Pre-Season Friendlies - July 2021

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Apparently if you wait 2 mins after posting you can then edit 

ohhhhhh

l thought you got two minutes to edit and then it had to stay like that forever!!!

tbf l'd like it like that bc stops people sneaking back to change stuff when theyre arguing with realise they are wrong 😂

Luckily, l don't use it unless a proof read reveals ilegibility(emminently possible) l'm comfortable leaving errors, mistakes and drunkenness out there for for all to see!!

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

BP back open for Burnley and Crewe 

£10 cash on turnstile only 

£5 Concessions, ridiculous!

If they’re taking a tenner each off both mum and dad, then it should be free entry for the youngsters.

My lad’s season ticket works out at just £1.74 per game!

18 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

They certainly don't want anybody in the JR stand.

It gets more and more disgraceful by the day - why aren’t the trust, the trust rep, PTB et all asking the question every single day without a gap - it’s a fucking joke 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It gets more and more disgraceful by the day - why aren’t the trust, the trust rep, PTB et all asking the question every single day without a gap - it’s a fucking joke 

Agreed,

It's quite a simple question to the owner, why isn't the stand open? 

2 hours ago, hollandspies said:

If they’re taking a tenner each off both mum and dad, then it should be free entry for the youngsters.

Its probably more aimed at under 18s a £5 for a 15/16/17year old going with their mates ain't bad but maybe a family ticket with a few options (2 adults 1 child, 1 adult 2 child etc) for a fairer pricing could be looked at not just for friendlies though for through out the season we need to be trying to welcome new or stay away supporters back in BP with as many incentives as possible. 

14 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Seems to be common across many clubs. Rochdale has exactly same for Rotherham match  And Wigan have £12 as standard and concessions at £8 & £5. 
Am going to York v Mboro next Tuesday and concessions are £8.  Limit of 2000 allowed in. 

2 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

That would be great for us but I doubt city would benefit much from it

About time these elite clubs helped our their neighbour's, but they are more concerned about raking in money from overseas.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

About time these elite clubs helped our their neighbour's, but they are more concerned about raking in money from overseas.

Have to agree with this. There is no real relationship with our neighbours and betters - given our proximity to the two Manchester clubs I would have expected to see more loanees over the years and also the occasional friendly. 

I imagine that the toxic atmosphere that that surrounds our calamity of a club has a lot to do with this state of affairs.

Overseas tours and tournaments are a highly lucrative source of income and will also be so - but it would not be too difficult to slot in a friendly or two with regional clubs.

Also - You only have to look at the BBC football gossip section to see that United feature prominently on a daily basis - today for example they are linked with Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane, Ruben Neves (£35m from Wolves), Leon Goretzka (purported offer of £200k per week) etc.

I hear the argument of ‘why would/should they?’ ringing in my ears... and, though difficult to disagree with that, it’s still a sad indictment of the direction that football continues to follow.

Archived