MATCH: vs Newport County (A) 12/02/22

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we all would have taken a point before the game, playing away to a team in the playoff zone. I feared the worst when Baha was sent off with a straight red and hoped they had achieved a miracle when Fondop-Talom scored again. He is definitely not suffering from concussion!

Still in the mix and in with a good chance of avoiding the drop if this drive and commitment Sheridan has instilled continues. I can't see any reason why it shouldn't. Whatever he has said and whatever he has done, it is a credit to the man.

I think like everyone who has watched last 2 games we look pretty decent. Rogers has done well although was a bit off his line for last goal for me but has played well. Defence is good, hart was brilliant today. Midfield with missilou and Adams out wide is also just about ok. Up front we have a bit now we have a target man and dkd scores enough to justify his place. Hope may also improve now he can play off someone. Also got Vaughan, couto, obadeyi, Fondop/Luamba in reserve so options off bench. 17 games is a decent amount, we can def win 6-7 and get to 50 

5 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I think like everyone who has watched last 2 games we look pretty decent. Rogers has done well although was a bit off his line for last goal for me but has played well. Defence is good, hart was brilliant today. Midfield with missilou and Adams out wide is also just about ok. Up front we have a bit now we have a target man and dkd scores enough to justify his place. Hope may also improve now he can play off someone. Also got Vaughan, couto, obadeyi, Fondop/Luamba in reserve so options off bench. 17 games is a decent amount, we can def win 6-7 and get to 50 

By hopefully winning the matches against Carlisle, Colchester, Stevenage and Walsall, Latics will gain points and take away from those teams also in the mix. Fingers crossed, then.

A great point despite conceding late on.

4 points from the remaining 2 games this month (although both are winnable) and I'll be very optimistic about this group surviving relegation.

Either way, today shows that we have nothing to fear from any of our remaining opponents in this league.  The only exception might be Forest Green and we've already scored 5 against them this season!

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Maybe not - I forgot about Richies purple patch in 2017 where we won 3 I think before drawing to Bradford 

And Pete Wild. Grimsby, Tranmere and away at Col U. Part of the run which saw us push for the playoffs, before losing at Exeter.

Not convinced about that red. He’s first to the ball by quite a bit then after making contact with the ball the Newport guy looks to run into his foot more than anything. Granted it’s from one angle a fair distance away so it could be misleading. 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Not convinced about that red. He’s first to the ball by quite a bit then after making contact with the ball the Newport guy looks to run into his foot more than anything. Granted it’s from one angle a fair distance away so it could be misleading. 

He’d already been booked, so in the grand scheme of things didn’t matter for that game, as it was a definite booking. Ref couldn’t wait to send him off though!

Just back. What a difference a month makes. 
decent following with some decent noise at times. Absolute scenes when we scored both goals in 2nd half.

very disappointed with Bahamboula today, felt we may have held on and even had chances to score again on the break if we had 11 v 11, also think Shez missed a trick in not subbing him to be fair.

Thought Hart and Adams had good games on the left, and overall we looked dangerous going forward.

Looked a bit ropey at the back at times, but Newport are the best side we’ve played under Shez by a mile, and so to be expected I guess.

All in all a solid away performance, and a battling point. Shez has certainly got them fighting for the shirt, which is all I want to see. 
Big game next week, and hopefully a 10k crowd. 

Well, we’re not doomed any more. A Oldham legend who loves the club as much as we love him has given us genuine hope. With a group of players ‘we’ pretty much thought hopeless. 
We have suffered owners who don’t give a toss about the town, the fans or the club. They thought they were something they’re not. Business men extraordinaire, with us the Guinea Pigs. 

Aways to go yet but I, for one,  have had a heavy weight lifted from my shoulders.

I hope all this is also for the the benefit of prospective new owners. 🤞

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

WHAT A FUCKING DIFFERENCE WITH SOMEONE IN CHARGE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES IN THIS DIVISION TO GET RESULTS!

Indeed.Whether we stay up or not under Shez it wont ne through  lack of effort. 

We should never have allowed this situation  to arise in the first place 

Archived