Harry Kewell Departure Watch

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's pretty irrelevant who the manager is at the moment and that he'll be gone in 3 months. However, alarming that neither Crawley or Notts County fans seem to have a good word to say about this guy and that he's been out of the game for two years (for the record I hope he proves me wrong). Also used to working under a technical director at Notts, which may give Mo less resistance, which is reassuring given the excellent job he did of recruitment last summer.

2 hours ago, StoodinaBoshell said:

I know it's pretty irrelevant who the manager is at the moment and that he'll be gone in 3 months. However, alarming that neither Crawley or Notts County fans seem to have a good word to say about this guy and that he's been out of the game for two years (for the record I hope he proves me wrong). Also used to working under a technical director at Notts, which may give Mo less resistance, which is reassuring given the excellent job he did of recruitment last summer.

Actually from what I read on twitter, a few Notts County fans was saying it's a good appointment and that he shouldn't of been sacked.

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

That could probably be summed up with, "He'll do as he's told and work with the players I give him".

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Warren Feeney was his assistant at Crawley; maybe we could bring him back.  Hurrah.

Please, don't even think about it. And if he holds Kewell in such high regard, why didn't he appoint him 18 months ago instead of going through manager after manager?

This has got Scholes written all over this.

Kewell was sacked from Notts County on performance but rumour was he wouldn’t take shit from players and was dogmatic on what he wanted ie selection, tactics etc.  Discord to between him and the club hierarchy.  Any player not putting in a shift was kicked out team irrespective of who they were.  

If we keep Maouche and Branger can you imagine the Fuckwit Brothers allowing their prize assets sitting on bench?

However he’s used to managing under a Director of Football at both County and Crawley.  However under both he had final say on recruitment..........hmmmm

I forecast he’ll be gone before Halloween.  I’m bemused he’s taking on this role.  He’s doesn’t need it financially as he’s worth over £10m.  Granted Scholes’ worth was more but Scholes was a “fan” of the club.  

Kewell has no affinity to our club... but he does have links to Dubai-based companies associated with investment into lower league football clubs (along with Warren Feeney - expect him to return as Assistant Manager)

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Warren Feeney was his assistant at Crawley; maybe we could bring him back.  Hurrah.

He was his assistant at Notts County as well.

"Harry Kewell is 'one of the best coaches' I've seen, says Warren Feeney"

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/harry-kewell-one-best-coaches-2126432

1 hour ago, underdog said:

That’s what I was alluding to in my post.  Yet again Lemsagam answers his criticism of nepotism under the previous owner with yet another example of nepotism.

Now, our new manager was a player who Lemsagam brokered a lucrative deal for him and also his mates.  He’s come from the same stable and kept in regular contact with Lemsagam even before the Moroccan bought our club - presumably he would be, therefore, not averse to other players from that stable arriving?  No doubt we’ll be paying agent fees etc?

Our club is already a soap opera but it’s fast looking like that white board on Line of Duty.  Photos of individuals, links to one another over years.....

29 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

That’s what I was alluding to in my post.  Yet again Lemsagam answers his criticism of nepotism under the previous owner with yet another example of nepotism.

Now, our new manager was a player who Lemsagam brokered a lucrative deal for him and also his mates.  He’s come from the same stable and kept in regular contact with Lemsagam even before the Moroccan bought our club - presumably he would be, therefore, not averse to other players from that stable arriving?  No doubt we’ll be paying agent fees etc?

Our club is already a soap opera but it’s fast looking like that white board on Line of Duty.  Photos of individuals, links to one another over years.....

And a terrible way to treat previous managers, including Dino. 

On the BBC now

Harry Kewell: Oldham Athletic name ex-Liverpool & Leeds United winger as new boss - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53622749

Edit: The official actually got it out first this time

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/august/31072020-harry-kewell-new-head-coach/

Club needs stability drew a smile and a chuckle tbh

Underwhelmed. 

Never really liked him as a player though he obviously had a great spell at Leeds. The way he hid in that Liverpool win in Istanbul was incredible. 

He gets the same chance as everyone else though.  Which means that the Oldham fans will give him until half time in his first match to impress. 

Archived