MATCH: vs Exeter City (H) 19/03/22

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Still in our hands, we go again Tuesday, keep the faith.

Maybe time to shake up the central midfield with a strong runner like Sam Hart and Cueto slotting in at left back.  A goal down today and we had 3 lightweight defensive midfielders on.

Up front we are stuck though with what we've got, and that's depressing.

Well that was shit result.

Anyone above Barrow appear to be out of the mire but it is still possible to avoid the drop, with a fucking miracle** obviously. Injuries, suspensions, appalling penalties and some questionable decisions from referees and Sheridan have more or less sunk the ship.

I don't get it, the sudden collapse. Is that imbecile rocking the boat again from within or is it down to a lack of talent and Sheridan unable to get any more out of them? Three more home games on the trot, the crowd is dwindling again and very tough run-in. If Sheridan is working for free, you wouldn't blame him for just walking away but I don't see that happening.

**Stevenage docked points for sham Covid claims. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Well that was shit result.

Anyone above Barrow appear to be out of the mire but it is still possible to avoid the drop, with a fucking miracle** obviously. Injuries, suspensions, appalling penalties and some questionable decisions from referees and Sheridan have more or less sunk the ship.

I don't get it, the sudden collapse. Is that imbecile rocking the boat again from within or is it down to a lack of talent and Sheridan unable to get any more out of them? Three more home games on the trot, the crowd is dwindling again and very tough run-in. If Sheridan is working for free, you wouldn't blame him for just walking away but I don't see that happening.

**Stevenage docked points for sham Covid claims. 

We won when we had an attacking threat

Now we don't, and we're losing

Our only attacking plan is hoping Keillor-Dunn smacks it in from 20m away

You can't play 95% of the season without a striker on the pitch and expect anything else

• Like 5

Some really bad performances today. 

Adams was poor again, his “amazing crosses” are a myth. Hope ran around and did nothing. Fage terrible… Whelan…!?  

Missile made an obvious impact.

We missed Pidge and McGahey massively.

Stobbs… again…? Sheridan’s sub decisions have been crazy last few games.  Baha and Vaughan sat on the bench watching Stobbs run on must be thinking wtf!? 

Ref was an utter bellend. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I know and don't laugh but their will be people who think that it comes down to tactics even if we go through another 15 managers.

We all know the reason for the continual decline, but no one mentioned tactics when we went 7 unbeaten. You can’t have it both ways. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We all know the reason for the continual decline, but no one mentioned tactics when we went 7 unbeaten. You can’t have it both ways. 

You can. Why would anyone question tactics when we're winning? 

I don't think Shez can do masses more, but I am mystified by the Vaughan/Cuoto omission (and the Dylan Fage/Stobbs inclusion. Stick someone - anyone - with two feet in instead).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

You can. Why would anyone question tactics when we're winning? 

I don't think Shez can do masses more, but I am mystified by the Vaughan/Cuoto omission (and the Dylan Fage/Stobbs inclusion. Stick someone - anyone - with two feet in instead).

Er. . exactly. 

Shez rightly takes the accolades when we go 7 unbeaten. 

But when we lose it’s all ALMO fault. 

The truth is somewhere in between. 

The overall decline and squad strength is all ALMO, but it shouldn’t absolve managers from debate- as you rightly pointy out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Er. . exactly. 

Shez rightly takes the accolades when we go 7 unbeaten. 

But when we lose it’s all ALMO fault. 

The truth is somewhere in between. 

The overall decline and squad strength is all ALMO, but it shouldn’t absolve managers from debate- as you rightly pointy out. 

The guy came in when we were bottom and adrift without a hope in hell

If you think Vaghan who gets bullied off the ball by 

everyone because he's 4 foot 3

Or Couto who can't defend his nan is the answer to where we are thank Chris you aren't the manager 

Both look good neither will get us out of this 

Edited by Chaddyexile84
  • Like 3

Can't blame Shez much for today. I would have gone for broke and brought Bam and HV at somepoint but apart from that we didn't do too badly..

First 45 there wasn't a huge amount in it. They had some nice crosses into the box but that was about it. 

2nd half we switch off at the back and they score. We battle but we don't have any kind of front line. Hope is terrible with a ball in the air and not involved much otherwise. Missle comes on and makes us look instantly better and eventually we grind out a pen.. We have to score. We can't bring onS hez or Liddell or anyone with a decent record from the spot. One of the 11 has to bury it.. We miss it..  This team has been given a fighting chance to stay in the league by the manager but  have made a mess of big opportunities.. 

