OASF1895 Lottery weekly results

9 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

@mcfluff1985 I have been critical of the foundation and specifically the lack of update on the contingency fund figure. But if you are so passionate about it, why don’t you volunteer to look into it and get it resolved ? 

I’ve tried that. He’d rather snipe from the sidelines without offering a single bit of constructive guidance. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Could OASF find 1,000 fans or businesses willing to each invest in one or more shares totalling £3milion ono?. I'd consider it. 

Nobody will be able to purchase the ground whilst there is dispute and potential legal case. 

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

Nobody will be able to purchase the ground whilst there is dispute and potential legal case. 

That shouldn't stop us as a fans co-op purchasing it, as long as we are prepared to take the risk.  It should bring the price down as we would be taking the risk on.

The council should be happy because the community would now own the new stand that they contributed to building, hence the risk goes away. 

Edited by Pidge

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

That shouldn't stop us as a fans co-op purchasing it, as long as we are prepared to take the risk.  It should bring the price down as we would be taking the risk on.

The council should be happy because the community would now own the new stand that they contributed to building, hence the risk goes away. 

The trust has not even begun to debate whether it should be trying to purchase the ground so don’t hold your breath.

Granted we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes with blitz etc but it baffles me that the trust has not asked fans whether it should be looking to raise funds to buy the ground, club or both (in part or full). 

5 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The trust has not even begun to debate whether it should be trying to purchase the ground so don’t hold your breath.

Granted we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes with blitz etc but it baffles me that the trust has not asked fans whether it should be looking to raise funds to buy the ground, club or both (in part or full). 

Agreed.

It all baffles me.   Surely trying to buy the ground and the North stand would make the most sense as the money buys and asset rather then a badge.  If the club goes bump the Phoenix club has a safe home. 

IMO we/OASF, need to work out a system of fundraising which can work for our unique issues.  

Making the fund raising specifically for purchasing the ground, would allow a system to be developed where the contributor ultimately owns a small share of an asset.  If we can have a system where the contributor to the fund, also has a promise of money back if no purchase ever happens, then I’m in for a 4 or possibly 5 figure sum. 

I am not prepared to donate that amount with the possibility that it will not be spent for its intended use. I would not want it sitting in the OASF account being frittered away on helping a new owner fund a player or some other so far not invented reason.  If I am not unique and we have other fans willing to contribute even a small amount as long as they have some control and possible money back, we could quickly have a much more impressive amount to offer. It would really be nice to know what Blitz would accept from a fans buy out.

Buying a badge off our present owner is something I don’t want to contribute to, unless it is 1£.

• Like 3

Before someone come in with, “buying the ground isn’t as important getting rid of AL”, look at the problems Bury fans have had, and the excitement of buying back Gig Lane.

Of course we need to get rid of AL, but that is so far not going well, is it?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pidge said:

IMO we/OASF, need to work out a system of fundraising which can work for our unique issues.  

Making the fund raising specifically for purchasing the ground, would allow a system to be developed where the contributor ultimately owns a small share of an asset.  If we can have a system where the contributor to the fund, also has a promise of money back if no purchase ever happens, then I’m in for a 4 or possibly 5 figure sum. 

I am not prepared to donate that amount with the possibility that it will not be spent for its intended use. I would not want it sitting in the OASF account being frittered away on helping a new owner fund a player or some other so far not invented reason.  If I am not unique and we have other fans willing to contribute even a small amount as long as they have some control and possible money back, we could quickly have a much more impressive amount to offer. It would really be nice to know what Blitz would accept from a fans buy out.

Buying a badge off our present owner is something I don’t want to contribute to, unless it is 1£.

Yep couldn’t agree more. Know a few people who would consider to donate a substantial sum if something like this was introduced. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

That’s a good shout 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Hopefully this gets the attention and response it needs because over more than two decades, so predating both the current owners of badge and ground, the biggest enemy this club has had has been apathy. 

https://www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com/post/1895-fund-consultation-update

On 1/8/2022 at 8:51 AM, Pidge said:

I just want to reassure you that would never happen. And the current  review will cement that even further.

The Lottery is separated out, hence the 1895 branding and separation of banking and signing off.

The FAQ's and details clearly state stadium purchase and/or majority shareholding. There may be unforseen eventualities, but it would have to go back to OASF members. Personally, I think that should be strengthened to contributors but that is not possible currently.

Like I say, propping up the current owner scenario has unequivocally never been an option, and the review will reaffirm that.

Here are the details:

https://5d938cef-243a-4dcd-9f1f-c24ac3e98b4a.filesusr.com/ugd/f21f65_0bf443d37b434bffa8ede1b4415e5443.pdf

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 8:51 AM, Pidge said:

There is another option, something that we need to thrash out but came from Ashley Brown at his time at Pompey and their woes.

Best way I can describe it is a "promisary pledge". You might not be convinced to hand over cash now and sit in OSAF account rather than your own.

But a promise to give X amount if x happens?...Something we can "bank" for that day and forecast for. Would this be of interest?

Another option I picked up when researching would be that we change to a Community Benefit Society and look at bonds? Again something that needs exhausting.

We could do with some think tanks to thrash this kind if stuff out and what grants are available too.

The asset does need valuing and comess under pre-acv trigger plan. Like a RICS survey. But they would be costly....hence the skillscan of the fanbase if we can get it cheaper. We know 2 stands will need replacing at some point too.

Pre-acv trigger include having a 3 Yr business plan to run the asset.  stuff that goes whoosh over my head. Hence we need help

Cheers

On 1/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, Pidge said:

Really good post. I’d also suggest that, if your idea ever gets off the ground and succeeds, “founder” fundraisers like you should be rewarded with season tickets for life, or at the very least hugely discounted tickets.

• Like 1