MATCH: vs Salford City (H) 23/03/22

Just now, Ritchierich said:

I’m afraid this is wrong….not fair on the other clubs…should have saved this for Crawley and the. 100% get that match abandoned, imagine if this gets replayed and we win and other results by some miracle go our way

This also massively effects Salford

I guess they clear the stadium and play the remaining minutes in an empty stadium

Not right this

Would never be replayed.  EFL will just award the win to Salford.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A protest was right.

…but this is a bit pathetic. 

You wait until the final whistle and you protest… sit there for hours if you have to. The entire ground would have walked on then.

This just looks poor. Chavs and kids pissing about and having a laugh. 

gane off. Just announced. 

Tbh I’m glad we have gone down with an abandonment. It shows huge passion in the fan base which we need more than ever now. Won’t do us any favours with the league but it’s better to have this many people so strongly upset than an EFL on our side. We deserve to go. No doubt. Hopefully a sale and rebuild and better times to come soon 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

Tbh I’m glad we have gone down with an abandonment. It shows huge passion in the fan base which we need more than ever now. Won’t do us any favours with the league but it’s better to have this many people so strongly upset than an EFL on our side. We deserve to go. No doubt. Hopefully a sale and rebuild and better times to come soon 

100%

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

I think it shows we have a pitch full of morons, simple.

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Sympathy don’t do shit !!! And from who? The EFL that we are no longer a member  of.  

The EFl ratified this takeover of these scummy men. 

Looks like it's been abandoned it's been coming this ever since they took over.

To quote captain oates

I'm just going outside I maybe some time.

Just now, archiecat said:

It shows we have a lot of people who care and a solid fan base. There’s no way we should be even close to the drop if we are run correctly and u can’t expect anything else after all we have seen in last few years 

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

I have no problem with a protest at full time. Invading the pitch to stop play is disgraceful. The EFL will come down on us like a ton of bricks, unless they are relaxed about the precedent this could set.

BBC Sport website. Even if the game is replayed, I can't see anything other than a points deduction, we're gone.

17:09

Match abandoned at Oldham

Oldham A-A Salford

It looks like Oldham's relegation won't be confirmed today as the Oldham fans who have invaded the pitch to protest against the clubs owners have caused the game to be abandoned.

Archived