OASF1895 Lottery weekly results

On a similar line to the weekly pledge of match day admission to the Contingency fund (or whatever title we agree on) 

My thoughts are that I am not prepared to attend a game at BP until ALMO go or at least until they change course and start effectively engaging with supporters* (* suggest won't happen so its till they go). I am saving the money that I would have paid for my season ticket (£250) for 2021/22 season and am currently looking to  donate this after the season has ended assuming ALMO still in situ. If they left in season, I would go ahead and purchase a season ticket for remainder of the season so would want to retain that option until ALMO have gone.    

I was also considering adding admission monies from away matches that I would normally attend (Dale, Salford, Sutton, Orient, Brentford, Harrogate, Sunderland  and maybe others that I have not listed), say £20 per game as I am not currently attending in case I get hooked again and am not prepared to get hooked until ALMO go. 

I am not sure how many fans are choosing not to attend BP but I suspect that its possibly along the lines of a few hundred. If fans could be persuaded to donate what they would have paid for their season tickets to an organisation like OASF then I am sure the fund would grow quite significantly. 

I was wondering if 500 fans would donate £250 season ticket money that would be £125,000

If 1000 fans would donate would be £250,000. 

Equally if fans could be persuaded to donate match day admission costs from revenue saved by not attending, say £20 a game, then 1000 donations @£20 would give a nice little £20,000 towards the fund. 

I was disappointed that the pledges on the OASF forum appear to be just various £s and not promoted as Season ticket or Match Day revenue donations as this would  feel help focus fans on what their sacrifices (and I seriously mean that, i know from myself and others choosing not to attend how difficult a choice it is) are going to contribute towards. 

Be interested to hear others' opinions on said suggestions        

• Like 3

14 hours ago, latics22 said:

Do u still only have £11500 saved ? If not when will it be updated. I think people would be more willing to contribute if they could see the total going up.

Couldn't agree more. It needs to be live if it is so prominent 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Agreed - have a direct debit set up but not keen to keep it going if this doesn't get a regular update

Its not good is it. This needs far more energy than is going into it. It’s playing second fiddle to I don’t know what within the trust. Shame. 

By way of an update, as I  pledged openness and transparency, the Lottery has raised £11,385.60 to date.

Of that figure, £4,334 has been played, but the prize money of £1,200  remains liabile, as well as £5 bonus each week.

244 players currently play 288 lines.

24 of the 31 players have donated their prize back into the fund.

8 hours ago, OASF1895 Lottery said:

By way of an update, as I  pledged openness and transparency, the Lottery has raised £11,385.60 to date.

Of that figure, £4,334 has been played, but the prize money of £1,200  remains liabile, as well as £5 bonus each week.

244 players currently play 288 lines.

24 of the 31 players have donated their prize back into the fund.

Can you ask about the pledges as well as the lottery please? I've pledged £10 a month so would be interested to know how many others are contributing in addition to the lottery.