Discrimination incident

32 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Cowards insult, no room for it in life. This will also throw the protests under the bus. After the pre season allegation and now this one, the country will look at our protests and say we are just bein racist or we are the bad guys. 

No it won’t as they will also look at the decent majority (like us) condemning it 

are you suggesting Charlton, Blackpool or Bury didn’t have knuckle dragging racist idiots amongst their fan base? I’d bet my life they did and they didn’t hurt their protest issues one bit as it should be as nobs like that belong buried in the past 

Probably a ploy by the club, make a song and dance about it, falls in with their stance of "the fans are trying to destroy the club" type of bollocks.

Not saying it didn't happen, but they don't seem to object when I call the ref a ****ing tw*t.

8 minutes ago, redlion said:

Probably a ploy by the club, make a song and dance about it, falls in with their stance of "the fans are trying to destroy the club" type of bollocks.

Not saying it didn't happen, but they don't seem to object when I call the ref a ****ing tw*t.

got to say I’m sceptical - I’ve heard racist abuse at BP against Craig Davies when he played for Wolves against us 

Not saying it hasn’t happened and if it has the culprit wants banning for life but the timing is a bit suss when this has never been an issue before 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No it won’t as they will also look at the decent majority (like us) condemning it 

are you suggesting Charlton, Blackpool or Bury didn’t have knuckle dragging racist idiots amongst their fan base? I’d bet my life they did and they didn’t hurt their protest issues one bit as it should be as nobs like that belong buried in the past 

I hope ur right. But even us on here, how many have said Leeds fans are thugs? Millwall too? City fans are glory hunters? Liverpool fans are thieves? Tranmere fans all on the dole? All because of a handful of fans from each club. If this gets any coverage then that will taint the whole fanbase. And if that happens we won't get favorable support over the protests. Especially if like another poster has said, the club use it as a ploy. Which I wouldnt be shocked at. I hope the club do release statements if any of the allegations are prosecuted saying its a minority and that gets the coverage. But this club doesn't shock me anymore so another kick in the balls wouldn't come as a surprise 

3 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I hope ur right. But even us on here, how many have said Leeds fans are thugs? Millwall too? City fans are glory hunters? Liverpool fans are thieves? Tranmere fans all on the dole? All because of a handful of fans from each club. If this gets any coverage then that will taint the whole fanbase. And if that happens we won't get favorable support over the protests. Especially if like another poster has said, the club use it as a ploy. Which I wouldnt be shocked at. I hope the club do release statements if any of the allegations are prosecuted saying its a minority and that gets the coverage. But this club doesn't shock me anymore so another kick in the balls wouldn't come as a surprise 

Leeds and Millwall have a reputation that has nothing to do with fan boards … We are a long way from that and we are getting away from the point here IMO

This behaviour is a disgrace and out the club in a poor light.

I don’t think the genuine fanbase will be judged by those outside the club.

I would add one thing.

I wish the club was as eager to make official statements advertising tickets for away games.

Lots of things have diminished my feelings for our club over the last twenty years but no. 1 is still the sustained racist abuse aimed by our fans, and plenty of them, at Wayne Andrews when he played against us for Colchester. 

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

Bit dramatic, every other day Sky Sports are reporting 'another racial incident'. It's not like this is an unusual occurrence, I'm sure it happens up and down the country every week. People know there are idiots at every club, it won't harm the protests one bit. It'll be chip-wrapper by next week, and the press are too busy reporting on Mendy being an alleged rapist to pay any attention to this.

Here are two examples I quickly found from the past fortnight:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/american-football/swansea-player-subjected-to-racist-abuse-after-plymouth-cup-win/ar-AANJWPn

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/derby-racism-homophobic-jozwiak-peterborough-24762192

There's no place for and should be absolute zero tolerance to racism.

I am not saying it didn't happen. 

But it just seems a funny coincidence that whenever there's bad publicity towards the owners. There tends to be a statement regarding a racist incident. 

Anthony Gerrard.  

The sponsors fall out.

Fan's confrontation with Mo.

The protests and talksport.

Then we don't here anything after that or they are found to be unproven.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Some strange takes here. Fans have chanted Ooh Roger Palmer at black stewards for years.

It's a stretch to class stereotyping people to associate them with a latics legend as racism, which generally requires negative impact.

The Dale Boris might have a stronger claim to be offended.

The owners will probably jump on anything like this as a distraction from the protests, the flare on the pitch on Tuesday was an act of simplicity that also cheapened the show of dissent in my opinion.

Our support need to be aware that whilst making their protests any misdemeanour which can be misconstrued by the club to devalue the real issues will be seized on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

Thought we were due an update on the Mo allegation but it seems not 

No place for this shite at all 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/august2/26082021-discrimination-statement/

From reading Twitter last night, sounds like this investigation is completed...

Archived