Now former MD Karl Evans

Thanks for chasing up Chaddy, I do also thank Karl for his responses but find them very underwhelming tbh. I accept Karl is new to the role but I would have thought these types of questions are reasonably significant in our gauging just how fragile the club is off-the-field. 

Regarding the lottery, i would have expected the club to at least have some marketing on this (maybe they have?) but maybe could get a quick show of hands from OWTB members as to how many actually participate on a regular basis. 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I could be wrong but the difference in his tone and enthusiasm on the call and those responses say to me he is already losing the will to live... Maybe he has finally met Mo

Spot on.

Doesn’t take long does it? 

He’s probably already fan fatigued as well- in that, loads of people keeping asking questions he either doesn’t know the answer to, or knows he’ll get sacked if he says anything. 

Respect for trying mate. 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I think I could have given the same answers ...and don't work for the club 

From the tone of your posts lately, BP, I think you are at the same level of despair as I am...it's a hopeless and desperate situation. The club we love no longer exists and we find ourselves, as supporters of the remnants, in this mind boggling and totally bizarre merry-go-round of managers, players and off-field antics.

I just cannot fathom what the Lemsagams are getting from this insane game they are playing.

13 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Thanks for chasing up Chaddy, I do also thank Karl for his responses but find them very underwhelming tbh. I accept Karl is new to the role but I would have thought these types of questions are reasonably significant in our gauging just how fragile the club is off-the-field. 

Regarding the lottery, i would have expected the club to at least have some marketing on this (maybe they have?) but maybe could get a quick show of hands from OWTB members as to how many actually participate on a regular basis. 

Even if it was well promoted, how many people are going to participate? I am truly surprised by how many pay the £10 to watch the games, given the state of affairs. The club as it is now, does not deserve a single penny from us.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Even if it was well promoted, how many people are going to participate? I am truly surprised by how many pay the £10 to watch the games, given the state of affairs. The club as it is now, does not deserve a single penny from us.

Do you think there is some kind of perverse enjoyment from ALMO in fans turning away? Almost as if - we don’t care if no fans come it’s ours to do what we want with anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I feel the same Wardie, I would participate in all of these type of things immediately if the club's owners would at least demonstrate some humility (never) and tell us the truth about how fragile the club is financially. If they were to  seek out support from the fans and start running the business like they gave a shit about the club and all its stakeholders at all, then i might be persuaded. 

I think its time for us supporters to just seek solace in being Oldham Athletic diehards outside of the club and maybe prepare for the inevitable future of non-league/ administration & / or liquidation whichever comes first. 

I have volunteered for hours and years in various roles at the club in my younger days, would do it all again happily if it meant the club returning to its fans or at least to its virtues     

7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

As I’ve said elsewhere - there was a chance to turn this COVID shambles into a positive going forward. My last game at BP was beating Swindon in 2019.  This season I thought a tenner to stay at home with the dog and cat and watch in comfort with my own coffee was a great deal -  5 games later with that shite on the pitch and the continuing shit show off it meant I stopped and won’t be starting back. Fans like me could have been won around during this 

6 hours ago, Wardie said:

From the tone of your posts lately, BP, I think you are at the same level of despair as I am...it's a hopeless and desperate situation. The club we love no longer exists and we find ourselves, as supporters of the remnants, in this mind boggling and totally bizarre merry-go-round of managers, players and off-field antics.

I just cannot fathom what the Lemsagams are getting from this insane game they are playing.

Yes, it's a dysfuctional club off the field that's mirrored on the field.

A shambles of the likes I've never seen in over 60 years of support.

I want stability back again, preferably from a genuine consortium or a fan led group, not from what comes across to me as a dictatorship.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Do you think there is some kind of perverse enjoyment from ALMO in fans turning away? Almost as if - we don’t care if no fans come it’s ours to do what we want with anyway. 

Megalomania, maybe?

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

I think its getting to that point, rumours are mo was heard shouting fuck the fans. Not sure al sees it quite that way 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Some straightforward answers to some fairly inane questions, why fans continue to concern themselves over staff wages I don't know, he's hardly going to come out and say I don't know if anyone will get paid on time.

. . and there in lies the problem. There is no way they’ll ever tell us anything of value. It was same with Corney- despite his ‘open door’ bollocks. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

. . and there in lies the problem. There is no way they’ll ever tell us anything of value. It was same with Corney- despite his ‘open door’ bollocks. 

