MATCH: vs Hartlepool United (A) 01/01/22 🍾🥂

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Matt Green is 35 today, is that not too old according to the Peter Clarke example?

I think 35 is just fine. Played many games at this level and that sort of experience is just what we need. I have seen promising clips of him, always looks willing to shoot and constantly playing off the defenders.

3 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

I think 35 is just fine. Played many games at this level and that sort of experience is just what we need. I have seen promising clips of him, always looks willing to shoot and constantly playing off the defenders.

Fine by me too, I was thinking more about how duplicitous by Mo

18 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Is this a good thing or bad thing for us?

Let's see. Our principal rival for bottom of the football league signs a promising youngster from a higher division. We may or may not be signing a 35 year old last season banging in 8 in 66 for Grimsby. Nope, can't make my mind up... 

41 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Let's see. Our principal rival for bottom of the football league signs a promising youngster from a higher division. We may or may not be signing a 35 year old last season banging in 8 in 66 for Grimsby. Nope, can't make my mind up... 

We’ve had a couple of ‘promising’ youngsters from Tottenham & QPR who didn’t exactly set the world alight, anyway, we haven’t got time to blood anymore.

Beggars can’t be choosers and we ain’t going to get a proven goal scorer for nowt but he knows what this league is about and has plenty of experience.

If he can play the No.9 role properly, unlike Hope, it might just give us a bit more ‘in the final fird’ 😆

51 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve had a couple of ‘promising’ youngsters from Tottenham & QPR who didn’t exactly set the world alight, anyway, we haven’t got time to blood anymore.

Beggars can’t be choosers and we ain’t going to get a proven goal scorer for nowt but he knows what this league is about and has plenty of experience.

If he can play the No.9 role properly, unlike Hope, it might just give us a bit more ‘in the final fird’ 😆

A bit more is possible. But there is no point in our history apart from now where anyone could look as this as a signing that might improve us. 

As has been said desperate  times and beggars  cant be choosers.1 in 4 strike rate  not to be sniffed at even if a while ago and was prolific at the Stags.

Anyone has to be better than Hope up front.

10 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve had a couple of ‘promising’ youngsters from Tottenham & QPR who didn’t exactly set the world alight, anyway, we haven’t got time to blood any more.

Bowden, like McAlmont did, has taken some time to get used to League 2 football. Granted he is a different type of player as Alfie was more inclined to have a shot but his goal against Exeter showed that he can strike a ball.

Bowden has 5 assists and that single goal. 

Under the embargo we can only sign loanees for six months at a time - will he leave in the near future or his loan be extended?

15 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Under the embargo we can only sign loanees for six months at a time - will he leave in the near future or his loan be extended?

According to the Rarely Wrong official site, Bowden is apparently on loan for the season...although this was the same site that announced we signed Leutwiler and McGahey on two year deals, so it's anyone's guess really.

• Matt unfeatured this topic
On 1/3/2022 at 1:18 AM, Flemboy said:

As has been said desperate  times and beggars  cant be choosers.1 in 4 strike rate  not to be sniffed at even if a while ago and was prolific at the Stags.

Anyone has to be better than Hope up front.

In his last 83 games he has scored 13 goals. That continues to remain relegation fodder. We need experience not a has been. 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

In his last 83 games he has scored 13 goals. That continues to remain relegation fodder. We need experience not a has been. 

If he can play as a proper No.9 spending his time in and around the box creating chances it’s not essential he scores the goals.

Archived