OASF1895 Lottery weekly results

3 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Equates to about 80 fans putting in £10 a month for 3 months on top of the lottery?

Should change our name to Oldham Apathetic! (No slight intended on OASF, PTB etc).

I meant the not being able to update the figure bit.

43 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

That can't be right, surely?

That's what I thought. I thought the £11,500 was before the auction event. I'm no techie but I'm struggling to believe that small bits of info can't be updated by anyone other than the developer. It really is poor. The website doesn't even have a list of current directors on it. 

Edited by Dave_Og

21 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

I meant the not being able to update the figure bit.

21 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

That's what I thought. I thought the £11,500 was before the auction event. I'm no techie but I'm struggling to believe that small bits of info can't be updated by anyone other than the developer. It really is poor. The website doesn't even have a list of current directors on it. 

They're only volunteers...

25 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They're only volunteers...

I have held back from speaking out in fear of damaging the Lottery and 1895 funding. But we are getting to the stage where not speaking out is damaging.

I will try again, more forcefully. 

I care deeply about the Contingency Fund and given up a lot of personal time for it. 

I'm getting to the stage where the frustration is outweighing the benefit. 

Edited by singe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singe said:

I have held back from speaking out in fear of damaging the Lottery and 1895 funding. But we are getting to the stage where not speaking out is damaging.

I will try again, more forcefully. 

I care deeply about the Contingency Fund and given up a lot of personal time for it. 

I'm getting to the stage where the frustration is outweighing the benefit. 

Only 14k in the pot. They can't keep people up to date. Save yourself the hassle. You've done a good job with your bit but it seems not everyone else on the trust gives a fuck.

Tlthey can add stories etc to website but can't update  a number? Horse shit. Even if that was the case they could have added a new story with updates on figures, they manage to add their open letters etc. 

Talk about lack of communication from the club. Pot kettle 

(Just to be clear, in no way a dig at you @singe)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Only 14k in the pot. They can't keep people up to date. Save yourself the hassle. You've done a good job with your bit but it seems not everyone else on the trust gives a fuck.

Tlthey can add stories etc to website but can't update  a number? Horse shit. Even if that was the case they could have added a new story with updates on figures, they manage to add their open letters etc. 

Talk about lack of communication from the club. Pot kettle 

(Just to be clear, in no way a dig at you @singe)

Just finished listening to the pod from after the Exeter game a few weeks back. Matt talks openly about the shortcomings of a ‘contingency fund’ as being far too generic and uninspiring to incentivise people to invest. I couldn’t agree more. 

I have considered setting up a significant monthly direct debit but won’t do so until there is some more clarity as to what we are raising money for. What’s the end game? A rainy day fund won’t cut it.

I emailed the trust months ago and asked them to go out to fans and get a mandate from them around the idea of fan ownership (be for some of the club or ground or both) which is the logical purpose of any fund raising initiative. This would give the fund a clear objective which people can get behind. Fans may reject that aim but otherwise the trust has no authority to be asking for money without significant clarity as to its objective. 

I received no response whatsoever. 

i ask again. Why is money being raised?

Just now, singe said:

The danger with being very specific is that another unforseen event/s could materialise, and having to go back to members could delay things. But being clear should not be a problem. 

Fairly sure that could be managed through clear provisions which allow funds to be directed elsewhere should the need arise and as long as certain conditions are met.

It’s woefully over simplistic at the moment and needs some proper legal input 

Could the trust not go to Blitz and ask for a realist price for the ground etc.  If we could have one, I’m sure there are a good few fans who would invest in their share of the ground.  If we owned the ground as fans, there would be a bit more security against the club disappearing if we are relegated.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Could the trust not go to Blitz and ask for a realist price for the ground etc.  If we could have one, I’m sure there are a good few fans who would invest in their share of the ground.  If we owned the ground as fans, there would be a bit more security against the club disappearing if we are relegated.

Could OASF find 1,000 fans or businesses willing to each invest in one or more shares totalling £3milion ono?. I'd consider it. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Fairly sure that could be managed through clear provisions which allow funds to be directed elsewhere should the need arise and as long as certain conditions are met.

It’s woefully over simplistic at the moment and needs some proper legal input 

Who does it benefit to delay things further?

At the very least that could be done in parrallel.

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

It benefits the credibility of the appeal for contributions if time is take to get the pitch right 

Given the state we are in, I don't think it's going to make a huge difference.

There are a couple or 3 parties that benefit from further delay. 

47 minutes ago, singe said:

Given the state we are in, I don't think it's going to make a huge difference.

There are a couple or 3 parties that benefit from further delay. 

You say that as if rushing something out will get us more money in a shorter timeframe. How so? 

More speed less haste is, I think, the term. 

36 minutes ago, Andy b said:

You say that as if rushing something out will get us more money in a shorter timeframe. How so? 

More speed less haste is, I think, the term. 

Rushing? 

The Trust was formed nearly 20 years ago. 

The Lottery has been going 9 months, lots of people have had time to comment if things were very wayward. 

Even the new PTB Directors have been in place 6 months, and they accused the previous incumbents of being slow. 

There is no absolute fundamental change, its tweaking. 

Why would anyone not want as much money as possible? 

8 hours ago, Pidge said:

That was the idea put forward at the meeting with the FLG and Blitz but then all of a sudden Abdallah had agreed a deal for the ground!