Ticketing Update.

3 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Explain what the right way is then?

The protest before the Orient match had no impact.

I'm just glad something is being done.

If it was left to the rest of us, it wouldn't resort any further than moaning about things on here. 

You can't go on the pitch, simple as that. Should imagine the authorities have told them to get a grip pronto otherwise you won't be any fans in.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You can't go on the pitch, simple as that. Should imagine the authorities have told them to get a grip pronto otherwise you won't be any fans in.

What has stopping selling tickets to Leyton Orient away to everyone apart from season ticket holders in person got to do with the protests at home games?

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

What has stopping selling tickets to Leyton Orient away to everyone apart from season ticket holders in person got to do with the protests at home games?

If you dont know the answer to your own question then I suggest you rewind the last month and start again.

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Think there is probably an element of trying to make things awkward for PTB and their supporters.

I'm guessing the club has been contacted by the FA regards pitch invasions and tennis balls being chucked on the pitch... Damned if they do, dammed if they don't..I'm sure fines and banning orders used to be given out to anyone encroaching on the pitch and missiles  being chucked so I feel the  club is in a no win situation here but could they allow the pitch invasions to carry OK without being fined heavily from higher bodies..   

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

If you dont know the answer to your own question then I suggest you rewind the last month and start again.

Well of course I know the answer to my own question.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Think there is probably an element of trying to make things awkward for PTB and their supporters.

And the answer is this.  It's not something done because the authorities have told them to get a grip. I can't see how the Leyton Orient decision has got anything to do with any safety concerns of GMP or is in response to any EFL threat. It's 100% been done to spite fans and fan groups.

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

And the answer is this.  It's not something done because the authorities have told them to get a grip. I can't see how the Leyton Orient decision has got anything to do with any safety concerns of GMP or is in response to any EFL threat. It's 100% been done to spite fans and fan groups.

I think they will have been told to get a grip on home fixtures. PTB might help themselves and others a bit more if they properly condemned the invasions rather than half heartedly IMO.

14 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I'm guessing the club has been contacted by the FA regards pitch invasions and tennis balls being chucked on the pitch... Damned if they do, dammed if they don't..I'm sure fines and banning orders used to be given out to anyone encroaching on the pitch and missiles  being chucked so I feel the  club is in a no win situation here but could they allow the pitch invasions to carry OK without being fined heavily from higher bodies..   

I can just visualise the first oap season ticket holder in the main stand to lob a tennis ball on the pitch being  hauled away by men in black.

I haven't any tennis balls so it won't be me.

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I will guarantee 100% that GMP liaison officer who deals with Latics will now be telling the club that unless things change they either need to pay for a higher police presence within the ground or the club need to control who is attending and make those attending identifiable.

They will also have slapped the club with a huge bill for having to provide an extra police presence last Saturday at short notice.

Efl will also be in the ear of the club now as they govern the league.

Away games will now come under scrutiny by the local force due to anticipated problems, the home clubs will be billed for having to have police in the grounds too.

So it will have a snowball effect sadly.

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I will guarantee 100% that GMP liaison officer who deals with Latics will now be telling the club that unless things change they either need to pay for a higher police presence within the ground or the club need to control who is attending and make those attending identifiable.

They will also have slapped the club with a huge bill for having to provide an extra police presence last Saturday at short notice.

Away games will now come under scrutiny by the local force due to anticipated problems, the home clubs will be billed for having to have police in the grounds too.

Spot on 

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

Local authorities and GMP will have been in some form of discussion.

Its public safety at the end of the day.

The oldham Times is reporting it was a “club decision” 

as for the police they would advise all ticket at most - banning fans risks people trying to get in the Chaddy (still available on line as of an hour ago) or dealing with an angry mob at the main entrance- many on Twitter still have every intention of turning up 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

as for the police they would advise all ticket at most - banning fans risks people trying to get in the Chaddy (still available on line as of an hour ago) or dealing with an angry mob at the main entrance- many on Twitter still have every intention of turning up 

The oldham times will write what it is told to.

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I can just visualise the first oap season ticket holder in the main stand to lob a tennis ball on the pitch being  hauled away by men in black.

I haven't any tennis balls so it won't be me.

I'll change that to a wine gum.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That's fine. But people can't have it both ways, they were always going to start making life awkward for those thinking they were doing aways only.

If you want to do aways only, there is the option of the home ends, it's the day itself not just the match. 

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

The oldham times will write what it is told to.

who’s telling them? 

the rest still stands the police won’t want a public order situation in the street anymore than they will in the stadium - and I do have some experience of their thinking 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

who’s telling them? 

the rest still stands the police won’t want a public order situation in the street anymore than they will in the stadium - and I do have some experience of their thinking 

Me too pal 👍

We'll leave it at that now. 

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Don't think they are banning fans from home games are they? May end up being ticket only.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Don't think they are banning fans from home games are they? May end up being ticket only.

Well they’ve stopped you buying tickets online and in person until further notice so as it stands if you haven’t already got one or ST you aren’t getting in 

They have also suspended season ticket sales

58 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

They will be aware that a protest is being organised at this game, and their fans are supporting us. They are just trying to silence the protests. 

Some f the kids who run onto the pitch aren't protesting. It's just something they have found out they can do, just for the sheer hell of it.

56 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I’ve been talking specifically about tickets for the Leyton Orient. Are you honestly telling me that local police and the EFL will have advised the club to stop selling tickets to anyone other than season tickets holders when the game is only 3 days away and a number of fans will already have booked travel and possibly accommodation? What do you think those fans are going to do - cancel their travel plans or try and get tickets in the home end?

Archived