Dearnley gone

15 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

The one thing Dearnley had whist here was plenty of rest.

Part of the problem with his injury was repeatedly bringing him back too early. 

That was definitely the case before the embargo last season, but even this season I got the feeling he was playing well before he was ready due to the lack of any other option.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curle kept implying Dearnley's problem was in his head regarding getting injured again, Perhaps Wild can help him with that. If so it could be a swap for Walters who isn't proven in the EFL and Haifax come out the winners.

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Pity about Dearnley. I think he was a really effective player when fit and at his best, but this has been a poor season for him.

He could be going to Halifax. Best of luck to him.

Jameson, Stobbs, Cissy, Diarra and Hopcutt are a total waste of time and should also be shipped out asap. I wouldn't shed a tear if DKD, Fage, Rogers and Hope also departed. Ten, plus Sheehan and the two loan players who've left. So, basically an entire team and a couple of subs should leave if they haven't already gone. That would leave some space... 

Rogers

Fage, Diarra, Jameson, Sheehan

Cissy, DKD, 

Stobbs, Hopcut, Hope, Dearnley

What a team. Plus the two we had on loan on the bench.

This lot will live long in the memory, resurfacing in regular nightmares.

There's a limit you can get for £800 pw. Even if the embargo was to be lifted AL probably wouldn't be paying any more.

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He couldn’t wait to go could he?

Not been pulling up plants there though has he, he's been sat on their bench most of the season. And wasn't it more about wages than anything else? Like I said I doubt it would happen but I'd be happy if he did come back. 

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Real victim of the embargo situation.

If we didn't have a limit on the squad size, we could have rested him properly, and kept hold of him till the start of next season to give him a second chance.

As it is, it was the only sensible decision to give us the smallest chance of getting a striker in and staying up.

Best of luck to biscuit legs in the future, hope he gets over it and realise his potential.

Giving his legs more chance to be like Hobnobs than Rich Tea when dipped into the tea

On 1/27/2022 at 6:47 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

He couldn’t wait to go could he?

Funny init.

Its like the 'l think we shud get Pete Wild back' brigade??? They must pay zero attention to real life and just say the first thing that pops into their heads.

Dale Stephens would be perfect to sort this midfield. Thats more likely than McAleny or Wild coming back.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:39 PM, Monty Burns said:

Funny init.

Its like the 'l think we shud get Pete Wild back' brigade??? They must pay zero attention to real life and just say the first thing that pops into their heads.

Dale Stephens would be perfect to sort this midfield. Thats more likely than McAleny or Wild coming back.

That's a dam fine idea and as he would be coming back we could call him Stephen Dale.

Sorry.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:39 PM, Monty Burns said:

Funny init.

Played for Burnley less than three weeks ago

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Watch him suddenly have titanium hamstrings and score 15 goals between now and end of the season 

I hope he does, it would possibly mean Halifax swooping places with us, unless our new striker becomes a goal a game man. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

I hope he does, it would possibly mean Halifax swooping places with us, unless our new striker becomes a goal a game man. 

Looking at the last 2 years he is barely a goal a season man but hopefully he will hold it up for others and or have a purple patch like he did the last time he was with Sheridan 

Archived