MATCH: vs Salford City (H) 23/03/22

Put Jamieson up top, he is big, he has ( dont laugh ) a good touch, I think he is a poor defender for what my opinion is worth.

Get balls put in the box, play luamba, DKD or even Vaughen up with him, we have to have something up top to hit from wide because our central mids have no ideas going forward, like rabbits in the head lights.

Whilst doing this stop Salford putting balls in the box.

I await the abuse lol....... 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Probably just me being over sensitive, but I hope they lose tomorrow and Barrow/Stevenage win to put us out of our misery.

I've been thinking the same. Not had this sinking feeling since I had to take the dog to the vets to be put down!

:disappointed:

16 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Put Jamieson up top, he is big, he has ( dont laugh ) a good touch, I think he is a poor defender for what my opinion is worth.

Get balls put in the box, play luamba, DKD or even Vaughen up with him, we have to have something up top to hit from wide because our central mids have no ideas going forward, like rabbits in the head lights.

Think everyone appreciates the idea of getting someone up who has a physical presence (think that's what Hope's role became) but Jameson is a defender for a reason. Know it comes from a place of honest desperation to get something from these games but we can't rely on them to fill attacking roles. Practically it would mean him having to belt it back after every attack. A tired defender isn't a good one, especially when we're down on our most important one (Pidge). We're against a side that has become very good at finding the net since Matt Smith has come along (EFL on Quest highlighted how their form has changed since bringing him in - like we need a reminder of him being able to score).

Important now to keep the team solid and every player know his role; it might be do or die but we're not down yet.  We need to play reactionary but cautious football.

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The games against Villa, Liverpool and Southampton may not have mattered if Palace had not gotten cock 

I still considered them to be pretty huge 

Ah, but we were young and foolish then.... 

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Jameson use to play in the same team as one of my mates for Southport, he was a striker back then. Shame he’s fucking shit. 

2 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Got my tickets for the Salford and Crawley game. The bloke at the Ticket Office said that Salford had sold 400. That was at 3:00pm today. Very poor.

Not so sure it is, Salford are still a relatively new entity.  The vast majority growing up and living in the area are United fans, armchair or otherwise 

16 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The games against Villa, Liverpool and Southampton may not have mattered if Palace had not gotten cock 

I still considered them to be pretty huge 

100% 

they were our biggest games in history at the time, but now these are more important. Lose today and the next match means nothing, win today and the next match will be the biggest in our history.

14 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

😂😂😂😂😂

get pidge up top get pidge up top get pidge up top bc l don't know what lm talking about.

*pidge goes up top w obvious results*

get jameson up top..

Never played Football. don't come back and say you have bc youre clearly lying.

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Jameson use to play in the same team as one of my mates for Southport, he was a striker back then. Shame he’s fucking shit. 

its about levels. my team has two semi pro players, both defenders for their real teams but one plays up front and the other more recent signing has got 4 in 3 from CDM.

No doubt Jameson wud smash it up front for my team, but not for Latics. if u got no target man then stop fuckin hoofin it.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

😂😂😂😂😂

get pidge up top get pidge up top get pidge up top bc l don't know what lm talking about.

*pidge goes up top w obvious results*

get jameson up top..

Never played Football. don't come back and say you have bc youre clearly lying.

I dont need to say owt Marra, I'll leave the likes of you to your type of response.

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

its about levels. my team has two semi pro players, both defenders for their real teams but one plays up front and the other more recent signing has got 4 in 3 from CDM.

No doubt Jameson wud smash it up front for my team, but not for Latics. if u got no target man then stop fuckin hoofin it.

Yeah I know mate. I don’t understand the want to put a centre back upfront, baffles me. 

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah I know mate. I don’t understand the want to put a centre back upfront, baffles me. 

It's n that baffling - it's just sheer desperation.  We simply have no strikers so someone has to play up there at some point

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I know it’s desperate, but it’s also never going to be the answer. 

The actual thought of Jameson going upfront and our survival hopes being put on him makes me sick. The lads a raffle winner and should be doing something other than football. 

Still hoping for a win but realistically looks like we will be down by 5pm. Just hope Matty Smith Smih Smith doesnt rub it in.Still have fond memories of that late goal.

Still it is what it is and watch out for any fat ladies. 

Lets get behind Shez in these last three games regardless and show him our appreciation  for his efforts despite flogging a lame horse

47 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Still hoping for a win but realistically looks like we will be down by 5pm. Just hope Matty Smith Smih Smith doesnt rub it in.Still have fond memories of that late goal.

Still it is what it is and watch out for any fat ladies. 

Lets get behind Shez in these last three games regardless and show him our appreciation  for his efforts despite flogging a lame horse

Was looking out for them at the Northampton game Flem to show them the way out of BP but there were none in my vicinity! 

Will be ding same today lol   

Archived