Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abdallah seemed to have a few suits there earlier.

Was showing one bloke around on his own. 

Looked like Carlos Carvahal but could also have been Dave Penney. :grin:

I can imagine  yesterdays revelations going down like a sack of shit with Abdallah and it possibly being the final straw 

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

I'm not in favour of swapping managers in and out like a teenager swaps girlfriends, but isn't now a pretty good time? Not going up, not going down, not a huge number of players contracted past the season - sounds like a pretty good time to bring someone in to me.

It definately would be, but only if we replace him with better/ experienced. There's no chance of that of course.for me, there is a real risk that MaArmria will take us down, but the person they repalce him with could also do the same. Our form is shocking.

54 minutes ago, JTM said:

I'll just vie my two cents, this is just my opinion. Dino is one of the most tactically inept manager I've ever seen. Go away to bottom of the league who have won 2 in 26 and play 3 defensive mids? And then when it didnt work he change it up by doing the exact fucking same in the next game. Everytime I hear him in an inerview, or talking about games, he just gets more and more deluded. It's like he's just watched a completely different match to the rest of us. Sorry but I honestly believe he's one of the worst coaches we've ever had. The only source of optimism with him for me are: these aren't his players, maybe we should let him have a full window and the following 5 or 6 games and he might turn it around. Although I would say even if we fail to win any of our next 3 games, his position essentially becomes untenable. No wins in 6 at the moment, 3 goals scored in those 6, 11 goals conceded. No striker has scored in the last 5 games. Not only are the stats damning but most of the time we are crap to watch. If we lose against both Salford AND Mansfield, he absolutely has to go

Do we think our manager is a bit of a Dino Saur?  Thought I'd get that awful pun in soon as he might not be around much longer for me to use it...sorry!!

50 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Abdallah seemed to have a few suits there earlier.

Was showing one bloke around on his own. 

Looked like Carlos Carvahal but could also have been Dave Penney. :grin:

I can imagine  yesterdays revelations going down like a sack of shit with Abdallah and it possibly being the final straw 

What revelations? What have I missed ? Anything exciting ? 

16 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What revelations? What have I missed ? Anything exciting ? 

I was about to ask the same question but, FWIW, is there really any point in changing the manager/head coach/ call him what you will yet again. It would take the BP revolving door to another level. Not one manager has had an opportunity to try to build his own squad for anything like a reasonable length of time before AL pulls the trigger. No matter who was brought in, they still mainly had to deal with the utter dross that the brothers brought in virtually from day one.

OK, one or two signings have been decent, but the amount of money we've splurged on players that were Northern Premier League quality at best is criminal. I've seen players at Mangotsfield United in Southern League Division 1 that were of pretty much equal ability. If he sacks Dino now after the recent influx of apparently better quality players (let's be honest, they couldn't be any worse), he hasn't given him much of a chance IMHO.

Whilst Dino may not be the most tactically astute in his profession, do we really want to go down the road of appointing another Darren Kelly? Because any manager worth his salt I'm sure is going to think twice about coming here. Who is out there that could do a job? Nathan Jones? Kevin Bond? Neil Warnock? Steven Pressley? Michael Jolley? There's a fair few out of work, but could they work with our Laurel and Hardy at the helm? At least Dino seems to be making his own decisions and and bringing in the players he wants rather than what is dumped on him.

Out of work managers will know that no one has lasted long here, so would they be willing to rock up at BP knowing that if they haven't turned things round in the first three or four months, they're out the door? Instead of risking it all going tits up again, stick with Dino, let him get rid of the rest of the brothers' crap imports and let him build a team. They're nearly all out of contract in the summer anyway, so it's a perfect opportunity.

7 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I was about to ask the same question but, FWIW, is there really any point in changing the manager/head coach/ call him what you will yet again. It would take the BP revolving door to another level. Not one manager has had an opportunity to try to build his own squad for anything like a reasonable length of time before AL pulls the trigger. No matter who was brought in, they still mainly had to deal with the utter dross that the brothers brought in virtually from day one.

OK, one or two signings have been decent, but the amount of money we've splurged on players that were Northern Premier League quality at best is criminal. I've seen players at Mangotsfield United in Southern League Division 1 that were of pretty much equal ability. If he sacks Dino now after the recent influx of apparently better quality players (let's be honest, they couldn't be any worse), he hasn't given him much of a chance IMHO.

Whilst Dino may not be the most tactically astute in his profession, do we really want to go down the road of appointing another Darren Kelly? Because any manager worth his salt I'm sure is going to think twice about coming here. Who is out there that could do a job? Nathan Jones? Kevin Bond? Neil Warnock? Steven Pressley? Michael Jolley? There's a fair few out of work, but could they work with our Laurel and Hardy at the helm? At least Dino seems to be making his own decisions and and bringing in the players he wants rather than what is dumped on him.

Out of work managers will know that no one has lasted long here, so would they be willing to rock up at BP knowing that if they haven't turned things round in the first three or four months, they're out the door? Instead of risking it all going tits up again, stick with Dino, let him get rid of the rest of the brothers' crap imports and let him build a team. They're nearly all out of contract in the summer anyway, so it's a perfect opportunity.

