Leyton orient 22nd February

Hi everyone. 

My grandad was a mssive oldham fan for 80+ years before he passed away a few years ago. Since then me and my family go to any game in the South or thats not to far. Mk dons, Portsmouth, Swindon, Charlton, Fulham, afc Wimbledon.

Unfortunately im the only one that can attend the game against leyton orient and was wondering if i could take along with a group for a few beers etc? 

Hope to hear from someone soon. 

Dave 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Londonoldham said:

Hi everyone. 

My grandad was a mssive oldham fan for 80+ years before he passed away a few years ago. Since then me and my family go to any game in the South or thats not to far. Mk dons, Portsmouth, Swindon, Charlton, Fulham, afc Wimbledon.

Unfortunately im the only one that can attend the game against leyton orient and was wondering if i could take along with a group for a few beers etc? 

Hope to hear from someone soon. 

Dave 

I generally find that u can literally walk up to anyone in a latics shirt on away days and theyl welcome u in to their group. Good set of fans weve got 

• 4 weeks later...

Leyton Orient is one of my more local Away Days.

We last played at Brisbane Road in League One on 21 February 2015 - almost five years to the day this coming weekend. 😃

At the time we were 9th in the league with Orient in 23rd. Suffice to say we lost the game 3-0. Our Starting lineup:

Kean

Elokobi

Mills

Wilson B

Wilson J

Winchester

Kelly

Philliskirk

Forte

Poleon

Turner

Probably 433. We brought Kusunga, Murphy and Brown (Conor) on as substitutes with our much loved full back picking up our only yellow card. How many of the above would improve our current team? Seriously. 

Always a good day out, decent fans and decent pubs. Expect us to win this one.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

We last played at Brisbane Road in League One on 21 February 2015 - almost five years to the day this coming weekend. 😃

At the time we were 9th in the league with Orient in 23rd. Suffice to say we lost the game 3-0. Our Starting lineup:

Kean

Elokobi

Mills

Wilson B

Wilson J

Winchester

Kelly

Philliskirk

Forte

Poleon

Turner

Probably 433. We brought Kusunga, Murphy and Brown (Conor) on as substitutes with our much loved full back picking up our only yellow card. How many of the above would improve our current team? Seriously. 

We were bloody crap that day!

Hopefully we will have around 400 there and put in a decent performance....and not set up for a 0 0.😬

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Kean

Elokobi

Mills

Wilson B

Wilson J

Winchester

Kelly

Philliskirk

Forte

Poleon

Turner

LJ had had his head turned and we played like it.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Kean

Elokobi

Mills

Wilson B

Wilson J

Winchester

Kelly

Philliskirk

Forte

Poleon

Turner

No wonder we slipped down the league, that's a shite team. I'd take mills, no one else, actually I'd take kelly too.

2 minutes ago, SAV said:

And Lionel Richie in the coach and horses🤩, Home fans only I’m lead to believe now in said boozer, so where we drinking on Saturday?

The Northcote Arms shows Sky tv  and is a good shout but it is about ten minutes away from the ground.. The Leyton Technical in the old town hall is the nearest for Away fans and has good beers as has the Birkbeck Tavern   - and some might see the absence of SKY at the Birkbeck as a bonus too. 😉

17 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The only time I've been to Orient was the final day of the season in 2013.  Kirk Millar scored and Jose Baxter's baby became an Oldham fan.

Great away day.

I didn't even go in. Was in the pub about 5 minutes in and we went 1-0 down. Sure it was about £25 and just stayed in a shite pub to watch the vidiprinter. Weren't the only one either! 

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

I didn't even go in. Was in the pub about 5 minutes in and we went 1-0 down. Sure it was about £25 and just stayed in a shite pub to watch the vidiprinter. Weren't the only one either! 

About 30 of us did the same in the Coach and Horses!!

On 2/17/2020 at 11:29 AM, Londonboy said:

We were bloody crap that day!

Hopefully we will have around 400 there and put in a decent performance....and not set up for a 0 0.😬

381 tickets sold in advance. Could reach 450 with the pay on the dayers.

oh... and I see that the referee for tomorrow’s game is called James Oldham...🤨

Tube closures:

I think its OK to go to Tottenham Court Road to catch the central line out to Leyton. 

The other option from Euston is walk to King's Cross / St Pancras and catch the quick train to Stratford then tube to Leyton. That route is more expensive though. 

I'm sure some of the OASIS lot will be along to say how that's not right... 

I wouldn't normally dream of missing this but as I'd be taking my autistic son I'm not prepared to take the risk of anything kicking off or even just the atmosphere getting toxic. 

He won't know he's missing a day out but I will. 

Thanks for that Abdallh. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I wouldn't normally dream of missing this but as I'd be taking my autistic son I'm not prepared to take the risk of anything kicking off or even just the atmosphere getting toxic. 

He won't know he's missing a day out but I will. 

Thanks for that Abdallh. 

I think even the toxicity has drained away 

Archived