if you set out with a negative mindset.  Up down or drawing we have 11 men defending corners... 

He cannot change a game. Decent managers spot the signs of trouble and adjust. All we seem to do is switch Smith from left to right and back again. If a player is causing us problems, he doesn't seem to know how to nullify it. 

His constant shouting at players can't help... Who wants a manager telling you where to stand. Like Westley he wants to control every movement of a player. 

Time to go Dino

2 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Hes lost me with his tactics... 

It doesn't matter who is picking the players or even the starting XI if you set out with a negative mindset.  Up down or drawing we have 11 men defending corners... 

He cannot change a game. Decent managers spot the signs of trouble and adjust. All we seem to do is switch Smith from left to right and back again. If a player is causing us problems, he doesn't seem to know how to nullify it. 

His constant shouting at players can't help... Who wants a manager telling you where to stand. Like Westley he wants to control every movement of a player. 

Time to go Dino

I mentioned this before about his touchline antics, even one of my own son's on seeing Dino for the first time, said what a complete bell and why would anyone want to play for someone like that.

Big Arms bullying has to stop! add that to your boycott remit.

He may not be the long term option but he deserves a window and time to see what he can do now we have some strikers. His best skill seems to be getting the owners to buy more british players. Tactically though he lacks a bit but we can’t keep chopping and changing. Need to give him to end of season at least 

I was in the Main stand paddock yesterday-amazed how much Dino shouted at the players-particularly Maouche. A few times he shouted him up the field then immediately told him to go back. This constant everybody back for corners drives me crackers-simple maths if we put one player at half way they always deploy two markers and if we clear it just comes straight back. Segbe/Wilson hopeless defending corners anyway so leave one up.

29 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I was in the Main stand paddock yesterday-amazed how much Dino shouted at the players-particularly Maouche. A few times he shouted him up the field then immediately told him to go back. This constant everybody back for corners drives me crackers-simple maths if we put one player at half way they always deploy two markers and if we clear it just comes straight back. Segbe/Wilson hopeless defending corners anyway so leave one up.

Clever as he is on the ball I think Maouche needs shouting at to remind him hes playing a football game and not to go missing.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

If we’d had an outlet then maybe the ball wouldn’t have come straight back for Carlisle to score. It’s madness to have all 11 in the box. 

I’m hearing that something will develop this week. They were apparently going to give him the vote of confidence if we had beaten Stevenage away but that didn’t happen. I’m not that involved anymore but this came from a pretty could source.

16 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’m hearing that something will develop this week. They were apparently going to give him the vote of confidence if we had beaten Stevenage away but that didn’t happen. I’m not that involved anymore but this came from a pretty could source.

So it'll be 6 head coach/managers in 2 years.  None of them are being given the time to fail, regardless of whether they are good or bad.

4 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Now the problem we do have if they are giving him a chance to get his own players in, if they sack him and the next manager doesnt like the squad he has we are just going round in circles..

Are the players brought in his? I'm not sure, Rowe certainly isn't. Would he be aware of the two Salford lads? Dearnley's agent probably put him forward, and N'Guessan he says is one he has been watching. 

17 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Are the players brought in his? I'm not sure, Rowe certainly isn't. Would he be aware of the two Salford lads? Dearnley's agent probably put him forward, and N'Guessan he says is one he has been watching. 

Why has he brought in N'Guessan? I don't get it.  We already have enough contracted holding midfielders, why do we need another?  I'm not convinced he's selecting and having the final say on all new signings, despite what him and AL says.

And if we're signing Rowe, why have we brought the Salford striker in?  Again, makes no sense.  Dearnley was available, known to the club and probably very cheap.  Useful when we're short on bodies but I'm not convinced he's been identified by Dino as a key part of next year's squad.

Piergianni and Rowe are the only ones that make sense so far.  We're in desperate need of a left back, but no sign of one of those.  As usual, there seems to be no strategy when it comes to recruitment.  And more lies when it comes to telling everyone the manager has the final say.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

If we’d had an outlet then maybe the ball wouldn’t have come straight back for Carlisle to score. It’s madness to have all 11 in the box. 

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

I notice Smith chatting to Dino while Latics were attacking  no wonder there's a lack of concentration.

27 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Why has he brought in N'Guessan? I don't get it.  We already have enough contracted holding midfielders, why do we need another?  I'm not convinced he's selecting and having the final say on all new signings, despite what him and AL says.

And if we're signing Rowe, why have we brought the Salford striker in?  Again, makes no sense.  Dearnley was available, known to the club and probably very cheap.  Useful when we're short on bodies but I'm not convinced he's been identified by Dino as a key part of next year's squad.

Piergianni and Rowe are the only ones that make sense so far.  We're in desperate need of a left back, but no sign of one of those.  As usual, there seems to be no strategy when it comes to recruitment.  And more lies when it comes to telling everyone the manager has the final say.

Left back slot should belong to Mills

28 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Agents have the big say now,  coaches have to utilise what's given them.

I don't have a problem with Dino barking his orders out from the touch line, hes the gaffer after all and some of our current crop unfortunately need reminding of what they should be doing where they should be. He doesn't trust them and i don't blame him.

19 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I don't have a problem with Dino barking his orders out from the touch line, hes the gaffer after all and some of our current crop unfortunately need reminding of what they should be doing where they should be. He doesn't trust them and i don't blame him.

The trouble is, it could be they don't trust Dino either.

19 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Decent managers don't have to shout at their player's and when they do, you wouldn't be seeing it

12 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Decent managers don't have to shout at their player's and when they do, you wouldn't be seeing it

Perhaps they shouldn't, but it doesn't seem clear to some of this crew what exactly is expected of them.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Given the striker scored two vs Stevenage in the first game of the season I'd guess he'd be aware of him

5 hours ago, nzlatic said:

N’Geussan was training with the first team squad so that Dino could take a look at him. He liked what he saw and so he was brought in until the end of the season.

Dieseruvwe scored a couple against Stevenage in the first game of the season when Dino was manager there. He has tracked him since. He was looking for a tall striker and Dieseruvwe was made available by Salford.

Dearnley was available and offered to Dino - he agreed to bring him in.

And as you rightly say, Piergianni (who also played in that first game)and Rowe are both known quantities and it definitely made sense to bring them in.

‘more lies’? I think you’re stretching it a little bit there wouldn’t you say? 

Archived