Pre Season Friendlies

Just now, League one forever said:

Where are we short Yardy? Wide and up top? 

Middle of the park is desperate, I'd hope Sheron slots in at CDM when Hogan and Angol are back, Gardner needs a partner in there, Whelan is better than any of those two trialists who were both dreadful, also think we need two wide men, Stobbs does okay but we played with a back six at times today with Stobbs and Hope tucking in.

Most worrying aspect for me was lack of shape, Hope gets rinsed down the left for the second and we can't work the ball up the pitch, had chances but midfield other than Gardner is non existent, Fondop, Hope and Tollit all missed easy chances.

Hard to see what was gained from that today, McGahey might of lost a pound but will be first in at the buffet I suspect.

Don't get the shit directed at Norman he will be okay for us this season.

• Thanks 1

I think there's plenty of people reading too much into friendlies really.

From what I have seen at BPA and today, we've played 2 completely different formations, with a youth team at BPA and a few trialists today

We've just lost to a team that are usually a top half league 2 side, when their season starts a week before ours so they're fitter, and more season-ready than us

I'd rather Shez try different formations and combinations now so we know what does or doesn't work rather than finding out if something works when the games matter.

And obviously these games are all about fitness

We haven't scored many, but Porter got very little service today due to the formation and trialist midfield (I know Gardner has supposedly agreed a deal but the other trialists weren't great). We seemed to be more of a threat with Burgess on and I think he likely starts in league games so that should improve things

We need a decent winger or 2, but Shez has made it clear he plans to use the loan market this year and the loan market for wingers is generally decent

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Middle of the park is desperate, I'd hope Sheron slots in at CDM when Hogan and Angol are back, Gardner needs a partner in there, Whelan is better than any of those two trialists who were both dreadful, also think we need two wide men, Stobbs does okay but we played with a back six at times today with Stobbs and Hope tucking in.

Most worrying aspect for me was lack of shape, Hope gets rinsed down the left for the second and we can't work the ball up the pitch, had chances but midfield other than Gardner is non existent, Fondop, Hope and Tollit all missed easy chances.

Hard to see what was gained from that today, McGahey might of lost a pound but will be first in at the buffet I suspect.

Don't get the shit directed at Norman he will be okay for us this season.

God that sounds desperate…were we really as bad as that?

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

God that sounds desperate…were we really as bad as that?

Yes it was bad, Shez will agree.

Seems a long time since our last win, Stevenage away, since then 2 draws and 8 defeats from 10 fixtures, hopefully we can get some quality in this week if not Shez will be under pressure early doors this season, some big players missing today in Hogan, Angol and Maynard though.

16 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

2001/02 when we made the play offs 

Started off pretty rank 2006/07 too when we also made the play offs but you crack on 

Can you give us the results just so we know you aren't lying

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Totally agree which may be why Shez isn't risking any of them.

I'll tell you now friendly or not most aren't good enough for the NL as the can't even pass a ball.

About 4 new signings might help.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Porter and Fondop yet to play together despite the  lack of goals. 

Jesus wept. This is last seasons outmuscled content

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Been watching over 60 years and never seen a more a more hopeless display.

Definitely not true

43 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Jesus wept. This is last seasons outmuscled content

Definitely not true

I think Whelan would be welcomed back with open arms now, even by those who didn't rate him.😐