Now former MD Karl Evans

On 9/19/2021 at 5:19 PM, Diego_Sideburns said:

The Oldham Times says it is understood that Karl Evans did arrive at the ground after kick-off once the crowds had dispersed.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/latics/19590525.lemsagams-not-witness-oldham-fans-protests/

He didn’t appear to watch the game from the directors box. The person seemingly representing the club on Saturday was Alan Hardy.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to understand how @AlanHardy, who is a good guy, still associates himself with the admin of these clowns.  He has been there while they have dismantled our club.  If he had given them advice he would have been gone like everyone else. Clearly he has just keep to himself and towed the line.

Alan should get some of the same stick thrown at BO.

30 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I find it hard to understand how @AlanHardy, who is a good guy, still associates himself with the admin of these clowns.  He has been there while they have dismantled our club.  If he had given them advice he would have been gone like everyone else. Clearly he has just keep to himself and towed the line.

Think the freebies help 🙄

36 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Presumably because he supports the club and has knowledge that is useful, especially when the only other people in the Oldham side of of the directors box were the players. 

36 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Didn't Hardy retire to fight cancer about a decade ago and has recently started being the matchday face of the club for free one once or twice a week?

Seemingly couldn't be a story any more different from that of the obtuse freeloader if it tried.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

He doesn't deserve any stick and most fans will know this.

The ones who do everyone knows.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He doesn't deserve any stick and most fans will know this.

The ones who do everyone knows.

Most fans think this, but Alan has been back helping around the club for several years now. I am aware he was involved in some of the attempts to pressurise Giles Coke, and he has not stood up against any of the bullying against staff. He has had no opinion, yet he must have some influence if simply because of his experience.

My point is, why is he not against this regime? BO is slated by the fans for the same thing, taking freebies and supporting the regime and not influencing change.  The reason we have taken against BO is the stuff he has said.  The difference is Alan has been totally silent.  Surely in the circumstances of the terrible decline of “his club”, he could have something to say.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Most fans think this, but Alan has been back helping around the club for several years now. I am aware he was involved in some of the attempts to pressurise Giles Coke, and he has not stood up against any of the bullying against staff. He has had no opinion, yet he must have some influence if simply because of his experience.

My point is, why is he not against this regime? BO is slated by the fans for the same thing, taking freebies and supporting the regime and not influencing change.  The reason we have taken against BO is the stuff he has said.  The difference is Alan has been totally silent.  Surely in the circumstances of the terrible decline of “his club”, he could have something to say.

It is better to be silent and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt. 

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

He has nothing to do with this regime, just someone who is willing  to lend a helping hand.

He has no need to do this after a long battle against cancer.

People really need to direct their protests at those who make the decisions at the club.

Hey guys lve got this basket of apples and this basket of oranges which look, smell, feel and taste conpletely different. However l'm going to go on the internet and argue that they are exactly the same despite all reason and evidence. l'm going to ask you to point out how they are different, then ignore it all and keep saying they are the same. Then l'm going to get all upset and shouty that you won't abandon all evidence, sense and reason to join me in altreal.

lt's not my fault l'm like this, it's yours and l'm sticking to it until pears come along and give me something..

The comparison of Alan Hardy to the pig-headed, freeloading Barry Owen should get buried straight away.

Alan's worked hard for the club for over three decades, seen us at our lowest of lows and our highest of highs. Anyone who was an avid supporter during the 80's, 90's and 00's could see what a dedicated and selfless individual he was.

Owen on the other hand cynically wormed his way onto the club's board using the Trust as a vehicle; solely to enjoy the trappings and power that it brought. He's been at the centre of the most destructive events that has sent us down the path we're on not and was cast aside like a rag doll once the owner had no use with him. To be fair to the owner, it's one of the only decisions he's gotten right.

So yeah, Alan's OK in my book and I'm happy that he's a figurehead at the club as a reward for the sweat and toil he's put in over the years. Barry Owen can go and boil his head for all I care.

Alan is probably keeping himself busy and enjoys helping out where he can. He was a very helpful chap when he was employed by the club and very transparent. The complete opposite of what has gone on for a number of years.

3 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Blaming Alan Hardy is surely wide of the mark, I doubt he has little if any influence at the club. He was a very divisive figure back in the day, but he can't take any blame for Barry et al and their massive ineptitude. 

Whether he is involved now or not I’d bet my left bollock if he was involved in signings pre season the “oversights” on the conditions of the EFL loan would not have been made 

15 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Whether he is involved now or not I’d bet my left bollock if he was involved in signings pre season the “oversights” on the conditions of the EFL loan would not have been made 

You are right, he's not involved and even if he had been he wouldn't have made the contract mistakes.

27 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Alan has always been very helpful and transparent when I've spoken to him (about unrelated matters) on LinkedIn. I'm sure he'd be open to an interview/podcast if useful.

Exactly right.  I hope he will come on and give us his real opinion about what has been done to the club and the experienced staff.

I was really only pointing out how disappointingly quiet Alan had been through all this mismanagement. 

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Exactly right.  I hope he will come on and give us his real opinion about what has been done to the club and the experienced staff.

I was really only pointing out how disappointingly quiet Alan had been through all this mismanagement. 

Speculating, but perhaps he's been trying to improve things from the inside. Obviously they go hard for anyone who speaks out in the public, so he couldn't say anything to the media if he wanted to continue down this route.

Archived