MATCH: v Newport (A) 19/12/20

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time round l was desperate for us to sign Evans. Partly bc the way he had been treated was a disgrace and ignorant knowitalls on here were pissing me off. I mean, the police and the CPS would never, ever, ever convict an innocent man and it had never, ever, ever happened before had it 🙄🙄🙄

Now, l don't think it would work in this system w Rowe already here.

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Hopefully, Roy doesnt comment on how well we played at Rodney Park during the Harrogate game

I actually like Roy’s co commentating comments. My favourites:

Roy describing the traffic/floods on the way to the game 

Roy letting us know how many minutes we are into the game...

Roy letting us know how many minutes there are to go in the game 

Roy talking about Fage have ‘pace to burn’...

Roy confirming that Garrity gets about the pitch but does give the ball away too often..

Roy pointing out that we are on the back foot a ‘likkle’ bit

Roy saying Dearnley will be on soon to run at the opposition 

But he also does read the game reasonably well and I miss him when he’s not there so I’m a fan. 😀

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Roy confirming that Garrity gets about the pitch but does give the ball away too often..

But he also does read the game reasonably well and I miss him when he’s not there so I’m a fan. 😀

Eight minutes gone and Oldham are a goal down...

Fair point.

48 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Criticising Clarke is harsh. He's playing his first games in professional football with essentially no protection in front of him, of course he's going to make some errors. I think he's a talent myself 

He is a talent yes but no denying that he had a poor game today as did most.

On 12/25/2020 at 9:25 AM, TheBigDog said:

Roy saying every minute yesterday for an hour "Grant's let the team down today"!!

52 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Roy saying every minute yesterday for an hour "Grant's let the team down today"!!

It makes a change him commenting on something that's actually happened. He normally just makes things up like when Grant missed a header yesterday and he claimed it was a foul and then maintained he got sent off as he was frustrated that the invented foul wasn't given.

All he does is tell you the time and push his book.

14 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I'm aware it's for charity but it's still bloody boring when he's pushing it all the time !!

He still adds nothing to the commentary in my opinion.

Roy is a great servant and does his role for nothing (bar expenses for away trips)

But that only goes so far - his commentary is woeful. It was tolerable when he had Gordy - both because of their chemistry and Gordon was able to reign him in when he became too ridiculous 

needs to be given a season ticket for life a seat in the box and taken of the mic 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Roy is a great servant and does his role for nothing (bar expenses for away trips)

But that only goes so far - his commentary is woeful. It was tolerable when he had Gordy - both because of their chemistry and Gordon was able to reign him in when he became too ridiculous 

needs to be given a season ticket for life a seat in the box and taken of the mic 

Agree wholeheartedly with this post and his charity contributions are commendable but..........

His comments during commentary are mostly "off the wall" and distracting to the match commentator and listener alike. 

It's off putting for someone of my advanced years so what must our younger supporters make of it ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived