They've been outstanding but not really achieved much yet and that's no criticism, it's just that it is probably impossible to achieve much at all as any sort of fans group unless an owner wishes to engage. Clearly this one doesn't. 

33 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They've been outstanding but not really achieved much yet and that's no criticism, it's just that it is probably impossible to achieve much at all as any sort of fans group unless an owner wishes to engage. Clearly this one doesn't. 

Cant get no satisfaction

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

This. They have done everything in the right way, professional and sensible.  However , it has achieved nothing because when you have a situation like ours, like Blackpool’s before, action from fan groups will not work.

Blackpool came out of its own hell purely because a previous owner demanded the funds he was owed through the courts.  

Sound familiar?

Give it one or two years ( if OAFC is still around) PTB will be demonised just like the Trust are if the club finds itself in the same stagnant decaying state . If it's main players remain the same during that time, they too will get labelled nest featherer's. It's just the way it is.

When not if, AL does jump ship and if OAFC still has a viable future ( hopefully not land locked by housing) it will only be bright providing we get decent owners in. It won't depend on the Trust, PTB, not a penny more brigade people or the fans that sit it out. Even then Latics will need that bit of luck that's required to have assembled a squad that just fits together into a good side. 

I've no great strategy to share how we get Latics out of this mess other than to say, lets stick together, continue to attend matches and fight for change from within. 

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Give it one or two years ( if OAFC is still around) PTB will be demonised just like the Trust are if the club finds itself in the same stagnant decaying state . If it's main players remain the same during that time, they too will get labelled nest featherer's. It's just the way it is.

Have you ever been right about anything, ever? 

25 minutes ago, Lags said:

When not if, AL does jump ship and if OAFC still has a viable future ( hopefully not land locked by housing) it will only be bright providing we get decent owners in. It won't depend on the Trust, PTB, not a penny more brigade people or the fans that sit it out. Even then Latics will need that bit of luck that's required to have assembled a squad that just fits together into a good side. 

I've no great strategy to share how we get Latics out of this mess other than to say, lets stick together, continue to attend matches and fight for change from within. 

Don't agree, if AL does jump ship after Friday PTB will have been instrumental in getting them out. Unlike the Trust they are totally independent.

They have served a purpose and if the club changes hands and is then run in a proper & professional manner then happy days!! 

With a bit of luck, hopefully their future intervention may not be deemed necessary!

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Don't agree, if AL does jump ship after Friday PTB will have been instrumental in getting them out.

How do you work this out? Yes they have presented themselves very well BUT the owner has refused to meet them.

It's Blitz who will be instrumental in getting him out IF he goes.

As usual it is the threat of legal actions that gets results not so called fan power.

12 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

How do you work this out? Yes they have presented themselves very well BUT the owner has refused to meet them.

It's Blitz who will be instrumental in getting him out IF he goes.

As usual it is the threat of legal actions that gets results not so called fan power.

He did meet them though didn’t he? 

And so called ‘fan power’ does play its part if only from a publicity/pressure group perspective.

PTB has shown a professional and articulate side of Latics supporters which, as well as being a welcome counter to the foul mouthed invective that seems to permeate social media, must surely convince others that at some level there is hope for the future. 

57 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

must surely convince others that at some level there is hope for the future. 

Well I can only see hope if there is some form of progress and at the moment there isn't. This doesn't just apply to our situation but to football clubs in general, the authorities and owners are not interested in the supporter. Just look at ticket prices, safe standing, fixture times, dates and  geographic location. 

Just read an article about West Ham, apart from the financial side you could have swopped the name of the club and the owners for us. Board hated, fans not listened to, refusal to follow supporter guidelines and acknowledge their existence.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

And so called ‘fan power’ does play its part if only from a publicity/pressure group perspective.

It only plays a part if owners take notice and change. Blackpool were in the news for months but it took the courts to get change.

I've not said PTB haven't been professional in the way it's gone about things, so lets clear that up here and now.

I'll also wager the Trust reps have asked all the right questions, sought evidence etc. but they'll get no credit here. The difference is the Trust have a clearer, bigger right to the answers than PTB ever have. If the looming Admin gets AL out, it's clear that's what's done it. If this occurs lets hope we have a decent backer/owner in the wings rather than Brassbank pulling the strings until the land is housed out and no more profit to be had.

History tells you every fan group that's ever been in being at Latics gets applauded initially then over time the back biting starts. Tell me I am wrong?

1 hour ago, Lags said:

I've not said PTB haven't been professional in the way it's gone about things, so lets clear that up here and now.

