Fleetwood (A)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

But I never, ever want to see Stott at CB for Latics ever again. Poor on the ball, atrocious positioning off the ball. Brings less than nothing to the team. 

Hamer is struggling without a decent partner. 

Stott, Hamer and Lacovitti were all equally atrocious.

None of them looked like professional footballers. I never boo players but it always rankles me when fans give preferential treatment to one player over another. Towards the end of the game, Hamer came over to take a long throw in front of the Latics fans. Quite a few were applauding him. Meanwhile, Lacovitti received absolute verbals from the off. Now, I`m not saying Lacovitti wasn't very poor - but so was Hamer - so why applaud him? Just keep quiet, he didn't deserve applause and, like everyone else, needs to know his level of performance was not acceptable. He's a paid professional.

He can't live on his "Northampton away last game of relegation season showing effort" performance forever. He's gone distinctly backwards.

All that said, I can reluctantly understand the general demise in standards; it's down to the divisive and toxic atmosphere swirling within and all around the club.

The good news was living a 25 minute bus ride away and using my bus pass and £5 match ticket it was cheaper than paying ifollow ( not for my daughter,  £6 on the bus and £10 to get in.) I said to a couple of Tics in the bar beforehand  it was nailed on for Clarke to score from a corner !!

Unless something changes in the transfer window I will not be going to Boundary Park  again this season , that was painful , sideways, backwards and then long ball to a kid on his own against Clarke , if it wasnt for Smith we would have had no attacking threat at all and as per previous seasons our best player is not even one of ours !!

The saddest thing of all was the resignation of the fans, no really anger just a few shouts at the obligatory crap ref and a general acceptance we are shit , bearing in mind that was virtually our first team squad . If you had said to me 15 years ago when Fleetwood were in the North West Counties division 2  that one day we would be dicked by  not even their full first team  I would have sent for the men in white coats.

Sad times indeed , well done Lemmys you have finally removed all my passion for the club  and I have to live round here and get the piss taken out me by locals !!

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

What I`m really struggling to grasp from posters (including some obviously experienced football people) is the latest clamour to get rid of the manager. You only had to sit back and observe last night to see that morale, belief, desire and teamwork is absent from our whole set up. 

Great post on last night’s game, but if a team is missing  ‘morale, belief, desire and teamwork’ then that has to be down to the manager surely?

As you rightly say, Smith was the only player that stood out last night. Maouche, the much maligned Number ten, also brought some skill and purpose to the midfield when he came on.

But these two apart (plus Emmerson), the rest of the team struggled with every aspect of the game last night. 

Respect to you for turning up last night - shame the vast majority of the team didn’t.

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Great post on last night’s game, but if a team is missing  ‘morale, belief, desire and teamwork’ then that has to be down to the manager surely?

As I tried to explain within my post, BigDog I think our manager, in his own right, is probably a decent motivator (he may well lack in other areas but, hey, there's none of us perfect). However, I think the ominous shadow cast by the regime above completely overwhelms the whole club and dilutes considerably whatever anyone else tries to do. I said it previously about Banide; "he'll get no flak from me" and neither will Maamria - working under exceedingly difficult conditions.

Now, the players, I`ll also cut them a bit of slack because of the environment they are working in. I do, however, expect them to at least put in some effort - many are failing to do even that.

Something is seriously wrong and if the current rumour mill is correct, the festering boil may be about to burst.

5 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

What rumour mill ?

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

@Lee Sinnott on Twitter:

"Wheels are turning.  Abdallah's days as #oafc owner are numbered..."

Never have I hoped his ITK worthiness to continue as much as now...

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

I've said it before, but strap in. Things are hopefully about to start to get interesting.

32 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I hate adding to the rumour mill but a decent friend, who doesn't bullshit, has spoken to me this morning and said that things are "boiling up" at BP. He promised to update me more when he has detail but said the shit is going to hit the fan big time and people need to get ready to mobilise.

Jeez.

