MATCH: vs Salford City (A) 27/11/21

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Our only hope he sells is if/when we go down, because conference sides still need a budget and he’ll lose the EFL money to help him prop the club up. 

Can we refrain one the word hope.

It’s some sick twist, we have one of our worst players card hope.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can’t go down I refuse to believe it’s an option.  If Matt or ptb have serious buyers lined up sort it NOW ! Before it’s too late, don’t wait for admin, don’t wait for the right time to buy. Buy now, whilst we are still a league club. Bite the bullet, negotiate NOW waiting till we slip into the abyss is not the better option!!! I won’t use the word hope, I prey u read this and think long and hard, don’t wait! Act NOW!!!!!

26 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We can’t go down I refuse to believe it’s an option.  If Matt or ptb have serious buyers lined up sort it NOW ! Before it’s too late, don’t wait for admin, don’t wait for the right time to buy. Buy now, whilst we are still a league club. Bite the bullet, negotiate NOW waiting till we slip into the abyss is not the better option!!! I won’t use the word hope, I prey u read this and think long and hard, don’t wait! Act NOW!!!!!

Not quite how it works. No buyer would be here before Jan or by the end of Jan. not possible. We are going down 

Following on from Benachour's comments on age, basically, the Shankly mantra of if you are good enough, you are old enough, if possible, i would have played Pidge and Hart from the first team and the rest from the acadamy; because the rest from the first team already have pigeon hearts.

Worst ever today.

The club's got no soul anymore.

The full-time huddle a laughable gesture to suggest we're all in this together.

DKD and Pidge the only ones that look like they give a fuck.

We are down. Even with a new owner we'd have to perform miracles.

How do we get out of this?

45 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Love your passion, but it ain’t happening mate. No one sane person is giving AL 5/6 million. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Love your passion, but it ain’t happening mate. No one sane person is giving AL 5/6 million. 

agree. Surely he must realise this. Relegation will only devalue club further and he’s going to lose his full investment. Still can’t understand why he’s against selling. Doesn’t make sense 

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

agree. Surely he must realise this. Relegation will only devalue club further and he’s going to lose his full investment. Still can’t understand why he’s against selling. Doesn’t make sense 

Yep, it’s utterly bizarre.

The only thing I can think of is AL has no intention of selling because Mo loves it. We’ll see if AL is still willing to fund his brothers plaything in non league. 

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

We absolutely need to stay up this season, relegation isn't an option 

Question.

Was yesterday’s poor performance an adverse reaction to the sacking of Curle/West/Sheehan or confirmation that the vast majority of the players have no heart for the fight?

It is harsh (and unfair) to judge Benachour’s interim management after  a single game but his post match comments suggested that he watched a different game to the rest of us.

He clearly failed to motivate a team that continues to spurn gilt edged chances to score with the inevitable defensive mistakes costing us dearly once again. That second half smacked of a team so severely lacking in confidence; a team simply going through the motions.

Selim now has a ‘who really cares’ cup tie against Sunderland to put his stamp on the team before a Tuesday home game against Tranmere.

As if anyone needs convincing anymore, our situation on the pitch is desperate.

The future holds nothing but more of the same I fear. 😮

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Question.

Was yesterday’s poor performance an adverse reaction to the sacking of Curle/West/Sheehan or confirmation that the vast majority of the players have no heart for the fight?

It is harsh (and unfair) to judge Benachour’s interim management after  a single game but his post match comments suggested that he watched a different game to the rest of us.

He clearly failed to motivate a team that continues to spurn gilt edged chances to score with the inevitable defensive mistakes costing us dearly once again. That second half smacked of a team so severely lacking in confidence; a team simply going through the motions.

Selim now has a ‘who really cares’ cup tie against Sunderland to put his stamp on the team before a Tuesday home game against Tranmere.

Some of the players are just plain faint hearted and lack desire, you don't want any of these in a relegation scrap, unfortunately we are stuck with them due to poor recruiting and may be for the rest of the season.

I was a fan of Bahamboula, but he doesn't look interested, and it's a sub role for him until he bucks his ideas up or is sold.

It's difficult to know where to start with the current performances. To me, there seems a fitness issue - most of the players don't look capable of lasting the 90, in fact some don't seem capable of 60. The next issue is personnel, squad building has been poor - not just the players but the balance of the team. Whelan and Bowden are similar - reasonable neat passers moving the ball on, but neither are ball winners or goal scorers. McGahey is looking poorer by the game and only Dearnley looks like a finisher. DKD if he doesn't score is not worth his place and Fage isn't a full back in a back 4 , never in a million years. Then there is the confidence aspect, a team with confidence backed by the fans can do better than it's paper form, but a fan base creating a hostile atmosphere every game doesn't help the team (even though I understand why). If I was a player under our current circumstances I'd go through the motions waiting to get out at the end of the season. Here's a thought, next home game the crowd should chant "Come on Oldham" continually for the whole 90 minutes and see what positive backing can do.

