MATCH: vs Salford City (H) 23/03/22

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yes. lts been our biggest game in history every few days for about eight weeks.

The worst part is they all were rather than just false hype. Let's pray Barrow & Stevenage fluff up tomorrow otherwise it's Wealdstone (a) confirmed.

Cannot even imagine how we win this one. Think they'll press relentlessly once they suss us out. Let's hope we come flying out of the gate and surprise them - or at least sustain a good defence.

Pidge couldn't be needed more at the back tomorrow. We all know what Matt Smith - of all players - is capable of...

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Biggest game in the clubs history?

Biggest game in our history was Port Vale following the great win at Stevenage.

Biggest game in our history was the Northampton game after our unlucky defeat at Port Vale.

Biggest game in our history was the must-win game at FGR following our alarming defeat at home to Northampton.

Biggest game in our history is now dead and buried. Saturday’s game is the wake following the funeral.

Worry not boys and girls, Salford will be played off the park. Whelan will win all the tackles in midfield, Stobbs will rule the roost, and Hope will get 6! Wow, I'm sure I just heard a pig fly over our house, or was it a fat lady warming up?

40 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

The worst part is they all were rather than just false hype. Let's pray Barrow & Stevenage fluff up tomorrow otherwise it's Wealdstone (a) confirmed.

Cannot even imagine how we win this one. Think they'll press relentlessly once they suss us out. Let's hope we come flying out of the gate and surprise them - or at least sustain a good defence.

Pidge couldn't be needed more at the back tomorrow. We all know what Matt Smith - of all players - is capable of...

Bad isn't it.

Looks like we have got a fair few fans who haven't been in a real life or death situation and wouldn't survive it anyway with some of the attitudes knockin about.

😢.

Yeah we are lay in a ditch with a broken arm face in a puddle and the other guy is fresher and bigger but get up and die on your feet swinging your arms about, not whingeing face down the puddle feelin sorry for yourself 🤬.

CMONNNNNNNN 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

No. That's been and gone. Out of our hands now. 

Not sure l understand.

We need 9 from 9 to even have a chance but bc even that might not be enough then that somehow lessens how important it is to get the 9?

That attitude sees the others lose and give us a chance but we didn't bother to take it because our ducks weren't in a row.

You'll be useless if youre still about when the war/climate change unrest/revolution/capitalism collapse comes.

Probably just me being over sensitive, but I hope they lose tomorrow and Barrow/Stevenage win to put us out of our misery.

Utterly shameful from everyone involved this season, those gutless losers who are out on the pitch for us should be booed on to the pitch at 3pm...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Probably just me being over sensitive, but I hope they lose tomorrow and Barrow/Stevenage win to put us out of our misery.

Utterly shameful from everyone involved this season, those gutless losers who are out on the pitch for us should be booed on to the pitch at 3pm...

Not predicting an easy win in division 4??

We really are fucked 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not predicting an easy win in division 4??

We really are fucked 

Think they'll probably win because the shameless sack of s**t are likely to give us that little bit of hope before smashing it into pieces. 

I have been to most games this season and I'm choosing not to bother tomorrow. They don't deserve our time or energy. Will go to the Crawley game to wave goodbye to Sheridan...

I can see Smith being a big problem with our defence, FGR worked out that high balls into the penalty area would cause us problems, I expect much of the same tomorrow.

I expect Jameson to start , Sutton needs to be rested. I won't be watching, because I think after enduring the 2 games over the Easter break there is a lack of belief in this team, there are a lot of those players out of contract in the summer, I think some of those can't wait for the season to end and they can try their luck elsewhere.

I am also pissed off with watching so called professional footballers constantly making silly mistakes and not being able to pass the ball without making a mess of it.

13 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

I can see Smith being a big problem with our defence, FGR worked out that high balls into the penalty area would cause us problems, I expect much of the same tomorrow.

I expect Jameson to start , Sutton needs to be rested. I won't be watching, because I think after enduring the 2 games over the Easter break there is a lack of belief in this team, there are a lot of those players out of contract in the summer, I think some of those can't wait for the season to end and they can try their luck elsewhere.

I am also pissed off with watching so called professional footballers constantly making silly mistakes and not being able to pass the ball without making a mess of it.

It was McGahey who gave the ball away and then didn't jump to attack a cross for their goals. Sutton didn't do much wrong apart from being booked hence he was subbed.

Jamieson did look ok though I must say.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It was McGahey who gave the ball away and then didn't jump to attack a cross for their goals. Sutton didn't do much wrong apart from being booked hence he was subbed.

McGahey can’t jump due to a genetic disorder which prevents him from being able to get fit and lose the feckin 2 stone he is carrying around 

52 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Think they'll probably win because the shameless sack of s**t are likely to give us that little bit of hope before smashing it into pieces. 

I have been to most games this season and I'm choosing not to bother tomorrow. They don't deserve our time or energy. Will go to the Crawley game to wave goodbye to Sheridan...

Out of interest which brain injury have you suffered? 

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Not sure l understand.

We need 9 from 9 to even have a chance but bc even that might not be enough then that somehow lessens how important it is to get the 9?

That attitude sees the others lose and give us a chance but we didn't bother to take it because our ducks weren't in a row.

You'll be useless if youre still about when the war/climate change unrest/revolution/capitalism collapse comes.

The biggest game is one where it definitively matters. This might not. 

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

ahh l kinda see it, but don't. thank you for responding concisely and ignoring my build up of posting passion. l'm just about aware that lve been quiet and now l come diving back on here scattergunning the gaff like bazza lookin for Harry Bosch at an awards do 😬

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Conflicted.

Do l want this to happen so we get the scenario capable of igniting the fans back saying what they really think and galvanise hypothetical saviours into a reduced price highly public fight for the club resulting in greener grass

or do l want us fighting to the death pulling it off and havin unreal deja vu next year?

or is there a lovely grey mixture of, errrrrr, black and white 

43 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The games against Villa, Liverpool and Southampton may not have mattered if Palace had not gotten cock 

I still considered them to be pretty huge 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

There were 2 passes from Sutton which were shocking, both in his own half that put his team mate under pressure and gave possession to the opposition, as for McGahey he wasn't much better, but he has experience.

Sutton is still learning, now is not the time for such a steep learning curve, the lad looked nervous, Pidge is vocal and a young player sometimes needs that voice to keep him on his toes, McGahey didn't seem to be barking out the orders from what I could see on Ifollow.

Jamieson does look a skilful player, although prone to the odd lapse in concentration.

Archived