OASF/PTB joint fans forum

thought it turned into a bit of a random clap fest at the end but just as l was turning it off a guy said about shaking home matches w leaflets and buckets. l remember blackpool fans doin that. 

if we do that and we need volunteers l'll do that or something like that 5-6 hours on a saturday at least twice before Xmas there ya go hold me to it.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

If the Lemsagams stay, and there is no sign that they won't, then OAFC are royally screwed anyway. 

As the club won't talk to any of the fans groups representatives and are 112 days silent about any pending sale, the only answer is to try and seek assistance from outside agencies. 

Is AL really willing to sell? At the Forum it was stated that former Latics chairman Barry Chaytow (84) has contacted AL twice, the first time being in February, but has not heard back from him.

On the OASF facebook page, Bob Isaacs stated that Mike Newton (remember him) has put in an offer to AL, but has not heard back from him!

18 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

thought it turned into a bit of a random clap fest at the end but just as l was turning it off a guy said about shaking home matches w leaflets and buckets. l remember blackpool fans doin that. 

if we do that and we need volunteers l'll do that or something like that 5-6 hours on a saturday at least twice before Xmas there ya go hold me to it.

We had what we called our "outdoor office" outside the main entrance to the ground (but not on their land) at every home game for four seasons. We put up a banner, leafleted our own fans from time to time and spoke with visiting supporters. We took the approach that it was unrealistic to ask people who had travelled not to go in the ground. But we did ask them not to spend money on catering or merchandise and to patronise local businesses instead.

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Just subtract the charges from the returned payment?

The receiving party of a payment does not receive the bank details of the remitter, so to pay the money back the bank details of everyone who had donated would need to be obtained

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

We had what we called our "outdoor office" outside the main entrance to the ground (but not on their land) at every home game for four seasons. We put up a banner, leafleted our own fans from time to time and spoke with visiting supporters. We took the approach that it was unrealistic to ask people who had travelled not to go in the ground. But we did ask them not to spend money on catering or merchandise and to patronise local businesses instead.

We may have briefly met in person 😂

8 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Fans cannot wait for the FLG to act Kow,  need to somehow get some momentum building and look to secure alternative investment if possible. 

I have a few ideas for generating some funding, I am sure others have too. 

We can't keep operating in a silo, need to see what other clubs have tried/ done and where any have been successful in raising significant funds, how they did it and see if we can do similar.      

Agreed. FLG have caused the fans to waste two years. Don’t want any of them anywhere near it. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

But all that would do is leave Blitz protected and send the club under as there are no tangible assets to speak of, with the court case still on going I'm not sure Blitz could even instigate admin, I find it strange that so many are happy for the club to effectively fold and giving Blitz their blessing to push for this.

As for lining a consortium up they will surely want to do it their way? I can't imagine anyone coming in would be happy for the supporters group to be calling the shots and dictating where their hard earned goes, it's all pie in the sky for me.

It doesn’t send the club under, the business will be sold for the benefit of the creditors it doesn’t need any assets, and that would be the sole purpose of the administrator. 

It changes nothing for Blitz in the slightest. Owning the stadium is a priority, but the biggest issue we have is actually removing AL from the picture. Blitz is openly willing to sell and has pretty much put a value on it - that £6m hasn’t just come from nowhere. 

Think what you want of Blitz, fine. But don’t let that stop you from seeing the way out. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

The receiving party of a payment does not receive the bank details of the remitter, so to pay the money back the bank details of everyone who had donated would need to be obtained

Obviously it would be complicated for every 10 or £20. However, if I was to offer a 4 figure sum for the purpose of purchasing the ground, I would expect them to take my details and refund me if they did not use this money.

Otherwise I won’t bother, and let’s face it they need several thousand 4 figure offers.

Dave, I don’t understand why whoever comes to own the club cannot set themselves up properly and issues shares after the purchase. It wouldn’t matter if it was a consortium, with fans portion of the consortium owning less then a controlling 51%, or less.  Shares couldn’t be issued until after the purchase anyway.

6 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Is AL really willing to sell? At the Forum it was stated that former Latics chairman Barry Chaytow (84) has contacted AL twice, the first time being in February, but has not heard back from him.

On the OASF facebook page, Bob Isaacs stated that Mike Newton (remember him) has put in an offer to AL, but has not heard back from him!

I am not sure what will happen if AL steadfastly refuses to sell but its going to be a very rocky road for us for sure. 

I do think that fans need to start preparing themselves for the worst and it is imperative that supporters can rally round and try and secure some potential funding / investment that might become crucial to operate the club short term if ever required. 

I am struggling to recall Mike Newton, will contact Bob and see what he knows. 

Andy Burnham has promised to market some event aimed at securing investment to safequard Latics as a community asset and also to attract interest from the community as a whole. Its very much a long shot but as everything is/has spiralled out of control, its time for supporters to act and not just wait for solutions. 

I know PTB have spoken to Barry Chaytow this week and I am aware that there is another investor who might be prepared to come in (not Mike Newton), I have no idea how or whether the Lemasagams are in talks with any potential investors but I for one don't trust them to do the right thing by the club.. 

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Obviously it would be complicated for every 10 or £20. However, if I was to offer a 4 figure sum for the purpose of purchasing the ground, I would expect them to take my details and refund me if they did not use this money.

