21/22 salaries

Thoughts on the team salaries listed on Facebook fans of Oldham athletic page? They look real to me.

Our money for the season gone on Bowden, Adams, baha, fage, pidge and bettache. Out of that only pidge delivered so no wonder we are bottom. Rest have contributed literally nowt. Special mention to Sheehan’s wage also. Rest getting what they are worth apart from couto and Vaughan who we underpaying. 

11 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

For what it's worth:

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-two/oldham-athletic

However, the EFL Transfer Embargo imposes a £800 wage cap on League 2 clubs!

Will Jack Williams be kept on? Don't think he's played a game this season and very few last?

A shame if his injury is still persisting as he looked an exciting prospect.

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

Thoughts on the team salaries listed on Facebook fans of Oldham athletic page? They look real to me.

Our money for the season gone on Bowden, Adams, baha, fage, pidge and bettache. Out of that only pidge delivered so no wonder we are bottom. Rest have contributed literally nowt. Special mention to Sheehan’s wage also. Rest getting what they are worth apart from couto and Vaughan who we underpaying. 

Just not sure how that information is in the public domain - I don’t believe it’s accurate 🤔

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Just not sure how that information is in the public domain - I don’t believe it’s accurate 🤔

They aren't their is no way a site like that would have access to everyone's payroll and be able to publish it on the Internet for GDPR purposes however its probably not too far from the truth so I'd call it an educated guess.

Bear that in mind when we start judging players based of this information.

Based on those figures, however reliable they may or may not be, it provides an insight as to why we are in the position we are when rumoured to be looking at a 35 year old journeyman as a striker. The club has built a squad on a shoestring budget, I fear a fire sale in January and the gruesome twosome will then likely be off at the end of the season, should the club get relegated.

The club and badge will be worth a fraction of the price they paid if relegation becomes a reality, the best we can hope for is that the ground is preserved as a community asset as rumoured a few weeks ago. The council have put money into the club over the years and will not want to see that squandered, however, will they have the stomach or the resources to fight Blitz, as he may look to monetise his asset should the club fold, something very likely once we are relegated and possibly placed into administration.

Looking at the quoted wage bill in those figures, it is difficult to see how the club manages to break even, with the revenue from dwindling attendance figures, along with the additional admin, wages and running costs of the club.

7 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Based on those figures, however reliable they may or may not be, it provides an insight as to why we are in the position we are when rumoured to be looking at a 35 year old journeyman as a striker. The club has built a squad on a shoestring budget, I fear a fire sale in January and the gruesome twosome will then likely be off at the end of the season, should the club get relegated.

The club and badge will be worth a fraction of the price they paid if relegation becomes a reality, the best we can hope for is that the ground is preserved as a community asset as rumoured a few weeks ago. The council have put money into the club over the years and will not want to see that squandered, however, will they have the stomach or the resources to fight Blitz, as he may look to monetise his asset should the club fold, something very likely once we are relegated and possibly placed into administration.

Looking at the quoted wage bill in those figures, it is difficult to see how the club manages to break even, with the revenue from dwindling attendance figures, along with the additional admin, wages and running costs of the club.

the same councill that watched the rugby club dying on its feet dont hold your breath 

1 minute ago, peanuts2 said:

the same councill that watched the rugby club dying on its feet dont hold your breath

The council want a league football team, it helps raise the towns profile so I am very reliably informed, loosing the Rugby was bad enough, that was down to bad ownership and some dubious dealings, again based on reliable information from more than one source.

3 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

The council want a league football team, it helps raise the towns profile so I am very reliably informed, loosing the Rugby was bad enough, that was down to bad ownership and some dubious dealings, again based on reliable information from more than one source.

'loosing the Rugby was bad enough, that was down to bad ownership and some dubious dealings'

Sound familiar?

27 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

How much do gate receipts add up to in a season?

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I’d say av ticket price is about £12.5 taking into account season tickets oaps and kids. Av attendance is 3500. So 12.5 x 3500 x 19 = £831k. LG 2 get about 470k tv money I think. So not too much more needed to run on that sort of wage bill. Prob means ALMO not put much in at all this year 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

I’d say av ticket price is about £12.5 taking into account season tickets oaps and kids. Av attendance is 3500. So 12.5 x 3500 x 19 = £831k. LG 2 get about 470k tv money I think. So not too much more needed to run on that sort of wage bill. Prob means ALMO not put much in at all this year 

Sorry it’s 23 home games so just over £1 mill 

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A Q&A a couple of years ago the question was asked about what Home attendances we need to average for the club to break even 

I think the FD at the time answered

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Based on an average attendance of 3700 x £20 x 30 games, pizza cup brings in small gates my quick fag packet gross estimate is around 2.2 mill and that is being generous, concessions, OAP and Junior admissions not forgetting Season Ticket discounts.

What is your estimate for gate revenue, I don't have access to any accounts, so my figures are based on assumptions.

Even with gate revenues over 2 mill, there are still match day costs, security, catering, ground staff, utilities etc.

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

A Q&A a couple of years ago the question was asked about what Home attendances we need to average for the club to break even 

I think the FD at the time answered

So if the playing budget has been halved since then about 3000 now?

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

So if the playing budget has been halved since then about 3000 now?

Naaaarrrgh 

Whilst the players bill looks to have been reduced am struggling to think of any other outgoings that have been materially reduced to compensate for the revenue loss in sponsors, league2 status EFL payments (tv etc) 

All other associated costs in running a football club will have increased 

10 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Naaaarrrgh 

Whilst the players bill looks to have been reduced am struggling to think of any other outgoings that have been materially reduced to compensate for the revenue loss in sponsors, league2 status EFL payments (tv etc) 

All other associated costs in running a football club will have increased 

The playing budget is by far the biggest cost in running a football club and ours has been cut massively.

Archived