Pre Season Friendlies

Just now, daniel said:

Midfield a big big problem from what i’ve seen so far of Pre-season (2 games, albeit against better opposition). Neither GK looks particularly great but I think in defence we’ll be Ok this season. Porter looks sharp but has no one to run in behind when he wins almost every header, need a Warne type player alongside him. 

Although as I typed that McGahey got mugged by their player, who should have scored. He hasn’t had the best half to be honest.

Shez very vocal and TW too. They aren’t happy.

Keepers done fine.

Clarke and Sheron will do well at this level, McGahey unfit and a liability to be honest same for Couto on his heels and slow to everything does the lad even want to be a footballer, gets worse every time I see him and needs a rocket up his arse.

Gardner ran the midfield and looked impressive, Stobbs better defensively but nothing going forward, did okay. Hope looks fit but I still don't rate him out wide left, Cooper complete passenger I'd rather have Whelan in there alongside Gardner offered nothing at all, ball watching and created nothing, 

Porter nothing off the ref he was man handled all half but will be just fine, other trialist Tollit I think it is from Fylde, light weight and missed a sitter, looked nervous.

Shite half lost all shape numerous times but could of also scored a couple, plenty to work on for sure.

Edited by yarddog73

Just now, SweeperKeeper said:

Just seen a picture of him, 99% sure that's Ben Tollitt who was at Fylde and Tranmere.

Think he'd be a much better bet for this season than Stobbs wide right.

I don't he's been shite, at least Stobbs will stick his foot in.

Been some people FAR too giddy thinking we'd piss this league. We can't even get near our once League rivals Mansfield fucking Town. 

This takeover needs to happen ASAP.

It's going to be a horrifically bumpy start to the season - and anyone deciding to travel to Torquay is quite literally insane. Shez and the new board obviously need time but we need to see the wheels on the improvement front start turning very soon. 

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

Been some people FAR too giddy thinking we'd piss this league. We can't even get near our once League rivals Mansfield fucking Town. 

This takeover needs to happen ASAP.

It's going to be a horrifically bumpy start to the season - and anyone deciding to travel to Torquay is quite literally insane. Shez and the new board obviously need time but we need to see the wheels on the improvement front start turning very soon. 

Here he is. As expected

5 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Garbage this and I don’t care whether it’s just about fitness or not.  God knows what Shez is thinking…..

.......... this lot will get me sacked by the end of August. Judging from what I've just seen.

• Thanks 1

Shambolic, most of these would struggle 2 leagues lower.

Can't even play basic football like passing a ball to the same coloured shirt or support each other off the ball.

Hopefully half a dozen of better quality will be brought in once we have the take over or Shez won't last long.

5 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

10-hour round trip to see us played off the park by Torquay? No thank you. 

Most only going for  a weekend by the seaside. Football is incidental.

Edited by BP1960