Now former MD Karl Evans

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Can't agree with your swipe at Corney. For example, some fans were claiming we were paying peanut wages and no transfer fees. When a group of us off here arranged to meet him and fellow directors, he opened up the "wages book" and we saw evidence of £2k a week (when many said £500 a week) for a player and a transfer fee of £100k. No names were revealed, of course, but you can't get much more open than that. Do you think AL would show fans similar evidence? Corney also answered every question put to him that night so, sorry, cannot agree - he was not perfect but his door was always open to anyone who actually bothered to go in and see him. There is surely no doubt that "the Corney years" were infinitely better than this?

I can’t be arsed going over all that again Owl. I’ve said many times after your call to arms you were seduced by him IMO. You even state now- ‘he answered every question’  I’m sure he did- and you believed him. . 

Comparing owners is completely moot. It’s well known Wheater is on a massive wage. So what? Was Corney better than Ian Stott? Each owner is of their time.

One thing that marries them all though- they all tells fans what they want them to hear. Not what the fans want to actually know. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, singe said:

He's on twitter.

Again.

Embarrassing.

Again.

Out of his depth.

Again.

It’s ridiculous. He rises to every comment directed at him and it’s not helpful to him or the club he represents. 

He’s trying to be like Accrington’s chairman Andy Holt is on there but he lacks the ability, information and doesn’t have the authority to do it when talking about our club. 

Noticed the marketing chap had a blow up on there to an ex-employee yesterday as well, not helpful when you use your platform to push the club. 

Personal accounts and buisness accounts should be the way to do it and separate the 2 worlds and not mix it all up! 

18 minutes ago, super_blue said:

It’s ridiculous. He rises to every comment directed at him and it’s not helpful to him or the club he represents. 

He’s trying to be like Accrington’s chairman Andy Holt is on there but he lacks the ability, information and doesn’t have the authority to do it when talking about our club. 

Noticed the marketing chap had a blow up on there to an ex-employee yesterday as well, not helpful when you use your platform to push the club. 

Personal accounts and buisness accounts should be the way to do it and separate the 2 worlds and not mix it all up! 

A lot on there just seem to think they can say whatever they want to them and start crying when they get a bit back, I like the fact that they aren't just prepared to be human dartboards.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

A lot on there just seem to think they can say whatever they want to them and start crying when they get a bit back, I like the fact that they aren't just prepared to be human dartboards.

100% Agree with you Twitter is full of trolls and vile people. I just think when your representing something other than yourself then you need to tread carefully. That’s why I’d split accounts between buisness and private! 

12 hours ago, singe said:

He's on twitter.

Again.

Embarrassing.

Again.

Out of his depth.

Again.

He arrived a few weeks ago. Full of promise, "I've got thick skin me" and "Just watch this space" bollocks. He's now accused someone who can see through his thin veneer of total bollocks of 'being a delicate flower' before promptly whipping himself off Twitter in a huff because a Bury supporter threatened* his family. Irony, huh.

* I don't condone this, but fuck off with taking your bat and ball home over it.

20 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He arrived a few weeks ago. Full of promise, "I've got thick skin me" and "Just watch this space" bollocks. He's now accused someone who can see through his thin veneer of total bollocks of 'being a delicate flower' before promptly whipping himself off Twitter in a huff because a Bury supporter threatened* his family. Irony, huh.

* I don't condone this, but fuck off with taking your bat and ball home over it.

You do need to be thick or thick-skinned to engage on twitter but "threatening" people's family or self is pretty low, even by some of the scum who frequent it's standards.

Seems to me everyone would be better employed just talking to each other face to face instead of broadcasting when they had a decent steak or a shit !! 

43 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You do need to be thick or thick-skinned to engage on twitter but "threatening" people's family or self is pretty low, even by some of the scum who frequent it's standards.

Seems to me everyone would be better employed just talking to each other face to face instead of broadcasting when they had a decent steak or a shit !! 

