Pre Season Friendlies

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I honestly can't see how anyone can sort this lot out, our only hope is if the opposition are worse, and that's a long shot.

Would you not agree that 3-4 signings in key positions could make a difference? Let's not lose sight of the fact that the clubs new owners have been in situ less than 72 hours.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Would you not agree that 3-4 signings in key positions could make a difference? Let's not lose sight of the fact that the clubs new owners have been in situ less than 72 hours.

Yes it would, good loanees like we had in Kilkenny, Croft, Lang, Sturridge showed what a big difference can be made.

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Whelan was announced MOTM in our horrendous 0-0 draw with Rochdale last season and as it was announced the ball bounced off his shin and out for a throw which a 9 year old would be embarrassed about.

We could have signed Big Mo from Eastenders and I wouldn't be sorry at letting that guy go 

Dr Jim Weems (he who scored in the fans game) and the other crowd members and medical "staff" were robbed.

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I may well be wrong but I don’t recall any comments from Sheridan so far about any of this seasons friendly matches….am I correct?

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Any interview would be bleeped throughout.

There is an interview with Sheridan on the official web site

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/july/30072022-sheridan-post-fylde-a/

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Shez has said on many occasions s he doesn’t go demanding money and will accept the budget. 

As far as the budget goes, it is what it is……Accepting the budget is one thing but being happy with it is entirely different!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

His recruitment seemed pretty fine in both January 2016 and January 2017 would you not agree?

He didn't add so much to the existing squads either time, although Gerrard and (especially) Palmer were excellent signings.

I'm more thinking back to when he was trying to build a squad in his longer stint. 

It's going to take months - even years - to correct the almost annihilation of the club at every level that the previous owners in particular have carried out in the last 4 years.

The takeover happened last week - we haven't even got season tickets on sale yet.  This time last week Mo Lemsegam was Sporting Director. We've got an infrastructure to build as well as many bridges. 

Stobbs, who was the worst of the worst, smacks of a "we need bodies" signing while the club is in transition.  I wouldn't say no one wants to sign for us, because a few obviously have, but I bet many are put off and that's not going to change suddenly with a change of ownership.

Promotion is a hell of an ask at the moment - the rot might have stopped, but we've a lot to do to start reversing it.

We've got to stick by Shez - the Fondop injury was a massive reason behind the losing run at the end of last season.  Friendly results don't mean a thing.  Give the club time at every level and see where we are in a few months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He didn't add so much to the existing squads either time, although Gerrard and (especially) Palmer were excellent signings.

I'm more thinking back to when he was trying to build a squad in his longer stint. 

He signed Byrne, Doyle and the defender! Not wellens!!!

18 hours ago, JoeP said:

It's going to take months - even years - to correct the almost annihilation of the club at every level that the previous owners in particular have carried out in the last 4 years.

The takeover happened last week - we haven't even got season tickets on sale yet.  This time last week Mo Lemsegam was Sporting Director. We've got an infrastructure to build as well as many bridges. 

Stobbs, who was the worst of the worst, smacks of a "we need bodies" signing while the club is in transition.  I wouldn't say no one wants to sign for us, because a few obviously have, but I bet many are put off and that's not going to change suddenly with a change of ownership.

Promotion is a hell of an ask at the moment - the rot might have stopped, but we've a lot to do to start reversing it.

We've got to stick by Shez - the Fondop injury was a massive reason behind the losing run at the end of last season.  Friendly results don't mean a thing.  Give the club time at every level and see where we are in a few months.

I agree with this. I know often a change of owner means the new guy wants his own manager, etc. but I think if they move Shez on now it'll feel too much like hire and fire AL, and look how that turned out.

Of course if we lose the first 6 on the trot I may hypocritically change my mind! Seriously though, I suspect Shez wants a good crack at promotion, and then however that turns out I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the season he decides to retire to Spain as previously suggested. I wish him all the best whatever happens in the next few months. 

Scoring goals for fun pre season with the youth team;

JAKE FORSHAW (Striker)
A strong frontman, he came into the club at U15 level from Preston schoolboys and progressed well scoring many types of finishes.
Performing well in the youth team already he’s an old type target man with plenty of mobility to unlock defences.

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

JAKE FORSHAW (Striker)
A strong frontman, he came into the club at U15 level from Preston schoolboys and progressed well scoring many types of finishes.
Performing well in the youth team already he’s an old type target man with plenty of mobility to unlock defences.

Lad I play with was only telling me about him tonight at training. His lad knows him, think he might have been at Fylde. 

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

JAKE FORSHAW (Striker)

Alongside Simms?