MATCH: vs Newport County (A) 12/02/22

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if he will stay or go, he has another income stream. I'm convinced that things are moving in the backroom and things are being done to facilitate new owners. Whoever takes over the youth will be a telling appointment I think.

6 hours ago, Andyt84 said:

He had one when he retired as a player. 

No reason why he can't have one for retiring as a manager.

6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The new owners will persuade him to stay on.

No guarantee we are getting new owners or if they do they will probably want to bring in their own man.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No guarantee we are getting new owners or if they do they will probably want to bring in their own man.

To be fair, if he keeps us in the EFL it will surpass any managerial achievement he has had with us previously, he will deserve a retirement in the sun. 

55 minutes ago, disjointed said:

To be fair, if he keeps us in the EFL it will surpass any managerial achievement he has had with us previously, he will deserve a retirement in the sun. 

He can have 6 months in the sun then come back and rescue us again…

21 hours ago, Andyt84 said:

Having seen the red card I think he was unfortunate to get a straight red as the guy made a meal of it although he still would have been off as was a yellow.  I've seen a few on the highlights show that were similar and I think referees are getting a bit excited by these 50 50s and sending off the player that gets there first. 

There number 31 should have been sent off for punching Bahamboula when he was on the floor behind everyones back.

14 hours ago, penrhyn said:

There number 31 should have been sent off for punching Bahamboula when he was on the floor behind everyones back.

Another example of piss-poor officiating. Video replays should be all the evidence they need to punish the player involved with a straight red in retrospect. Won't happen, though.

15 hours ago, penrhyn said:

46 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Another example of piss-poor officiating. Video replays should be all the evidence they need to punish the player involved with a straight red in retrospect. Won't happen, though.

Nice to see both centre halves quickly on the scene with the culprit "bouncing" off McGahey when confronted.

Shows a bit of togetherness which will be much needed in the coming months.

It was a booking and if like another poster said, he had already been booked, he would have gone anyway. I also noticed when the teams were initially coming out to start the game Adams appeared to be having a lengthy discussion with Telford (I think), do they have history?

3 minutes ago, brimmers said:

It was a booking and if like another poster said, he had already been booked, he would have gone anyway. I also noticed when the teams were initially coming out to start the game Adams appeared to be having a lengthy discussion with Telford (I think), do they have history?

But if a second yellow it's a one game ban. Three for a straight red

21 minutes ago, brimmers said:

Roy said they were at Bury together.

32 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Roy said they were at Bury together.

Bury signed him from Stoke and Lowe signed him at Plymouth before moving to Newport on a free I'm guessing?

Just shows the type of players you can pick up if you know where to look.

22 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Or woman these days.

14 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Bury signed him from Stoke and Lowe signed him at Plymouth before moving to Newport on a free I'm guessing?

Just shows the type of players you can pick up if you know where to look.

We were too busy trying to sign someone who wasn't pulling up plants.

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived