Pre Season Friendlies

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It was. But we are still pre takeover and there has been no suggestion that the (hopefully) incoming owners would fund a big budget increase before or after. We were deservedly relegated last season and I think it's more or less accepted fact that the top half of the national league is at least as good as the bottom half of L2. 

If there was money I’m sure it would be being used or at least have players training before signing. We have none of that just dross on trial 

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If there was money I’m sure it would be being used or at least have players training before signing. We have none of that just dross on trial 

Well quite, that's my point. It's all very well being optimistic but I can't get ma head round why anyone would have baseless optimis after the last couple of decades 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Well quite, that's my point. It's all very well being optimistic but I can't get ma head round why anyone would have baseless optimis after the last couple of decades 

Shall we all stop going then? Give it up as a bad job after all if we can't be optimistic the week new owners are due in then when can we be? We are not asking for a Quincy Menig on 10k a week but a couple of competent footballers who can pass a ball 10 yards would be nice.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shall we all stop going then? Give it up as a bad job after all if we can't be optimistic the week new owners are due in then when can we be? We are not asking for a Quincy Menig on 10k a week but a couple of competent footballers who can pass a ball 10 yards would be nice.

When we know what's what. 

Think we need a good winning performance in either of our next 2 friendlie tomorrow and Saturday.

I can't remember a run of results as bad as this although I'm sure there has been one recently....L8 D2 out of 10 I think and we need a confidence boost before Torquay.

I was at Stevenage which was our last win and it seems a fucking age ago.

Maybe if we get an announcement tomorrow it will perk everyone up a bit👍

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Think we need a good winning performance in either of our next 2 friendlie tomorrow and Saturday.

I can't remember a run of results as bad as this although I'm sure there has been one recently....L8 D2 out of 10 I think and we need a confidence boost before Torquay.

I was at Stevenage which was our last win and it seems a fucking age ago.

Maybe if we get an announcement tomorrow it will perk everyone up a bit👍

We didn't win a single friendly in the Dowie play off season and whilst I don't recall the results of Sheridans pre season in 2006/07 we started the league horrendously with Maheta Malongo up front and made the play offs

People need to get a grip 

*edit- Malongo may have been the season after 

Edited by Chaddyexile84
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 6:34 PM, yarddog73 said:

I'd settle for 5 yards.

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We didn't win a single friendly in the Dowie play off season and whilst I don't recall the results of Sheridans pre season in 2006/07 we started the league horrendously with Maheta Malongo up front and made the play offs

People need to get a grip 

I have a good grip of the situation thanks....I'm just saying we haven't won for 10 games....since the 2nd April actually, and we could do with one to at least build our confidence...that's all. Would you prefer we go to Torquay having not won in 12/13 games then??

And there is a world of difference from the Dowie days and pre season 2006 than where we are today! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I have a good grip of the situation thanks....I'm just saying we haven't won for 10 games....since the 2nd April actually, and we could do with one to at least build our confidence...that's all. Would you prefer we go to Torquay having not won in 12/13 games then??

And there is a world of difference from the Dowie days and pre season 2006 than where we are today! 

Agreed, but pre season means cock all now or in 2001

We beat Newcastle 6 years ago pre season

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Agreed, but pre season means cock all now or in 2001

We beat Newcastle 6 years ago pre season

Of course it means something otherwise what's the point? Still some time left but 2 draws and 8 defeats from the last 10 games Shez has stood on the touchline is hardly inspiring, now before everyone accuses me of overreacting I'm not suggesting a change in manager but if we are going to turn this around something needs to change and sharpish.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course it means something otherwise what's the point? Still some time left but 2 draws and 8 defeats from the last 10 games Shez has stood on the touchline is hardly inspiring, now before everyone accuses me of overreacting I'm not suggesting a change in manager but if we are going to turn this around something needs to change and sharpish.

We are mid take over, the club can't sign anyone 

We have 2 weeks to go

Jesus you were virtually spunking over promotion a few weeks ago almost like Sinnott asking us to put bets on  

The first team squad looks absolutely awful 

I'm just not losing my head over some pointless results, pre take over 

Let's just see what the next 2 weeks offer 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We are mid take over, the club can't sign anyone 

We have 2 weeks to go

Jesus you were virtually spunking over promotion a few weeks ago almost like Sinnott asking us to put bets on  

The first team squad looks absolutely awful 

I'm just not losing my head over some pointless results, pre take over 

Let's just see what the next 2 weeks offer 

Top 8 I said and we'll still probably do it after sacking Shez in September. 

54 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Radcliffe admin can't spell and looks like Norman is our first choice keeper

Wouldn't have been surprised to see the likes of Jem Karacan and Luke Joyce turning up for us as trialists rather than at Radcliffe.  We could do with a player in their mould.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Remember when Peter Clarke was 36 and left us to piss all over what replaced him?

David Eyres was 40 at the point of leaving us and still scoring 30 yarders 

That's true but didn't Shez try a similar approach at Chesterfield and fail miserably?