Jump to content

Darren Drysdale dropped from Southend v Bolton match


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I actually quite like what he has done although he will suffer the consequences. I bet so many refs have wanted to do this to players over time.

 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Thought the same. 


me to but I guess there’s things you just can’t do when you hold a certain role regardless of provocation  - I’d love to have dropped several people I’ve come across in my working life but if I did I’d end up in jail not just taking a Saturday off 

 

** I’m aware he didn’t actually drop anyone 

Edited by Chaddyexile84
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

 


me to but I guess there’s things you just can’t do when you hold a certain role regardless of provocation  - I’d love to have dropped several people I’ve come across in my working life but if I did I’d end up in jail not just taking a Saturday off 

 

** I’m aware he didn’t actually drop anyone 

Oh defo. 
 

I just think we can all sympathise when a player is screaming in your face, and you have to just take it. it’s part and parcel of the job, but difficult nonetheless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always thought a good way for refs to get back at players who are shits is to wait till they blast one miles over the bar and whisper something like "Not too clever there son !" in their ear.

 

Amazes me the numbers of so-called pros who don't know the rules, especially those employed by Sky and BT to explain the game to us ignoramuses.

Edited by Bobledgersheart
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh defo. 
 

I just think we can all sympathise when a player is screaming in your face, and you have to just take it. it’s part and parcel of the job, but difficult nonetheless. 

It's time that it wasn't part of the job

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh defo. 
 

I just think we can all sympathise when a player is screaming in your face, and you have to just take it. it’s part and parcel of the job, but difficult nonetheless. 


100% always said I’d book every single one who came up shouting the odds and follow it up with another if they didn’t get away inside 10 seconds,

 

id send off about 7 - game abandoned and I’d be the one the FA sanctioned - players are far far too protected on every front 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


100% always said I’d book every single one who came up shouting the odds and follow it up with another if they didn’t get away inside 10 seconds,

 

id send off about 7 - game abandoned and I’d be the one the FA sanctioned - players are far far too protected on every front 

Different sport, same issue - my sister in law is a tennis fanatic and quite a few years ago got selected for an umpire/line judge training course at the LTA. The guy running the course picked her out and said, ok, you call a ball out and Jeff Tarango (who had a bit of a temper back in the day) tells you in no uncertain terms that you're not fit to do your job. What is your response? Sister-in-law - I'd tell him to go and fuck himself.

 

She wasn't selected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's time that it wasn't part of the job

Vicious circle which begins at four years old spearheaded by knobead parents on the sidelines and impressionable 4yos seeing it on tv.

lve seen kids pick up water at HT and squirt it on the floor bc thats what they see on tv, the players on tv are doin it to make sure its water and not lucozade etc.

lt will never end.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...