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments, but I've seen enough of Dino to realise he's out of his depth, no matter the squad he has. I wouldn't be confident in him managing a team full of Cristiano Ronaldos. He is tactically clueless. If we were talking about someone like Paul Murray or Danny Cadameteri, I'd give them a lot of a longer chance, but this guy's already been sacked by Stevenage this year, and I just cannot see him turning the results round. Hope he proves me wrong

35 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Steven Pressley? There's a fair few out of work, but could they work with our Laurel and Hardy at the helm? 

Sorry Dino, I take back everything I've ever said, you can stay! 💪

No point going like for like at this point in time where we have nowt to play for but if someone with proven quality became available I would get shut in a heartbeat.

Dino seems to be a one trick pony where discipline within the squad seems to be his priority.

I found it very strange that he admitted to being tactically naive because I would have thought that side of the job would have been a pre requisite for any head coach. If he’s no tactician what the hell are the team working on in training?

I don’t like this hiring and firing culture we’ve witnessed with AL at the helm but I would like us to go for the right candidate this time even if it meant poaching a manager from another club because if we keep Dino into next season I think it will be a waste of another year and time we can I’ll afford!!

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No point going like for like at this point in time where we have nowt to play for but if someone with proven quality became available I would get shut in a heartbeat.

Dino seems to be a one trick pony where discipline within the squad seems to be his priority.

I found it very strange that he admitted to being tactically naive because I would have thought that side of the job would have been a pre requisite for any head coach. If he’s no tactician what the hell are the team working on in training?

I don’t like this hiring and firing culture we’ve witnessed with AL at the helm but I would like us to go for the right candidate this time even if it meant poaching a manager from another club because if we keep Dino into next season I think it will be a waste of another year and time we can I’ll afford!!

Simon Grayson will be available rather soon, If Grimsby can get 'Ollie'

I'm sure we're big enough to get 'Stanley'

On 1/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, jorvik_latic said:

Racism case against Mark Sampson dismissed. Dino and Uzunhasanoglu made the allegations. 

Mark Sampson: Stevenage coach's charge of using racist language not proven

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51179711 

https://www.stevenagefc.com/siteassets/club/documents/the-fa-v-mark-sampson---written-reasons-2020---final.pdf 

Cheers jorvik.

Classy folk all round, eh.

15 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

There seems to be a growing number of fans who want Dino binned off, yet if, or when it happens, just watch the pissboil on here because we've sacked another manager after only a few months

It's gone way beyond that point, the apathy is palpable,

Like Brexit, eventually you just don't care, no matter the outcome

You just want it to end, then you can move on 

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

There seems to be a growing number of fans who want Dino binned off, yet if, or when it happens, just watch the pissboil on here because we've sacked another manager after only a few months

Yes because some of the fans have the same level of patience as AL when it comes to changing the manager. 🙄

We’ve been on a steady decline for years, and in all that time we’ve changed managers regularly. Why can’t we have a bit of stability and see if that works? Just as an alternative!

Let a manager have 2 or 3 transfer windows to hopefully bring his own players in, and see how that goes for a change.

6 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Yes because some of the fans have the same level of patience as AL when it comes to changing the manager. 🙄

We’ve been on a steady decline for years, and in all that time we’ve changed managers regularly. Why can’t we have a bit of stability and see if that works? Just as an alternative!

Let a manager have 2 or 3 transfer windows to hopefully bring his own players in, and see how that goes for a change.

Dino has the problem of being in charge of a club that's fighting for its life, whilst still cutting his teeth in management, it's the perfect storm and he's never had the luxury of time.

17 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Out of work managers will know that no one has lasted long here, so would they be willing to rock up at BP knowing that if they haven't turned things round in the first three or four months, they're out the door? 

Never understand this comment. Simple answer is yes...coz they’ll get a pay off when they get the sack. They won’t be too bothered about it not working out in 3 or 4 months...just part of the business of football. 

32 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Never understand this comment. Simple as is yes...coz they’ll get a pay off when they get the sack. They won’t be too bothered about it not working out in 3 or 4 months...just part of the business of football. 

Limits the pool we can pick from even further. 

Some managers actually want a job they have half a chance of being good at and lasting at least a season or two..

57 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Limits the pool we can pick from even further. 

Some managers actually want a job they have half a chance of being good at and lasting at least a season or two..

Not really. They all want to do well. Just that they’ll not think about the “what if” and if they do they’ll know they’ll be duly rewarded for miserable failure anyway. Win win. It’s why we get 75 applications (Quoting Corney on that number) when the job comes up. Although only a handful of those are probably worth a call back. 

When Dino arrived he seemed the right person to give our squad a kick up the arse.  There was a response but after the last six games that seems to have been a false dawn.

My concern is that he is probably still kicking and the squad appears to have stopped responding having put in some of the worst performances this season.  His post match interviews suggest he often goes to a different game than me.  The shouting to players appears to be resented rather than helpful.

We are going in the wrong direction.  I can now see him getting us relegated.

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

When Dino arrived he seemed the right person to give our squad a kick up the arse.  There was a response but after the last six games that seems to have been a false dawn.

My concern is that he is probably still kicking and the squad appears to have stopped responding having put in some of the worst performances this season.  His post match interviews suggest he often goes to a different game than me.  The shouting to players appears to be resented rather than helpful.

We are going in the wrong direction.  I can now see him getting us relegated.

Hence why the calls are becoming louder for him to be relived of his duties, before it's too late.

This club hasn't got another relegation in it.

Archived