MATCH: vs Bradford City (A) 14/08/2021

45 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

No surprise to me. I`ve not seen a brilliant turnout at Bradford for many years - despite it being just a hop over the moors - it should be like a "Rochdale away" if you throw in the "roses" spice. That said, certain Bradford fans did give certain Latics fans a good hiding years ago - perhaps memories run deep and people keep away?

I remember some grest away days in the 80s at bradford but I do tend to agree that these days there doesn't seem to be a big fuss over this away day.

Huddersfield & Leeds always seemed to appeal more.

Anyway there will be over 1000 tics there so loud and proud, just hope they come away happy.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I remember some grest away days in the 80s at bradford but I do tend to agree that these days there doesn't seem to be a big fuss over this away day.

Huddersfield & Leeds always seemed to appeal more.

Anyway there will be over 1000 tics there so loud and proud, just hope they come away happy.

Remember going to Odsal in the 1980s. Massive bowl of a stadium. The 4,000+ fans were lost. Can't remember the result, but there was little in terms of atmosphere.

46 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Remember going to Odsal in the 1980s. Massive bowl of a stadium. The 4,000+ fans were lost. Can't remember the result, but there was little in terms of atmosphere.

Yes the Odsal is something else.

Been many times, mainly with rugby tho but can recall a couple of visits with latics. 

Like you say its a huge bowl.

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Is that your advice or your prediction of our approach?

A little bit from column A and a little bit from column B.

Curle tends to be a clean sheets and set pieces manager so Bahamboula probably isn't the type of player who he goes out of his way to sign in the past. I don't think Dylan is the type to play to a rigid system.

That said as we have him and our alternative are pretty much non existent then our best bet looking at the squad that we have is for us to be structured behind him and give him the freedom to play off the cuff because he can win us games that way.

The problems will come when team realise you stop Bahamboula you stop Oldham.

Archived