Pre Season Friendlies

Played well, looked far more solid tonight.

Norman had another steady game looks likely to be No 1.

Back 4 looked strong and powerful Clarke, Hogan, Legge and Angol, second half McGahey and Maynard in at centre half and Couto on late at left back, McGahey and Couto not great but Maynard looks decent on the ball and slotted in well.

Of the midfield Gardner best player on the pitch Hope, Sheron and Tollit all solid, Stobbs anonymous, second half Burgess showed some nice touches, Vaughan played really well when he came on, drove us forward and picked out some lovely passes. Cooper did better than Saturday but can't see him anymore than a squad player.

Porter got a goal and looks fit, Fondop wasteful and Luamba put himself about. Much better than Saturday for me, good intensity and finally a victory, good test coming up Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Played well, looked far more solid tonight.

Norman had another steady game looks likely to be No 1.

Back 4 looked strong and powerful Clarke, Hogan, Legge and Angol, second half McGahey and Maynard in at centre half and Couto on late at left back, McGahey and Couto not great but Maynard looks decent on the ball and slotted in well.

Of the midfield Gardner best player on the pitch Hope, Sheron and Tollit all solid, Stobbs anonymous, second half Burgess showed some nice touches, Vaughan played really well when he came on, drove us forward and picked out some lovely passes. Cooper did better than Saturday but can't see him anymore than a squad player.

Porter got a goal and looks fit, Fondop wasteful and Luamba put himself about. Much better than Saturday for me, good intensity and finally a victory, good test coming up Saturday. 

I placed myself 3 yards from Shez and Wright, and they were not happy with tonight at all. 
I agree with a lot of what you say, but still feel midfield is lacking a lot. Agree about Gardner but didn’t think too much of Stobbs, Tollett and Sheron 1st half. Vaughan was excellent 2nd half I thought, he found space and ran forward, which was lacking 1st half. I feel we need more pace on the wing, and i’d be looking for improvements on Stobbs and Tollett. 

Defence will be our strong point for sure, and it won’t be pretty but we shouldn’t get bullied thats for sure. 

I’ve been impressed with Porter in the 3 games i’ve seen, he’s an excellent addition, I still feel we need someone playing off him. For me Luamba and Fondop are not good enough. 

Stobbs for me was dropping back far too much. Needs to be 15-20 yards further up the pitch. Far too often he was 5 (or less) yards from Clarke, demanding the ball and it was such a ‘non pass’ with no end product. Gardner was excellent, saw plenty of the ball and was picking out players all night. Thought Porter and Hope played well together. Some good overall play tonight, and also a few things to work on bit thats what pre season games are all about

A decent workout tonight, although I was near Shez and TW too and, as Daniel says, they weren't very happy. They're setting high standards though, probably higher than some of them are used to, so there's no harm in that. 

Porter took his goal well, it was a proper striker's goal... the sort we've been badly missing of late.

40 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Still feel we are 4/5 short. We have 0 pace on the pitch. 

We are a couple short

Norman

Clarke

Legge

Hogan

Angol

Sheron

Maynard

A.N.Other (maybe Hope)

Gardner 

A.N.Other (maybe Tollit)

Porter or Fondop

Players we bring in have to be quality now, squads big enough for me we just need those stellar signings.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We are a couple short

Norman

Clarke

Legge

Hogan

Angol

Sheron

Maynard

A.N.Other (maybe Hope)

Gardner 

A.N.Other (maybe Tollit)

Porter or Fondop

Players we bring in have to be quality now, squads big enough for me we just need those stellar signings.

100% agree with this post

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We are a couple short

Norman

Clarke

Legge

Hogan

Angol

Sheron

Maynard

A.N.Other (maybe Hope)

Gardner 

A.N.Other (maybe Tollit)

Porter or Fondop

We havnt signed Legge ? Don’t think Maynard will be a starter. Also don’t think Porter / Fondop are good/fit enough to start so that’s my 4/5 

Well that was bloody painful, I just can't see what Hope and Stobbs offer, playing out wide neither player can beat a man, down the left particularly where Hope is playing he's hanging out wide left like he's a luxury leaving Angol one on three at times and hopelessly exposed, Tollit despite his good goal isn't contributing either and offers zero defensively.

Individual errors for the goal giving the ball away in key areas, Gardner doing the riverdance in the six yard box when it should of been put to safety, Sheron disappointing as well to be honest.

Fylde much better Haughton showed more in one half than most of our team have in pre season, really disappointing if I'm honest, hopefully we can pull it round second half.

• Thanks 1

Going to be a long season this. I blame the old regime really… but we can’t lay a glove on a side a division below. 

August is a fairly forgiving month fixture wise on paper and I don’t see us picking up ANY points.

How long before people turn? Is this a season of survival aim? We barely beat bloody Radcliffe.

It is imperative we don’t go down again but I am worried.