Likely starting 11 v Newport?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dickie Down said:

Would it not be more appropriate currently for Latics to have a centre forward named Despair rather than Hope?

Absolutely, why have hope when you can have despair....... great life lesson.

50 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yes. Midfield is a concern. So is Pidge.

I think Pidge has the qualities suitable for this league personally , he does the ugly things well, very reliable in the air and he doesn't mess around with the ball, but I think KC is wanting to turn him into a ball player alot more which I don't think suits him .

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I think Pidge has the qualities suitable for this league personally , he does the ugly things well, very reliable in the air and he doesn't mess around with the ball, but I think KC is wanting to turn him into a ball player alot more which I don't think suits him .

l was pleasantly surprised by his ball playing under KC insomuch as he didnt turn possession on the edge of his own box into an opposition goal kick every single time

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

You're  wrong. In every facet of your post. 😀

He's a threat at set pieces. That's his only quality. 

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You're  wrong. In every facet of your post. 😀

I disagree with you on this , we have a  capable CB in pidge , nothing fancy about him very good in the air even from a defensive point of view,  not technically gift but does the ugly things well

59 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yes. Midfield is a concern. So is Pidge.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I just don’t get this assessment of Piergianni...

He is far more than that and more than good enough for this league. 

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l was pleasantly surprised by his ball playing under KC insomuch as he didnt turn possession on the edge of his own box into an opposition goal kick every single time

Exactly this.  Maamria had him hoofing it every time he got the ball, which put us under constant pressure.

He doesn't need to be making incisive through balls. He just needs to play it short to the nearest player and get back in position.  In some matches he did this ok.

And he was by far our best player in the air last season.  You need at least one player like that at the back.

Just now, TheBigDog said:

I agree.. Hes a lower league CB not blessed with loads of pace and he's not technically gifted but what he does he does well.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He just needs pace with him, but so would peter clarke, and even Harry Maguire needs a pacy partner, reckon we just missed out on Verane....... 

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

He just needs pace with him, but so would peter clarke, and even Harry Maguire needs a pacy partner, reckon we just missed out on Verane....... 

Another French player...really? I think we've learnt our lesson on that one.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Sorry, changed my mind

A. Keeper

Adams

Clarke

MaGahey

Badan

Hart

Diarra

Whelan

Bahamboula

DKD

Hope

Hart and Badan can swap about and cover for each other going forward

No Clarke has gone to Ross County I believe  , who I would have had back based just on his Cross field ball at Harrogate which brought about one of our goals at Harrogate, what a ball that was 

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

No Clarke has gone to Ross County I believe  , who I would have had back based just on his Cross field ball at Harrogate which brought about one of our goals at Harrogate, what a ball that was 

Different Clarke. We have a penchant for centre halves called Clarke. Just wish we had the original back. 

Just now, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Different Clarke. We have a penchant for centre halves called Clarke. Just wish we had the original back. 

I know it is.. I thought Jordan was predominantly a full back and Alan Sheenan who isn't match will drop in at CB if needed, but yes we could  certainly do with a Peter Clarke in our defence 

45 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Diff Clarke that, we signed another one a month or so ago..

Archived