• Bender featured this topic
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Great news if correct….

Mike Minay….

Injury news:

Michael Fondop, Hallam Hope, Jack Stobbs, Topi Obedayi and Rafa Diarra all available for Oldham this weekend, according to Shez. #OAFC

Bearing that in mind the lineup could be interesting and difficult to predict. We know shez likes to keep squads with as little changes as possible after a win, but he was willing to start stobbs against scunny. Hope has played under shez before so I’m sure he will be looking to get the best out of him. Tope played very well so will he replace either of the inform wingers that played on Tuesday. I think a definite change is MF-T for Luamba but I think the rest is unpredictable (apart from the defence which I expect will be unchanged).

Newport share their pitch with a couple of local Rugby Union sides and as such I would imagine it’s no smooth carpet to play on.

DKD alluded to this in his interview so it  must have featured in the prematch discussions.

We have already switched to a more direct approach since Sheridan arrived which may be better suited to the conditions underfoot.

All of the starting eleven on Tuesday put in good performances so, assuming no injuries, maybe Fondop in for Luamba as the only change?

10 hours ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Bearing that in mind the lineup could be interesting and difficult to predict. We know shez likes to keep squads with as little changes as possible after a win, but he was willing to start stobbs against scunny. Hope has played under shez before so I’m sure he will be looking to get the best out of him. Tope played very well so will he replace either of the inform wingers that played on Tuesday. I think a definite change is MF-T for Luamba but I think the rest is unpredictable (apart from the defence which I expect will be unchanged).

Was thinking the same and we have gone from no strikers to sort of having 3. Don’t think shez was in the best frame of mind at Swindon, so prob didn’t get much out of hope. 

6 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

It will have been well - Handeled….

I wonder if anyone else is aware of the late 19th century Oldham tradition of naming sons after classical composers. My dad was called Handel as was his dad before him. Glad his parents didn't like Rimsky-Korsakov! 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I wonder if anyone else is aware of the late 19th century Oldham tradition of naming sons after classical composers. My dad was called Handel as was his dad before him. Glad his parents didn't like Rimsky-Korsakov! 

Brahms and his brother Liszt

21 minutes ago, Mercater said:

I'm suffering strange conflicted emotions today. Optimistic, but with a sense of foreboding lies underneath.

I'd be happy with a draw

Can’t win them all, the worry is we lose and teams around us win. Then we’re back chasing again. A win would be amazing, when was the last time we won 3 on the bounce ?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It was indeed a surprisingly common name . At Chapel in Shaw there was a Handel Garside. 
Any reason it didn’t pass to you? 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Can’t win them all, the worry is we lose and teams around us win. Then we’re back chasing again. A win would be amazing, when was the last time we won 3 on the bounce ?

April 2013 under Johnson I think Bury, Yeovil and Crawly 

Edit 
Actually no, Sheridan managed it in March 16 - Chesterfield Swindon and Walsall they're our only two though in 9 years 

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Surprising really, however, with Fondop, Obadeyi, & Vaughan on the bench there’s plenty of options if things aren’t going to plan.

yep agree. Actually have some options up front if we need it which is refreshing to see. I’m not sure about baha in away games. He needs to work harder

Archived