Dearnley gone

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a shame because there was a quality player in there when fully fit. I felt at the time we had Dearnley, Rowe and McAleny that we had a front three worthy of a promotion winning side, if we could have sorted out the defence and Dearnley potential wise could have been the best out of the three. 

Pity about Dearnley. I think he was a really effective player when fit and at his best, but this has been a poor season for him.

He could be going to Halifax. Best of luck to him.

Jameson, Stobbs, Cissy, Diarra and Hopcutt are a total waste of time and should also be shipped out asap. I wouldn't shed a tear if DKD, Fage, Rogers and Hope also departed. Ten, plus Sheehan and the two loan players who've left. So, basically an entire team and a couple of subs should leave if they haven't already gone. That would leave some space... 

Rogers

Fage, Diarra, Jameson, Sheehan

Cissy, DKD, 

Stobbs, Hopcut, Hope, Dearnley

What a team. Plus the two we had on loan on the bench.

This lot will live long in the memory, resurfacing in regular nightmares.

27 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Pity about Dearnley. I think he was a really effective player when fit and at his best, but this has been a poor season for him.

He could be going to Halifax. Best of luck to him.

Jameson, Stobbs, Cissy, Diarra and Hopcutt are a total waste of time and should also be shipped out asap. I wouldn't shed a tear if DKD, Fage, Rogers and Hope also departed. Ten, plus Sheehan and the two loan players who've left. So, basically an entire team and a couple of subs should leave if they haven't already gone. That would leave some space... 

Rogers

Fage, Diarra, Jameson, Sheehan

Cissy, DKD, 

Stobbs, Hopcut, Hope, Dearnley

What a team. Plus the two we had on loan on the bench.

This lot will live long in the memory, resurfacing in regular nightmares.

I think DKD and especially Dearnley if fit would be decent within a better group, the rest are absolute garbage. 
Mo wants sectioning if he thought that lot could actually play football!!

I think when fit, Dearnley was as good a striker as we have had recently. Most shots were on target which is more than you can say of the remaining forwards. Just a pity he’s been made of glass over the last 12 months. Tough decision but we need players on the pitch not the treatment bench.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Suprisingly good to see none of that pile of shite, waste of a wage good riddance rubbish.

Hear hear Monty.

Such a shame. I saw him score on his debut in Feb 2019 at Crawley when we won 3-0, and thought we'd got a good 'un. Including that loan spell I think he was our longest serving player in the current squad maybe?

11 league goals in 24 starts plus 19 as sub isn't the worst record given our midfield over the last four seasons. Good luck to the lad, hope he gets back to full fitness and stays that way.

Real victim of the embargo situation.

If we didn't have a limit on the squad size, we could have rested him properly, and kept hold of him till the start of next season to give him a second chance.

As it is, it was the only sensible decision to give us the smallest chance of getting a striker in and staying up.

Best of luck to biscuit legs in the future, hope he gets over it and realise his potential.

Archived