Worlds apart on treating fans as customers aren't we

Andy Holt the Chairman of Accrington Stanley has informed his supporters that the club pays £17 for replica shirts

Here is their price structure v our own 

Adults

OAFC £45 / Accy £40

Junior

OAFC £40 / Accy £29.99

We're really not trying hard enough to win over our supporters are we 

Who on earth makes these decisions at our club

35 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Andy Holt the Chairman of Accrington Stanley has informed his supporters that the club pays £17 for replica shirts

Adults

OAFC £45 / Accy £40

Junior

OAFC £40 / Accy £29.99

I think such decisions are made by someone who doesn't give a toss for the fan(s)

45 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Adults

OAFC £45 / Accy £40

Junior

OAFC £40 / Accy £29.99

Whilst I agree that football shirts etc are all overpriced, we aren't the only club who charges this much. Accy will be one of the cheapest ones. Dont think this is anythin to do with our club or owners specifically, just a football problem in general

19 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I think such decisions are made by someone who doesn't give a toss for the fan(s)

Getting kids to wear your shirts is shaping your next generation of supporters 

£45 for an Adult shirt sounds about right but £40 for a kid is well stretching it

It's not like we have thousands of sales lines to strategically price is it !

Another blunder 

15 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Whilst I agree that football shirts etc are all overpriced, we aren't the only club who charges this much. Accy will be one of the cheapest ones. Dont think this is anythin to do with our club or owners specifically, just a football problem in general

Accrington Stanley in Andy Holt, have a Chairman who engages with the clubs supporters

Blokes not daft and recognised some time ago that open communication with the clubs supporters builds trust and realistic pricing helps draw in your fans of the future

He's not afraid to speak his mind on wider football matters either, like the EFL 

If clubs can get away with charging such high prices, they will. It's up to fans to decide if they like being ripped off or not. Or taken for granted.

Why should we care about this. OAFC fans aren't buying until AL departs anyway are they ?

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

How many other clubs do this? We are no different to 90% of other clubs are we. 

the main point was that there is a chairman just up the road who respects his clubs fans and treats them like customers

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Another example,we are playing a friendly behind closed doors next Friday night, but the club haven't announced why, or who it's against.

Its like the place falls apart when AL is away 

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Another example,we are playing a friendly behind closed doors next Friday night, but the club haven't announced why, or who it's against.

That has been going on for years BP, games every day of the week being played behind closed doors from the top tier down through to the bottom tiers.

9 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Is the quality of the shirts the same ?

fair call but you would think a club in a league above us would have shirts at least as good as ours 

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This is a nothing thread. Let’s not keep looking for things to moan and whinge about eh lads and lasses?

There… I feel much better for having got that off my chest. 

Nothing to see here, move on…

Glad youve got that off your chest BigDog 😂

for me its just another example in a long list of lack of consideration for our supporters 

wont be losing any sleep on it mind 

Whilst I think the adult shirt is fairly priced and the kids shirt is overpriced in the grand scheme of things we charge pretty much what most EFL clubs charge, I also wonder how much money we make considering at the end of the season the club store is always rammed full of cut price kits, last seasons kits found themselves on mnmdirect.

I do like how Accys chairman comes across and how well hes done there it would be nice one day for that level of fan engagement and harmony to grace boundary park..

Maybe one day 🤷‍♂️

£40, £45, £50?  Who cares?

If the club come out and said that £45 includes 20% VAT, they buy for £17 but the £20 margin will help fund 4 decent players a season - which is difference between mid table obscurity or a playoff challenge - then would you happily pay £45?  I would.

Our club hierarchy doesn’t give a shit about the punters anymore and communication is nonexistent.  One Lemsagam has lost complete interest in the club, his brothers contempt of the fans whilst doing his own thing is clearly evident and their CEO has gone the same route.

I just don’t get it.  They alienated last seasons sponsors whilst performance on the pitch was a disaster.  Recruitment has gone backwards so you’d think reliance on sponsors and fans this season, to fund squad and generate income, was even more important.  I cannot understand how they can keep the lights on let alone field 11 players each game.

Never say never.  

1. Official statement - “we’ve fucked up” - use KE as mouthpiece

2. Dump or relegate Mo to find the next Bahamboula & leave KC to recruit & manage

3. Reopen North stand, engage with OEC & campaign to boost home attendances 

4. Regular, open and honest engagement with BPAS, BTP & The Trust

5. Strengthen the squad by targeting fans and sponsors to help fund this objective of promotion - STs, buy shirts, bring a friend to the game, target next generations 

Instead it’s; nothings wrong, Mo is right, fuck the fans… it’s them vs us!  Madness

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

1. Official statement - “we’ve fucked up” - use KE as mouthpiece

2. Dump or relegate Mo to find the next Bahamboula & leave KC to recruit & manage

3. Reopen North stand, engage with OEC & campaign to boost home attendances 

4. Regular, open and honest engagement with BPAS, BTP & The Trust

5. Strengthen the squad by targeting fans and sponsors to help fund this objective of promotion - STs, buy shirts, bring a friend to the game, target next generations 

Instead it’s; nothings wrong, Mo is right, fuck the fans… it’s them vs us!  Madness

1. They have admitted on numerous occasions that they have made mistakes. Granted, they keep making the same mistakes.

2. The 5 signings we have made so far (plus Walker last season) suggest that KC is doing the recruitment.

3. PTB statement yesterday seemed to indicate North Stand will be open.

4. If the PTB ask Karl a question, he responds to them. Same with fans - I have had many email exchanges with him. The same, of course, can't be said for the actual owners of the club.

5. They have reached out to local businesses for sponsorship and appear to have a lot of new advertisement hoardings around the ground with various sponsors on - they have offered a very good ST offer this season.

The shirt prices are ridiculous, but I don't know who is to blame for that. My oldest lad is 6 next week and wants a new kit. It will cost £72 for the full kit (and he wants Bahamboula on the back!!). Think we will be asking the grandparents to get him that...

33 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

1. They have admitted on numerous occasions that they have made mistakes. Granted, they keep making the same mistakes.

2. The 5 signings we have made so far (plus Walker last season) suggest that KC is doing the recruitment.

3. PTB statement yesterday seemed to indicate North Stand will be open.

4. If the PTB ask Karl a question, he responds to them. Same with fans - I have had many email exchanges with him. The same, of course, can't be said for the actual owners of the club.

5. They have reached out to local businesses for sponsorship and appear to have a lot of new advertisement hoardings around the ground with various sponsors on - they have offered a very good ST offer this season.

The shirt prices are ridiculous, but I don't know who is to blame for that. My oldest lad is 6 next week and wants a new kit. It will cost £72 for the full kit (and he wants Bahamboula on the back!!). Think we will be asking the grandparents to get him that...

I wonder if that's because the owners have changed their recruitment policy or simply because Barry is no longer at the club? 

Archived