I'll also wager the Trust reps have asked all the right questions, sought evidence etc. but they'll get no credit here. The difference is the Trust have a clearer, bigger right to the answers than PTB ever have. If the looming Admin gets AL out, it's clear that's what's done it. If this occurs lets hope we have a decent backer/owner in the wings rather than Brassbank pulling the strings until the land is housed out and no more profit to be had.

History tells you every fan group that's ever been in being at Latics gets applauded initially then over time the back biting starts. Tell me I am wrong?

But it seems as though PTB are going down a route of moderation and openness which is different this time. Granted only time will tell what sort of response people will give later down the line. I for one will give them all my backing. 

4 hours ago, Lags said:

You're wrong

16 hours ago, Lags said:

I can agree with the "back biting" bit, Lags. Particularly nowadays, plenty of social media cowards willing to stick the knife in - no brains and total shithouses when it comes to a face to face debate though.

Trust HAVE been a let down, though. Personally, met with various directors of the Trust on 3 occasions as far back as the Corney days. Intransigent in their approach, way too defensive and lacking leadership and direction. All that has come to a head now, when nobody takes them seriously at all. It's unfortunate because they should have benefitted massively from the current maelstrom. The fact that PTB has arisen from nowhere speaks volumes regarding the ineffectiveness of the Trust (I have never bought all that bollocks that "there's room for both" - there isn't and there never was with a fan base of barely 3,000).

27 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I can agree with the "back biting" bit, Lags. Particularly nowadays, plenty of social media cowards willing to stick the knife in - no brains and total shithouses when it comes to a face to face debate though.

Trust HAVE been a let down, though. Personally, met with various directors of the Trust on 3 occasions as far back as the Corney days. Intransigent in their approach, way too defensive and lacking leadership and direction. All that has come to a head now, when nobody takes them seriously at all. It's unfortunate because they should have benefitted massively from the current maelstrom. The fact that PTB has arisen from nowhere speaks volumes regarding the ineffectiveness of the Trust (I have never bought all that bollocks that "there's room for both" - there isn't and there never was with a fan base of barely 3,000).

PTB protest wasn't exactly a roaring success, no coincidence that they have dialled it down since.

35 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

PTB protest wasn't exactly a roaring success, no coincidence that they have dialled it down since.

300 people attending after only a month of PTB being set up and for local and national papers/ radio stations/ TV to cover the story for us was a suggestion it wasn’t a failure and very much a success. To suggest that this the reason we haven’t done another is way off the mark. 

10 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

300 people attending after only a month of PTB being set up and for local and national papers/ radio stations/ TV to cover the story for us was a suggestion it wasn’t a failure and very much a success. To suggest that this the reason we haven’t done another is way off the mark. 

Was referring to the food and match boycotts.

14 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

The ‘Push the Boundary’ lads have done more for ‘fan engagement’ in their relatively short period than the Trust and FLG put together and they have also made themselves very visible as individuals 👏

BIG plus for me is despite my initial reservations that they might simply be a bunch of lads mobbing up, giving it large, they have been an absolute breath of fresh air in what is a very difficult time for our supporters

Determined and professional when pushing the club for information, they have also brought some fun to our supporters with their social media campaigns like videos with past players 

Nothing but respect from me for these lads 

28 minutes ago, tGWB said:

The ‘Push the Boundary’ lads have done more for ‘fan engagement’ in their relatively short period than the Trust and FLG put together and they have also made themselves very visible as individuals 👏

BIG plus for me is despite my initial reservations that they might simply be a bunch of lads mobbing up, giving it large, they have been an absolute breath of fresh air in what is a very difficult time for our supporters

Determined and professional when pushing the club for information, they have also brought some fun to our supporters with their social media campaigns like videos with past players 

Nothing but respect from me for these lads 

Thanks for your kind words. OWTB members are all Oldham fans who at the end of the day want the same thing as everyone else in the long run. We are always open to other ways of engagement so drop us an email if you can think of anything or ways of how to move forward. 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Thanks for your kind words. OWTB members are all Oldham fans who at the end of the day want the same thing as everyone else in the long run. We are always open to other ways of engagement so drop us an email if you can think of anything or ways of how to move forward. 

My post wasn't a dig at you guy's. Just an observation of how things progress on this site and other's on social media. If I was to give any advice, it would be strike whilst you've got the bulk of boards like this behind you. As sure as night follows day in the long run your equal efforts in the future will be met differently. 

One question I'd like to ask, does PTB broadly back the FLG team in their quest or would you prefer a new backer/owner to bring everything under one umbrella whilst the rest of the land remains undeveloped?.

Archived