Otherwise I won’t bother, and let’s face it they need several thousand 4 figure offers.

Dave, I don’t understand why whoever comes to own the club cannot set themselves up properly and issues shares after the purchase. It wouldn’t matter if it was a consortium, with fans portion of the consortium owning less then a controlling 51%, or less.  Shares couldn’t be issued until after the purchase anyway.

There's an awful lot of ifs and buts in there and where would you draw the line 

It would seem very challenging to say if you subscribe x amount you get shares but if you subscribe y amount you don't 

I can’t believe that wanker Blitz continues to get away with destroying our football club…he has turned it into a portfolio of property assets and we now seem to be tacitly accepting a £6m valuation which doesn’t even include the actual feckin thing we want to own…our football club…because he and his fellow destroyer Corney knowingly sold it to a clown and his brother.

We have been roundly screwed by Blitz

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

There's an awful lot of ifs and buts in there and where would you draw the line 

It would seem very challenging to say if you subscribe x amount you get shares but if you subscribe y amount you don't 

Fair point. Well computers and spreadsheets don’t mind the number.  Anyone who donates on the scheme of “shares or money back”, would need to give their details. No reason why additional donations of any size, couldn’t be just added to their individual donation total. If the funds end up being used, that person gets shares at £1 a share. 

Obviously lots of ifs or buts, but surely solvable issues. Presently we aren’t getting near a system which could raise a useful amount of funding.  

5 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I can’t believe that wanker Blitz continues to get away with destroying our football club…he has turned it into a portfolio of property assets and we now seem to be tacitly accepting a £6m valuation which doesn’t even include the actual feckin thing we want to own…our football club…because he and his fellow destroyer Corney knowingly sold it to a clown and his brother.

We have been roundly screwed by Blitz

The OASF has been talking forever about getting an independent valuation done.  I really don’t get the delay.  I understand they are distracted at present, but it just means instructing a firm to get on with it. One board meeting vote and minutes and an email.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Fair point. Well computers and spreadsheets don’t mind the number.  Anyone who donates on the scheme of “shares or money back”, would need to give their details. No reason why additional donations of any size, couldn’t be just added to their individual donation total. If the funds end up being used, that person gets shares at £1 a share. 

Obviously lots of ifs or buts, but surely solvable issues. Presently we aren’t getting near a system which could raise a useful amount of funding.  

I'll throw the idea in the pot. It's important that all input is properly considered so thanks for raising it. 

13 hours ago, Pidge said:

this reply is editted. my orginal reply was a bit too Che.

l don't think people should be getting involved if they are looking to protect 'their' money or setting up schemes to protect 'those of us who put in larger amounts'

do the same for a quid as we do for ten grand.

if you got real money fair do's get involved in the consortium. if you got about ten grand spare and you want to donate it in a seperate protected my money is better fashion than the peasant £20 donations and l want it back Simon Blitz type 'donation' then these are the type of timewasting narcissists we need to be moving away from, not being blinded by their £20K (woooooo big timeee)

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

The OASF has been talking forever about getting an independent valuation done.  I really don’t get the delay.  I understand they are distracted at present, but it just means instructing a firm to get on with it. One board meeting vote and minutes and an email.

The delay is 30k in the pot, we have raised fuck all. 

l normally only work about three months a year bc lm a lazy bastard but this TIA has woke me up lm proper bored l'm already lining stuff up for the end of the sicknote l'll get out there do some earning and l'll find out what % l can chuck at yous before Rishi needs to know about it.

also re itterating a desire to volunteer around 20hrs this side of Xmas folding letters, lickin stamps, leafletting or whatever. best keep me 'back office' l'd be good proof reading or tooth combing, l'll find the headlines for somebody else to grab in a less sweary, more dignified manner 🧗🏻‍♀️

dm if ya need me.

45 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l normally only work about three months a year bc lm a lazy bastard but this TIA has woke me up lm proper bored l'm already lining stuff up for the end of the sicknote l'll get out there do some earning and l'll find out what % l can chuck at yous before Rishi needs to know about it.

also re itterating a desire to volunteer around 20hrs this side of Xmas folding letters, lickin stamps, leafletting or whatever. best keep me 'back office' l'd be good proof reading or tooth combing, l'll find the headlines for somebody else to grab in a less sweary, more dignified manner 🧗🏻‍♀️

dm if ya need me.

Great for volunteering. Best to do so on the OASF site as it will soon get buried on here

15 hours ago, deyres42 said:

What is your beef with Brooke? Think we are all dying to know...

I don’t have one really. Other than to think he’s a bit of a chancer. 

Runs with the hares, hunts with hounds.

Peter principle in full effect. Literally couldn’t even run a sweetshop.

Other than that I’m sure he’s a nice bloke…

My beef isn’t particularly with him, it’s all of them. I think they’ve been a complete joke from day one frankly. I’ve been consistent. I got stick for it early in but I see nothing in them other than ego. Wayyyy to pally with Blitz too. That podcast was sickening.

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

I tried to source one for OASF as part if the skillset and FOC if possible.

RiCS surveyors can cost about £800.00  per hour. Plus it's a big site. 

1895 CF can be used for this if needed

That's as far as I got

Archived