OASF/PTB joint fans forum

Blitz:

“OEC is owned by myself and Danny Gazal because that’s how it was set up from day one” 

“(Simon Corney) not involved in Brass Bank, not involved in OEC and has no dealings at all with us”

…does that contradict what Paul Whitehead just said on the podcast? Not sure.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Blitz:

“OEC is owned by myself and Danny Gazal because that’s how it was set up from day one” 

“(Simon Corney) not involved in Brass Bank, not involved in OEC and has no dealings at all with us”

…does that contradict what Paul Whitehead just said on the podcast? Not sure.

I don't think so? Simon Blitz' interview (on TATL Podcast, the salient points of which will feature at the beginning of Part 2 on Monday) was conducted in January 2020, by which time Simon Corney had ceased to have any dealings with them on any subject, having given up his/the club's interest in the stand & the OEC and having sold the club to Abdallah, who had subsequently inherited the debenture taken out during Simon Corney's time.

11 minutes ago, BPAS said:

I don't think so? Simon Blitz' interview (on TATL Podcast, the salient points of which will feature at the beginning of Part 2 on Monday) was conducted in January 2020, by which time Simon Corney had ceased to have any dealings with them on any subject, having given up his/the club's interest in the stand & the OEC and having sold the club to Abdallah, who had subsequently inherited the debenture taken out during Simon Corney's time.

Yes. But “from day one” is the bit I was referring to. 

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes. But “from day one” is the bit I was referring to. 

Simon Corney was never listed as a Director, nor a person with significant control of Brassbank Limited. He was a "sweat equity".....

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04919679/officers

He was of course listed as a Director of OEC for a period of 12 months, until March 2016;

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09484918/officers

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Just listened to that “All things Latics” podcast again.  I’d forgotten just how obviously prearranged and sycophantic it was. 

You needn't have.... as we've distilled it down to 9 minutes of relevant content at the beginning of Part 2.

4 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Simon Corney was never listed as a Director, nor a person with significant control of Brassbank Limited. He was a "sweat equity".....

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04919679/officers

But Paul said he had no discussions of meetings with Blitz re the stand. Bit odd on such a big investment. 

4 minutes ago, BPAS said:

You needn't have.... as we've distilled it down to 9 minutes of relevant content at the beginning of Part 2.

I know… it drew me in. It’s almost scripted. Terrible. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

But Paul said he had no discussions of meetings with Blitz re the stand. Bit odd on such a big investment. 

Well, as we revealed at the end of Part 1, Simon Blitz wasn't involved in the North Stand build to begin with..... 

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

Well, as we revealed at the end of Part 1, Simon Blitz wasn't involved in the North Stand build to begin with..... 

Doesn’t Blitz imply that he was in the Brooke ‘interview’. 

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

In that case why has he taken overall control of it? Surely some of the clubs monies if not somebody elses would of been used to initially fund it? 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

In that case why has he taken overall control of it? Surely some of the clubs monies if not somebody elses would of been used to initially fund it? 

My understanding is that it was - Blitz was approached by Corney when his money ran out and we had been left with a steel skeleton for months.  My dad who has been in civil engineering all his life said at the time that the frame should take about 6 weeks at most 

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Doesn’t Blitz imply that he was in the Brooke ‘interview’. 

I’m not sure he does…. Although he doesn’t say he wasn’t either…..

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Listen to Part 2 on Monday….

20 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Listen to Part 2 on Monday….

Can this not be released sooner ? Not a criticism but being such a sensitive topic I think it should be released as soon as possible. 

Unless Monday is to have time for editing purposes. 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Can this not be released sooner ? Not a criticism but being such a sensitive topic I think it should be released as soon as possible. 

Unless Monday is to have time for editing purposes. 

Steady on, I have Obi Wan Kenobi and Top Gun to get through first 

50 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

My understanding is that it was - Blitz was approached by Corney when his money ran out and we had been left with a steel skeleton for months.  My dad who has been in civil engineering all his life said at the time that the frame should take about 6 weeks at most 

I get that but that would suggest that funds not provided by Blitz was used to get the project up and running until it stalled, even to get to that stage would of involved some decent sums of money.

Question is why was the stand allowed to be signed over to Blitz?

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I get that but that would suggest that funds not provided by Blitz was used to get the project up and running until it stalled, even to get to that stage would of involved some decent sums of money.

Part 2 may reveal all but we know Mr Corney wasn't averse to begging, borrowing or stealing when the cause called for it 

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Part 2 may reveal all but we know Mr Corney wasn't averse to begging, borrowing or stealing when the cause called for it 

Nowt wrong with begging, I've been begging people for two weeks since my fund page started...... never begged in my life, you soon get good at it.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We could have ended up with a half finished stand as happened at Northampton Town!

Forgive me as i've never owned a company and only ever worked in the public sector but is it normal to relinquish major control of your business having just won a contract to build houses for a pound to get it back for a pound once the contract has been completed? I can't get my head around that at all.

Just wondering why we decided to ask for help from Matt Child??

Not really sure what his credentials were, to be trying to advise us??

I know Matt Child, and have had business dealings with him for years. He's an Ex Phones 4U trading director, and Cauldwell employee, who is a lifelong "Leeds United fan" but a good bloke....you get the picture....

Matt was always an excellent salesman and could talk the talk, and he clearly sold himself amazingly well to get appointed as CEO of Leeds when P4U went tits up. Maybe he was appointed to appease the fans at a time when their Italian gangster owner was in charge.

Anyway how he ever got that job remains a complete mystery to me. Vastly Underqualified, never worked in football, never ran a business, so little wonder he left after 3 months.

If we were taking his advise, it's little surprise that some poor football based decisions were made.

Archived