Well .... a better description would be the wheels of a water powered rumour mill.... but certainly rumours are starting to circulate.

53 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

As I tried to explain within my post, BigDog I think our manager, in his own right, is probably a decent motivator (he may well lack in other areas but, hey, there's none of us perfect). However, I think the ominous shadow cast by the regime above completely overwhelms the whole club and dilutes considerably whatever anyone else tries to do. I said it previously about Banide; "he'll get no flak from me" and neither will Maamria - working under exceedingly difficult conditions.

Now, the players, I`ll also cut them a bit of slack because of the environment they are working in. I do, however, expect them to at least put in some effort - many are failing to do even that.

Something is seriously wrong and if the current rumour mill is correct, the festering boil may be about to burst.

Fecking please be true. Id accept admin and relegation to get a 'good' owner

17 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

We are playing like a bunch of schoolboys. We cannot defend, we cannot pass, we simply cannot compete with Fleetwood. Whether he inherited a poor squad or not, we have gone backwards under Dino. There is no structure to our play whatsoever. I didn’t think we could get any worse but we have 😟

It just shows how far we have fallen in such a short time. January will definitely not sort the problems out. There aren't enough players available, and the ones that are won't be much better unless AL is willing to pay big fees.

Just now, al_bro said:

It just shows how far we have fallen in such a short time. January will definitely not sort the problems out. There aren't enough players available, and the ones that are won't be much better unless AL is willing to pay big fees.

Two decent strikers and a decent manager in January and we can still get promoted from this dogshit league 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

It baffles me this viewpoint. 

My main worry about apparently having a bad owner is the prospect of admin and relegation. 

The biggest issue I have with a bad owner, like we have right now, is the fact he's sucked all the life and soul of the Club out as far as I am concerned.  

I don't want to see us going to Solihull fucking Moors on a Tuesday night of course, but I would take it if I had a Club that I could enjoy following again with an Owner with positive, forward thinking attitude.

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

The biggest issue I have with a bad owner, like we have right now, is the fact he's sucked all the life and soul of the Club out as far as I am concerned.  

I don't want to see us going to Solihull fucking Moors on a Tuesday night of course, but I would take it if I had a Club that I could enjoy following again with an Owner with positive, forward thinking attitude.

The reason nobody goes anymore is because we're garbage. If we were rank in non league with a forward thinking owner, it would be the same. 

3 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

The reason nobody goes anymore is because we're garbage. If we were rank in non league with a forward thinking owner, it would be the same. 

Hope counts for a lot. Even if you go down if people can see a brighter future there's a chance. Viz. Tranmere 

5 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I don't go anymore because I have no interest in watching a load of foreign non-entities (amongst the more local shite like Iacovitti) trying to make a living as a footballer whilst taking wages that could be going to lower quantity, better quality players, just to line the pockets of a clueless, arrogant, useless tosser like Mo who doesn't give two fucks about the Club I have followed all my life.

Us being shit isn't an alien concept - we've been getting progressively worse for the entirety of the time I have followed us.  The Club under this ownership however is different gravy, and not the kind I am interested in.

9 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Not if we had a new owner in offering a brighter future and we were challenging for promotion. We could have a Man City 98-99 style season be the big fish in the little pond. I know their is no guarantees of that. But even if we went down ( and my god I don't want that to happen) If we had the right owner the right manager and a winning team then crowds would go back up to the 4-5000 mark quite quickly I think. If people see a chance of progress or us going on a forward journey they will buy into it.

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

It's hard to know what to say in all honesty. I felt sick to the pit of my stomach last night. Only 3 players escape my wrath; Smith (who was very good), Maouche (who was ok when he came on) and Mills (the only defender who looked like he'd ever played professional football). To be fair even Mills looked as though he'd thrown in the towel, though, after a bright start from him.

What I`m really struggling to grasp from posters (including some obviously experienced football people) is the latest clamour to get rid of the manager. You only had to sit back and observe last night to see that morale, belief, desire and teamwork is absent from our whole set up. Normally, yes, you would point the finger at the manager but please just stop and think for a few moments before hitting the keyboard. It's been like this virtually from the off with this new regime.