Bring back the good old days of pub banter.

I never read twitter but just had a look at this. Evans' grammar is terrible and he's biting to comments made by 14 year-old boys on twitter, it's embarrassing. I don't see Man City's CEO on twitter arguing with people in this manner... Evans just looks ridiculous. Reminds me of Simon Corney with his ripped chair calling out OWTB members in an official address to the fans, which was equally as embarrassing. This is not the way to run a professional football club.

7 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

I never read twitter but just had a look at this. Evans' grammar is terrible and he's biting to comments made by 14 year-old boys on twitter, it's embarrassing. I don't see Man City's CEO on twitter arguing with people in this manner... Evans just looks ridiculous. Reminds me of Simon Corney with his ripped chair calling out OWTB members in an official address to the fans, which was equally as embarrassing. This is not the way to run a professional football club.

we are a professional  football club ?   somebody needs to tell the board 

35 minutes ago, singe said:

For people without twitter here is the treat from a Bury fan that has led to Karl coing of twitter and threatening to resign as CEO.

https://twitter.com/KarlEvans1999/status/1327727978764242945?s=20

12 minutes ago, real said:

Is that the extent of the "personal threat"? That thick skin peeled away fast.

I don’t do Twitter but signed up just to peruse his time line

two words - “oh dear”

Don’t think I’ll bother following up my call 🤦‍♂️

On 11/15/2020 at 1:11 PM, Behind Closed Doors said:

Banter is not allowed any more ...not pc enough

Banter is alive and well. It is bigotry and hatred which are unwelcome. Consent plays a part too, of course.

Unfortunately places like twitter prove categorically that under the guise of free speech and a complete lack of concern over being "PC" what you are left with is vile hatred and aggression.

2 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Banter is alive and well. It is bigotry and hatred which are unwelcome. Consent plays a part too, of course.

Unfortunately places like twitter prove categorically that under the guise of free speech and a complete lack of concern over being "PC" what you are left with is vile hatred and aggression.

I don’t disagree but banter is judged more in the eye and the compass of the beholder than it ever was ......your consent point is spot on ....there is a fine line between taking and giving offence and censorship from self defined higher moral ground? 

44 minutes ago, Ackey said:

And social media allows individuals to hide behind anonymity using pseudonyms when posting their vitriolic attacks on individuals. It is time that Twitter, Facebook et al were made responsible for policing their platforms. Sadly that just doesn’t seem to be on many government agendas.

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Is this place any different? 

To be fair I think it is 

- by and large we have all got the measure of each other and aren’t surprised by responses

- despite disagreements about how best to do it  we all have a hope in common. Better times for Latics 

-OWTB is a football forum of significant interest but little importance and would be easy to walk away from. Other social media are more difficult for some people to abandon because of peer pressure

-and  as The Big Dog says the Mods keep alert, monitor a complaints process and take action if they feel it necessary

On another topic. Karl said the LED boards have been switched off because they are no longer fit for purpose. They are only four years old I think (may be wrong). What he really means ,is we no longer have the sponsors to make them pay. Either because they have pulled the plug because of the way they have been treated, or don't want to be associated with the club any more. When they were installed, the club lost a lot of small businesses who could afford a board but not what was being asked for the LED boards. I still think if national companies were approached with outlets in Oldham, a success could be made from them.

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

On another topic. Karl said the LED boards have been switched off because they are no longer fit for purpose. They are only four years old I think (may be wrong). What he really means ,is we no longer have the sponsors to make them pay. Either because they have pulled the plug because of the way they have been treated, or don't want to be associated with the club any more. When they were installed, the club lost a lot of small businesses who could afford a board but not what was being asked for the LED boards. I still think if national companies were approached with outlets in Oldham, a success could be made from them.

They are broke which is a joke, as you say their only 4 years old. Should at least try and get them fixed.  

Archived