fixtures

Tuesday night games are a no no for me these days. A combination of getting older, and the traffic situation in driving the 200 mile round trip from North Yorkshire, essentially means that my season ticket days are over. Not that there was any chance of me buying one whilst the present circus continues.

If we are not allowed to spectate games in September.  Then not counting any postponed Saturday games, which would then become night matches. Of which there are 6 in the 3 worst months regarding weather, of the season. The maximum games that I could see on a Saturday is 15. This will almost certainly be less after weather interventions, and other idiotic excuses to call games off.

So given that even for Saturday games there will almost certainly be offers from the club to get more bodies through the gate, which will include discounts on normal match day prices, there is zero value in me buying a season ticket.

It seems to me that our club in particular, and football in general ( apart from the greedy league ) has got a death wish. Tuesday games at our level always get poor gates, Tuesday night games against your nearest geographical rivals just makes no sense. And clubs continue to hurtle towards the abbiss.  

I dread to think that given another mediocre season on the pitch, what our average attendance will be .   There is every likelihood that it will be a record low.   

Given that it isn't a coincidence our first 4 games all involve a considerable journey for the away team. Plus the condensed season squeezing 10 months into 9. It was always very likely that we'd have some popular games for fans on a Tuesday. 

Perhaps we have more than most, but it does seem that the aforementioned Barrow and Harrogate away games could be during school holidays. 

Tranmere had 2000+ fans when we last played them on a Tuesday night. We played Bury and Rochdale at home on Tuesday nights and both were memorable games. 

Plus our record on Tuesday nights 😀

3 hours ago, Only Blue said:

Forest Green away on 2nd January. What happened to local games around this time?

Morecambe in April a possible weekend away but that's about it.

Stay over in Stroud, I can promise the people watching is incredible. Just don't touch! 

3 hours ago, Only Blue said:

Morecambe in April a possible weekend away but that's about it.

Morecambe away in August,in the middle of the school holidays was a dead rubber, so I wouldn’t predict a wild weekend in April 😴

12 minutes ago, Lags said:

Stay over in Stroud, I can promise the people watching is incredible. Just don't touch! 

Went to Forest Green when we played them in 2018. Vowed then never to go again. An absolute turd of a journey, turd of a place and a turd of a football club...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Went to Forest Green when we played them in 2018. Vowed then never to go again. An absolute turd of a journey, turd of a place and a turd of a football club...

Concise and to the point. 😀😀

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

So did I. It was an easy journey to a stunning part of the country. Had lunch and a few beers at a country pub before finding a parking spot close to the top of the hill. Had a couple of delicious vegetable samosas from the stall outside the Away end and then into the ground for a couple of beers in the dedicated for away fans tent. The staff were welcoming and courteous and we snatched a draw through a Gardner penalty. There were 844 Latics fans there.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day 😀

Archived