Dearnley gone

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Looking at the last 2 years he is barely a goal a season man but hopefully he will hold it up for others and or have a purple patch like he did the last time he was with Sheridan 

Agreed, at least he looks like a striker who won't be bullied, good luck to the lad. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Can’t believe who ever it is refused to leave selfish fucker. Could be the difference between going down. Whilst they sit at home and pick up a pay cheque 🤮😡

Would you quit your job with nothing else lined up? Insane to blame this on any player. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Would you quit your job with nothing else lined up? Insane to blame this on any player. 

Lots would take the opportunity to take their money and leave early (IF that was the deal i.e. pay up your contract) - not much different to taking a VR package and then going and getting another job tbh. So I understand the comment by latics22.

9 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Lots would take the opportunity to take their money and leave early (IF that was the deal i.e. pay up your contract) - not much different to taking a VR package and then going and getting another job tbh. So I understand the comment by latics22.

Five months pay coming in one lump towards the end of the tax year could have been an issue for some.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:01 PM, latics22 said:

Can’t believe who ever it is refused to leave selfish fucker. Could be the difference between going down. Whilst they sit at home and pick up a pay cheque 🤮😡

If the club played in an under 21 or reserves league up to 3 would get game time.

A NW Central league is still going if only the club entered a team into it.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:01 PM, latics22 said:

The reality is half of them must feel like they won some kind of raffle signing for us they are hardly going to walk away when they know the next step is unlikely to be one as a professional footballer.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

The reality is half of them must feel like they won some kind of raffle signing for us they are hardly going to walk away when they know the next step is unlikely to be one as a professional footballer.

I do understand that and I’m prob being selfish. But they get paid, they are leaving in the summer anyway and they would give us more of a chance of staying up if they left. You would like to think they care about the club, but prob not. 

22 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I do understand that and I’m prob being selfish. But they get paid, they are leaving in the summer anyway and they would give us more of a chance of staying up if they left. You would like to think they care about the club, but prob not. 

At the end of the day it is just a job to them - even more so in these days of revolving doors.  If my company was going under and they offered me a termination on reduced terms (no way did they offer full pay or that would be madness on both sides) or I could stay on full pay till it went pop - too right I'd stay 

56 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Why?

Archived