• Meh
    • Disappointed
  4. 4. Bobby Grant

• Ecstatic
    • Delighted
    • Cautiously hopeful/optimistic
    • Meh
    • Disappointed

If cautiously optimistic is sitting on the fence I see most of us so far have our bums full of splinters.

Thought Dearnley was very lucky with some of his goals last term, hope that luck continues. As for CBJ if he finally decides he really wants to play professional football he could be a great prospect, he has all the skills, it’s just he never seemed to be that bothered.

I put cautiously optimistic for both.

Im more hopeful for Dearnley but I stopped short of being delighted. Ive been told by someone who has met him that he is a determined young lad who wants to do well.

I have a few reservations about CBJ but I think he deserves better than Meh. Hes got the tools to be a very good footballer.

They are both the type of players that I want to see us sign more of the same and I will treat it as progress.

2 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

If cautiously optimistic is sitting on the fence I see most of us so far have our bums full of splinters.

Thought Dearnley was very lucky with some of his goals last term, hope that luck continues. As for CBJ if he finally decides he really wants to play professional football he could be a great prospect, he has all the skills, it’s just he never seemed to be that bothered.

Isnt that what all good goals scorers have? If u are in the right place at the right time that's half the job.

Dearnley looks like he could score lots of goals, his movement and finishing are very good.

If he does that he might not be here too long.

CBJ has undoubted ability above this level, if he can apply himself I'm optimistic with other equally good signings we could do well next season.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Isnt that what all good goals scorers have? If u are in the right place at the right time that's half the job.

Can't disagree with that. If he manages to do it consistently and not just in a few matches then I can stop calling him lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t think any of our signings so far are ‘marquee’ but I can also see why we’ve brought each one in which is an improvement on recent transfer windows. I think if we carry on down this route (and our sporting director keeps himself to himself), we should have a squad capable of a mid-table finish (yes, I know...).

The real eye-opener is when you look at Tranmere who have signed Jay Spearing, Otis Khan and James Vaughan already. 

I suppose they get much higher crowds than us at the moment and I don’t think we’d get what they’re getting even if everyone who said they would came back when AL leaves does, but it does put our signings into context.

1 hour ago, south east latic said:

I don’t think any of our signings so far are ‘marquee’ but I can also see why we’ve brought each one in which is an improvement on recent transfer windows. I think if we carry on down this route (and our sporting director keeps himself to himself), we should have a squad capable of a mid-table finish (yes, I know...).

The real eye-opener is when you look at Tranmere who have signed Jay Spearing, Otis Khan and James Vaughan already. 

I suppose they get much higher crowds than us at the moment and I don’t think we’d get what they’re getting even if everyone who said they would came back when AL leaves does, but it does put our signings into context.

Tranmere will have to watch the salary cap if implemented, they may have signed a few on big wages, but the squad as a whole may lack depth.

1st. pre season friendly on Saturday, after at best one week of training, less for the new arrivals. Two 60 minute games on Tuesday and two more Saturday games. What's the odds we start the season with quite a few injuries.

Archived