Can't see us staying up.. Fage was awful. Tope wasn't great. Hunt had one of his better games for us but the bar is very low. Midfield overall too lightweight. Make shift defence acctually competed well.. Overall Too many of our squad wouldn't catch everyweek in non league. Not sure why Stobbs keeps appearing but all managers have their oddities.. 

The owners and the dire recruitment have killed us. There's still a glimmer but we have to make big moments in matches count and we don't do it enough. 

Exeter were decent, moved it well but they wereabsolute s**** houses as well. Their assistants didn't stop moaning at the 4 official and as soon as we started trying to get at them they put some awful tackles in. 

Edited by bluehobbit
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Or Couto who can't defend his nan is the answer to where we are thank Chris you aren't the manager

So we stick with the same line-up and expect different results? 

25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The guy came in when we were bottom and adrift without a hope in hell

Both look good neither will get us out of this 

I didn’t say anything about Vaughan or Couto specifically. Nor did I claim to have one eye on his job. Strange comments. 

I said- that if a manager rightly takes the credit for an unbeaten run. He isn’t immune from criticism when results are poor.

To absolve Shez of any debate, means the wins had nothing to do with him either- which is of course, complete nonsense. 

• Like 2

Another very fair post match interview from Shez.

Clearly frustrated, yet conveys a feeling that the 'silly things' can be put right and we are not down just yet.

First half suggested we could take a point today, againt a decent team, second in the league.

Same fundamental problems, no striker, no depth in the squad.

While we clearly miss Pidge, great credit to Will Sutton, has conducted himself very well. Similar gratitude to Sam Hart, great attitude, brave enough to take the pen, shouldn't be left with the responsibility.

Need to win two of the next three, then beat Stevenage, maybe the simplicity of the task will help focus everyone.

Surprised and disappointed by the turnout today, not judging those who chose to stay away, just wish you felt able to come, it does make a difference.

With so little to work with or change, perhaps our salvation relies on Junior coming back in time for Orient.

55 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I didn’t say anything about Vaughan or Couto specifically. Nor did I claim to have one eye on his job. Strange comments. 

I said- that if a manager rightly takes the credit for an unbeaten run. He isn’t immune from criticism when results are poor.

To absolve Shez of any debate, means the wins had nothing to do with him either- which is of course, complete nonsense. 

Why doesn't the best striker of a ball Adams take penalties?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Similar gratitude to Sam Hart, great attitude, brave enough to take the pen, shouldn't be left with the responsibility.

He took the responsibility and he missed the penalty. And unfortunately it cost us dearly 🙁

Edited by TheBigDog

19 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Shez galvanised the team, that team is now in pieces. We are having no luck, none of this is shez fault.

No one (credible) is blaming Shez.

But things are the most desperate they've been for the club. We need to give ourselves the best opportunity. 

Questioning why Vaughan and Cuoto aren't playing, while a few players who've consistently been below par are is a question worth asking, especially as not playing those two seemed to be a move imposed on the manager by our owners, before Shez was here...

How Shez can pick Fage and Stobbs over other players is a complete mystery. It’s clear to us simple folk they are pure and utter dross and shouldn’t be anywhere near the team regardless of numbers. We have plenty of youth team players who will run through walls compared to this current lot. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He took the responsibility and he missed the penalty. And unfortunately it cost us dearly 🙁

Fair comment @TheBigDog

Hallam should have put his hand up, or Nicky or Davis ... Sam will feel terrible over missing it no doubt.

Amidst a terrible season, which seems increasingly likely to end in oblivion, Sam Hart has not been the problem.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Amidst a terrible season, which seems increasingly likely to end in oblivion, Sam Hart has not been the problem.

Not suggesting for one second that he is - but it was a terrible penalty.

DKD missed the previous one so probably didn’t want it.

That’s four defeats on the bounce but we’re still not down yet…

Strange decision not starting Missilou because he's going to miss 3 games playing for Congo.

You play your best available players surely?

Yet again we saw an opposition midfielder have the freedom of the park in their number 8, whatever happened  to pressing and closing down?

Hope cant start again, even Diarra would at least challenge for the ball up front.