I`ve always taken the "best bits" from any management course I`ve been on over the years (a lot are shite) and I`ll never forget about an excellent delivery from someone regarding "the leadership shadow". It's a simple concept about how an organisation basically reflects the values of its leader, because most leaders impose their styles and ideas which are then cascaded downwards. Now, in big organisations, effective department leaders below the "chief" can cast their own shadow and you can end up with an excellent functioning department in a poor organisation. In small ones, like our football club, that is nigh on impossible because the shadow of the leader envelops everything.

In my opinion, that is where our problem lies. Replace the club's leader with something better and then, and only then, will things start to improve.

Sorry to go on a bit but I`m just trying to give an alternative and logical argument to counter the "rinse and repeat" sack the manager mantra.

Make no mistake, these are ominously dark days for our football club. I went with someone from the Fleetwood camp last night and his view was that only one player (Smith) would get anywhere near their squad. I`ll close by quoting one sentence from him last night, "Contrast the cool, calm defence of Fleetwood organised superbly by Peter Clarke against the absolute shambles which is your defence."

P.S. Peter Clarke looked fitter than I`ve seen him for years!

Clarke started the first 8 league games of the season for Fleetwood, at which point they were 4th in L1. He may have lost his place in the starting XI since then, but he would surely have been invaluable to our struggling L2 team this season.

That the clowns let him leave without even a thank you for all he did in his time at Boundary Park tells you all you need to know about their fitness to own and run a football club.

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not if we had a new owner in offering a brighter future and we were challenging for promotion. We could have a Man City 98-99 style season be the big fish in the little pond. I know their is no guarantees of that. But even if we went down ( and my god I don't want that to happen) If we had the right owner the right manager and a winning team then crowds would go back up to the 4-5000 mark quite quickly I think. If people see a chance of progress or us going on a forward journey they will buy into it.

Again people will watch a team playing well. We've been terrible for most of the last 20 years. If that continues with whoever you want as owner, people will stay away. Once you stop coming to games id imagine it's very easy to find other things to do on Saturday afternoons.....I'd respect someone saying they don't come anymore because it's crap than saying the club has lost its soul or similar.

15 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I don't go anymore because I have no interest in watching a load of foreign non-entities (amongst the more local shite like Iacovitti) trying to make a living as a footballer whilst taking wages that could be going to lower quantity, better quality player.

Out of interest, of the foreign ‘nonentities’:

The starting eleven versus Fleetwood contained two (De La Paz and Sylla).

The starting eleven for the Gateshead game contained two (De La Paz and Missilou)

The starting eleven at home to Northampton contained three (De La Paz,Missilou and Segbe).

A fair point though about the quantity and quality within the squad 😮

8 hours ago, doctor evil said:

Again people will watch a team playing well. We've been terrible for most of the last 20 years. If that continues with whoever you want as owner, people will stay away. Once you stop coming to games id imagine it's very easy to find other things to do on Saturday afternoons.....I'd respect someone saying they don't come anymore because it's crap than saying the club has lost its soul or similar.

Semantics though isn't it.

People who say the life and soul has been ripped out of the club are pretty much saying the same thing as people who say its crap.

Anyway I think we both agree on the broader point.

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Out of interest, of the foreign ‘nonentities’:

The starting eleven versus Fleetwood contained two (De La Paz and Sylla).

The starting eleven for the Gateshead game contained two (De La Paz and Missilou)

The starting eleven at home to Northampton contained three (De La Paz,Missilou and Segbe).

A fair point though about the quantity and quality within the squad 😮

The damage has already been done though. Whilst we seem to be playing more ‘local’ players, this is partly due to Abdallah sending the likes of Vera and Sefil off on effectively gardening leave, and perhaps Dino realising they’re mostly terrible. The damage has been done before this though.

Archived