MATCH: vs Salford City (A) 27/11/21

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Don't come over to acknowledge the fans they get abused, come over to acknowledge the fans they get abused, no wonder they don't know what to do...

They deserved every bit of abuse they got and more. Most of them don’t give one flying fuck. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, daniel said:

Just back from the game. 
Yet another drab, boring, powderpuff performance. 
Special mention to DKD, Fage and Baha today who were an absolute mess. Fans still chanting Bahamboula’s name, which I find bizarre. I’ve heaped praise on him in the past, but apart from a hundred step overs (which lead to nothing) he’s either been way off the paste for 2 months now or isn’t arsed anymore.

I’m all for protests and i’m not even too bothered about the flares on the pitch today because it’ll likely lead to a fine, hitting them hard etc, but there is a new element of our fan base which are a disgrace. Today i’ve heard multiple racist outbursts, homophobic outbursts and multiple instances of drug use. People don’t even hide it anymore. Watched a 16 year kid rolling a joint today and lit it up during the 2nd half, before sharing it with his mates. Majority of them are 14-20 year olds, i’m only in my early thirties myself, so i’m not being an old miserable bastard but we’re fucked if these lot are our future. 

I think it’s becoming more and more brazen, but those sort of things were going on at Oldham games for a number of years. There was a lot more drinking in plain sight in the stands today than there was normally but actually if the set-up behind the scenes is non-league then fans are going to adopt non-league behaviour. The law that prevents drinking in sight of the pitch is more than a bit antiquated and is rumoured to be reformed. 

Eventually there is going to be trouble amongst our fans (not with the opposition) if some of the behaviour you rightly highlighted continues. 

The stewarding was a joke though. I was asked to remove my bottle tops before going into the ground, I did so but put them straight in my pocket right in front of the steward who asked me to remove them, so once through the turnstiles they went back on my bottles. Never had the ability to do that before.

As I was heading to the bar before HT I heard stewards talking to each other about people drinking, but didn’t seem to want to do anything about it. No point identifying that sort of behaviour if you aren’t going to stop it (although it’s a stupid law anyway).

57 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You're wrong

Same way you were wrong about the Lemsagams but you came to the truth eventually. The Lemsagams are a far bigger problem than Blitz (who is still a knob btw I'm not defending him) you will come round to this eventually.

By that time we will have got the club back and we will put this sorry part of our history behind us and we will go back to being a football club again. It will happen at some point.

I admire your confidence. Am not so sure. We are a relic and I don’t see a future fan base to take us forward. 

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I admire your confidence. Am not so sure. We are a relic and I don’t see a future fan base to take us forward. 

The very worst case scenario is we end up like Bury where we start at the very bottom the aim now should be to try and avoid that at whatever way possible, but if that's the situation then we will just have to face it abd deal with it and toil around the North West counties for a couple of years.

Despite my horrific negativity towards the club I'm actually deep down very optimistic that we will get the club back at some point I just hope it's sooner and in as higher position in the football pyramid as possible.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

With all his experience of senior football you'd think he would have coached the players to know every single scenario that could potentially play out.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

With all his experience of senior football you'd think he would have coached the players to know every single scenario that could potentially play out.

1,500 fans who went today but aren't qualified coaches felt completely the opposite to him.

But what do we know?

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The very worst case scenario is we end up like Bury where we start at the very bottom the aim now should be to try and avoid that at whatever way possible, but if that's the situation then we will just have to face it abd deal with it and toil around the North West counties for a couple of years.

Despite my horrific negativity towards the club I'm actually deep down very optimistic that we will get the club back at some point I just hope it's sooner and in as higher position in the football pyramid as possible.

I agree, but it is going to be a very very long way back from here.

As yet, we haven't hit rock bottom, which won't be long. But the upsetting part of this unfolding disaster is that I am 73, so am unlikely to see good times return.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He's saying take the set play Salford goals away and we would have got a draw.

It's as though set plays are frowned upon by the coaching elite.

Like it or not - our players are in that catch 22 situation where they are scared of making  a mistake so choose the safe option of a square/backwards pass.

Watching that today- nobody wanted it enough. 

Normally we get a couple of new faces in to give the rest a boost or kick up the arse- but that won't be happening anytime soon so this lot just HAVE to find a way of getting their shit together. 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's saying take the set play Salford goals away and we would have got a draw.

It's as though set plays are frowned upon by the coaching elite.

He's interim head coach BP, he's hardly going to come out giving stick to all the players. He's probably just going to try to get a bit of confidence back into the team (just in time for Martin to take us back to the promised land). 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

1,500 fans who went today but aren't qualified coaches felt completely the opposite to him.

But what do we know?

I'd say screaming for 4-4-2 when you haven't got a right back, a left midfielder or any strikers would suggest a good portion of them wouldn't have much of a clue about the game...

5 minutes ago, rvlatic said:

Like it or not - our players are in that catch 22 situation where they are scared of making  a mistake so choose the safe option of a square/backwards pass.

Watching that today- nobody wanted it enough. 

Normally we get a couple of new faces in to give the rest a boost or kick up the arse- but that won't be happening anytime soon so this lot just HAVE to find a way of getting their shit together. 

After watching England's women team today I'm convinced they'd outmusle and beat us.

Run rings round us too skill wise.

Just now, doctor evil said:

He's interim head coach BP, he's hardly going to come out giving stick to all the players. He's probably just going to try to get a bit of confidence back into the team (just in time for Martin to take us back to the promised land). 

They wont listen, they want to be wrapped in cotton wool, it shows on the field. 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'd say screaming for 4-4-2 when you haven't got a right back, a left midfielder or any strikers would suggest a good portion of them wouldn't have much of a clue about the game...

The answer is we can play with a flat back 4 with Clarke at right back.

The other positions are virtually impossible to fill with the players we have.

25 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I agree, but it is going to be a very very long way back from here.

As yet, we haven't hit rock bottom, which won't be long. But the upsetting part of this unfolding disaster is that I am 73, so am unlikely to see good times return.

Well I hope you do see the good times again I'm 38 and I intend to live until atleast 105 so I will no doubt see plenty of good and bad in the next 67 years

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we ended up here 15 years ago I’d almost relish the opportunity to start again in the manner you suggest. But in that time there are many clubs have have come on leaps and bounds, leaner, more in touch with the community and with a town wanting to back its club. 

maybe I need to stop looking at this through a narrow lens.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

You're wrong

Same way you were wrong about the Lemsagams but you came to the truth eventually. The Lemsagams are a far bigger problem than Blitz (who is still a knob btw I'm not defending him) you will come round to this eventually.

By that time we will have got the club back and we will put this sorry part of our history behind us and we will go back to being a football club again. It will happen at some point.

If you take the morals out of it, they’re of equal concern. 

Both want circa 6 million. 

If the current trend continues and we go down, how many non league clubs get sold for 12 million? 

Archived