The players looked like they had met for the first time that morning.

Bargain basement players, trying to work under a new head coach, in a toxic atmosphere. It’s going to take two monumental balls-up from two other sides to keep us up.

I honestly think we’d be better just channeling the spirit of Tony Pulis/Sean Dyche and just try and be as ugly as possible whilst lumping as many balls into the box as possible. Sign a 6’5 gorilla from Oldham Sunday league and pay him in pint cans of Stella and Gold Star kebabs if need be.

23 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Bargain basement players, trying to work under a new head coach, in a toxic atmosphere. It’s going to take two monumental balls-up from two other sides to keep us up.

I honestly think we’d be better just channeling the spirit of Tony Pulis/Sean Dyche and just try and be as ugly as possible whilst lumping as many balls into the box as possible. Sign a 6’5 gorilla from Oldham Sunday league and pay him in pint cans of Stella and Gold Star kebabs if need be.

Would that be in line with the embargo terms? 

How about the players give the fans something to be positive about? Novel idea I know. In most games, fans have turned up willing and ready to back the team - even in the second half yesterday most songs were backing the team. The players should know the anti-regime songs are not about them. However fans cannot be expected to be positive when players are putting in performances as insipid as yesterday’s. 

I can get my head around a lack of quality given the position we’re in but I can’t get my head around a lack of effort nor a lack of passion. Too many going through the motions yesterday which is unacceptable. 

This notion that the fans are somehow to blame which is being pedalled by the club needs to stop. Give us something to back and we’ll back it.

45 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

I’d much rather watch this than the ridiculous playing out from the back that we persist with. Keeper to centre half, back to keeper, back to centre half, back to keeper, misplaced or heavy pass to full back, then immediately under pressure on the edge of our box. Get the ball forward!!!

To me yesterday the players didn't have a clue what they were doing. They looked confused. Passing to space that no latics player was anywhere near. Running in to each other, running away from each other. For me a new manager coming in a few days before a match should be keeping the same tactics etc however shit they may be so the players no what they should be doing. And he should be concentrating on fitness, fight, motivation etc. Then start your new ideas when you have a full week or two to prepare for a game. It looked yesterday that noone knew where they were supposed to be and didn't know where their teammates where supposed to be. Some went long some went short. Fage and Hart barely made it over the half way line. Mcgahey had his head in the clouds like he was thinkin of what to have for tea, kept letting his man go or letting the ball bounce. Everytime whelan got the ball, everyone ran away from him. Bahamboula doesmt seem to trust anyone with the ball. Yet again dearnley was left to fight off scraps on the half way line. Piergianni the only one to come out with any sort of praise. Still gave it his all and lost count on the amount of times he was dishing out a bollocking. Fage just confuses himself. He's got pace and I think with 1 to 1 training he could be decent at this level. His biggest problem is he seems to have an IQ of a 1 Yr old. Dkd tries but had limited quality unless he's in and around the box. And leitwieler... dont even know where to start. How a ball can be in ur 6 yard area so many times without your keeper catching it, I really dont know. Made a couple good saves but in this division it's balls from the flanks that the keeper needs to deal with. Dont see the point on the fans wasting time during the game. The time for that was last week at pack the park. At home. In front of oldham people. Oldham staff etc. Not at a 5000 seater shed in prestwich where noone wud give two looks. I think someone needs to create a group of people that are just fans. I don't know too much about ptb and the trust but it seems very 25% for and against both groups. So protests etc look disjointed and not fully supported. All in all one of the most depressing games I've been to in my 26/7 years of watching oldham.

I do support any protest etc but as many Salford fans have pointed out, oldham fans kick off because they were losing. Noone seems to know when to do what. So its all over the place. Next time a protest is organised, maybe pack the park at home and if we score or if we are winning, then start the flares, tennis balls, chickens, cats n dogs, anythin to disrupt anythin to say yes we might be 2 nil up and looking at a 3 point gap to bottom 2, but we are still going to cause havoc. If you get what I mean

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Question.

Its not about motivating the players

A sell out Away following

No travel fatigue 

You would think players would want to avoid relegation at all cost 

And we witnessed today again that thats the best theyve got 

Its as simple as even when they give their best, we just arent any good 

Archived