Pre-Season Friendlies - July 2021

16 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Excellent first half and as others have said changes hindered us. There’s room for Bahamboula with the starting formation in a 3-4-3 and he looked lively every time he got the ball. Furman probably our best player, thought Danns still looked like he could get around the park and is worth a short term deal.

I thought Diarra did a better job than Danns, he was  very physical in midfield and worked well with Furman. Always looks a yellow card prospect though.

McGahey did ok in parts, but is very slow to move thre ball and that's a big concern.

Clarke did well and looks certain now for a place in the back 3.

Hart impressed again.

The first half trialist keeper was the best we have seen yet 

Wouldnt mind Burnley's number 38 18yo Lewis Richardson on loan. He looks a good prospect.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wouldnt mind Burnley's number 38 18yo Lewis Richardson on loan. He looks a good prospect.

Spot on BP unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll have room for any loans with the squad size at the minute.

Crazy really as 3 good quality loans transforms a team at this level.

5 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Spot on BP unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll have room for any loans with the squad size at the minute.

Crazy really as 3 good quality loans transforms a team at this level.

A good 2nd half cameo too from young Burnley right winger number 35 Mancini, Having said that he was up against Fage.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I thought Diarra did a better job than Danns, he was  very physical in midfield and worked well with Furman. Always looks a yellow card prospect though.

McGahey did ok in parts, but is very slow to move thre ball and that's a big concern.

Clarke did well and looks certain now for a place in the back 3.

Hart impressed again.

The first half trialist keeper was the best we have seen yet 

Son of a girl I went to school with.

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

Son of a girl I went to school with.

Yep I know his grandad well who lives in Failsworth and the family are from the Oldham area, he will probably end up out on loan and I'd delighted if we could get him in but suspect they have loftier plans for him.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep I know his grandad well who lives in Failsworth and the family are from the Oldham area, he will probably end up out on loan and I'd delighted if we could get him in but suspect they have loftier plans for him.

Podams ?

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think he will be playing in the EPL this season.

So 2 weeks to to go to the opening 

game of the season and still no main striker and a decent attacking main midfielder, if we finish above 18th I will 

be shocked, but to some will be a achievement 🤦🏻‍♂️🥾🤡

It's possible Burnley played Richardson so that KC could have a look at him.

Rodrigues left totally unmarked for his goal.

Bahamboula skipping past PL players, just as he does against L2 players. Then putting it on a plate for DKD to miss a sitter. 

The RRE was very sparsely populated; and the LED boards were off again!

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

Bahamboula skipping past PL players, just as he does against L2 players. Then putting it on a plate for DKD to miss a sitter. 

I'm sure I have mentioned this before, but a Rochdale scout I spoke to reckons Bahamboula is crap. Caused many an argument when I mentioned I think he is one of the best players I have ever seen...

17 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm sure I have mentioned this before, but a Rochdale scout I spoke to reckons Bahamboula is crap. Caused many an argument when I mentioned I think he is one of the best players I have ever seen...

Perhaps scouts don't know everything about the game........................

I believe KC is looking at another Goalkeeper against Crewe..There seems to be an abundance of unemployed keepers and the majority are like for like quality wise.. im more concerned with what we have available on the attacking front.

46 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Perhaps scouts don't know everything about the game........................

They don't, like even the best managers they can get things wrong.

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

I believe KC is looking at another Goalkeeper against Crewe..There seems to be an abundance of unemployed keepers and the majority are like for like quality wise.. im more concerned with what we have available on the attacking front.

Just another note on Leutwiler while the chance is here, Canada win their quarter final last night, so if suggest the first time we see our new Number 1 will be the first game of the season.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Just another note on Leutwiler while the chance is here, Canada win their quarter final last night, so if suggest the first time we see our new Number 1 will be the first game of the season.

I can't see KC playing him as number 1, until he has seen him with the other lads in defence. It was a bad time for him to be away from the club.

21 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I can't see KC playing him as number 1, until he has seen him with the other lads in defence. It was a bad time for him to be away from the club.

It's a risk that comes with buying international players, a particularly acute one for African players as their big international tournament is in the middle of the European season.

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Anyone know if there’s any commentary or anything tonight? 

That would be benefitting the "fan". They want us to pay and go and watch, not listen in for free.

Archived