Can't agree with your swipe at Corney. For example, some fans were claiming we were paying peanut wages and no transfer fees. When a group of us off here arranged to meet him and fellow directors, he opened up the "wages book" and we saw evidence of £2k a week (when many said £500 a week) for a player and a transfer fee of £100k. No names were revealed, of course, but you can't get much more open than that. Do you think AL would show fans similar evidence? Corney also answered every question put to him that night so, sorry, cannot agree - he was not perfect but his door was always open to anyone who actually bothered to go in and see him. There is surely no doubt that "the Corney years" were infinitely better than this?

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Some straightforward answers to some fairly inane questions, why fans continue to concern themselves over staff wages I don't know, he's hardly going to come out and say I don't know if anyone will get paid on time.

I would say they are textbook answers and I think the definition of "inane" is quite subjective. I don't think the wages payments are any of my business, unless they undermine the stability and future of the club's existence.

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

He is probably referring to the Giant Cash Bonanza:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/commercial/giant-cash-bonanza/

Give 1 million dollars to my church | One million dollars, Dr evil, Memes

On another note. Found it amusing our esteemed CEO was all over Twitter with quotes such as "I've got thick skin, me" and "You don't get far in football if you can't accept criticism". He takes a couple of days off grid before returning with snarky comments after one of our social media cranks brushed a raw nerve.

https://twitter.com/KarlEvans1999/status/1323298264792420352?s=20

6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Give 1 million dollars to my church | One million dollars, Dr evil, Memes

On another note. Found it amusing our esteemed CEO was all over Twitter with quotes such as "I've got thick skin, me" and "You don't get far in football if you can't accept criticism". He takes a couple of days off grid before returning with snarky comments after one of our social media cranks brushed a raw nerve.

https://twitter.com/KarlEvans1999/status/1323298264792420352?s=20

for those not on Twitter could you screenshot? 

Morning all

Thanks Chaddyexhile and unsworth. I have noted your Q&A and will flag them to the Trust team

Just to note a couple of things as I about to shoot out of the door.

Lottery: From memory, it Practically ceased in the last year of Corney's reign. Trust went through the process of taking it over as it was run separatley from the club, as we were lead to believe the club was not interested. As soon as we applied for the licence to run it and was ready to re-launch, we were advised that the club decided to run it and we were left disappointed.

Purchase of BP: Is linked to the ACV the Trust holds as the nominator, the landlords are the owner and the council hold the register and manages the process. A potential change of owner would trigger the ACV moratorium period. We have not been advised that this has happened.

FSA Sustain the Game! Is a campaign the Trust supports 100% and we actively post weekly updates on our Facebook site and webpage (new one under construction)

MOU: is between Trust and Club and is an FSA document that set the level of information both parties want to share with fans, finances is one of them. And embeds three of the fans expectation of open-ness, honesty and Transparency. This has been 12 months in the making and we are almost at the finishing line. This has now been re-issued to the Club and we are expecting an update this week.

Cheers

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Morning all

Thanks Chaddyexhile and unsworth. I have noted your Q&A and will flag them to the Trust team

Just to note a couple of things as I about to shoot out of the door.

Lottery: From memory, it Practically ceased in the last year of Corney's reign. Trust went through the process of taking it over as it was run separatley from the club, as we were lead to believe the club was not interested. As soon as we applied for the licence to run it and was ready to re-launch, we were advised that the club decided to run it and we were left disappointed.

Purchase of BP: Is linked to the ACV the Trust holds as the nominator, the landlords are the owner and the council hold the register and manages the process. A potential change of owner would trigger the ACV moratorium period. We have not been advised that this has happened.

FSA Sustain the Game! Is a campaign the Trust supports 100% and we actively post weekly updates on our Facebook site and webpage (new one under construction)

MOU: is between Trust and Club and is an FSA document that set the level of information both parties want to share with fans, finances is one of them. And embeds three of the fans expectation of open-ness, honesty and Transparency. This has been 12 months in the making and we are almost at the finishing line. This has now been re-issued to the Club and we are expecting an update this week.

Cheers

Thanks Underdog. 

It's just that I am aware of great things coming out of several local clubs that are significantly lower than OAFC in the traditional pecking order regarding their income generation and community activities, I have never seen anything about latics lottery till yesterday though which probably says it all about its marketing. I haven't put a poll up on here asking about how many people are aware of it but I suspect I know the answer before I did. 

We have been told by the previous CEO that the official EFL funding, season ticket sales, payment on day and sponsorship were the only income sources Latics had, hence my question to Karl via Chaddyexile to see if that was his understanding. The response indicates that there is a lottery operating but as i say I had no idea there was one and thought was a good opportunity to work with local charities in a joint venture. 

My question about the ground was just to see if there was any update from last I knew - there wasn't. 

I know PTB met with Karl last night so expect an update from them sometime soon      

Archived