Likely starting 11 v Newport?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

He will be starting,  highly rated from what I've read 

"Extremely composed on the ball, capable of breaking up play and has a great range of passing in his locker"
Sounds promising

That's in under 23 football where it doesn't count. Let's see what he's like when L2 players are running at him and bullying him. Spurs have sent him here to toughen him up.

I hope he is very successful and gets up to speed with L2.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:02 PM, maximus1267 said:

So I did but you get my drift 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:42 PM, BP1960 said:

And don't start a sentence with So?😉

It's been a while since we had a grammar/use of English punch-up 👍

I'm with BP in general on this - I get fed up with people (often politicians) starting every other sentence with "So..." - but to be fair to max I think "So I did" as an acknowledgement is fine. Score draw!

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'm with BP in general on this - I get fed up with people (often politicians) starting every other sentence with "So..." - but to be fair to max I think "So I did" as an acknowledgement is fine. Score draw!

Cant get into a grammer fight, already had a pie fight over being excited to go back to footy lol

14 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Correct..... or not lol..

My grammar has been has come back to bite me at times in my profession.

My grammar used to bite me until her teeth fell out as she was peering out of the open window on the 14th floor of the block she lived in in Chadderton.

20 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Or starting sentences with "I mean" and "Yes, no". What's this with croaking voices these days. It started as usual in America. As did using "like" every four or five words like!!

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Are we going to play our first game without any central midfielders?  Should be interesting!

I'm expecting a  couple of signings today and one of them being the lad from Tottenham.  I've read an article online saying he's supposedly signing for us today.

9 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I'm expecting a  couple of signings today and one of them being the lad from Tottenham.  I've read an article online saying he's supposedly signing for us today.

He signed for us on Monday. Curle told us at the Q&A. There's also a keeper from Kilmarnock signing and, according to Twitter, the midfielder from Orient...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

He signed for us on Monday. Curle told us at the Q&A. There's also a keeper from Kilmarnock signing and, according to Twitter, the midfielder from Orient...

Hope the cisse story is true. Also anyone think its odd that the first game is tomorrow and squad numbers haven't been released? 

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

Hope the cisse story is true. Also anyone think its odd that the first game is tomorrow and squad numbers haven't been released? 

After reading Orient comments about him, can't say I'm too fussed whether he signs or not. Players are bidding for squad numbers, something Curle has done everywhere he has been apparently...

Archived