Playing Squad - Summer 22

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Unless you are prepared to treat player like AL used to. Bully them till they ask to leave, was his way.

There are some on here who don’t understand contracts. When you sign the contract you agree to pay the player for 1 or 2 yrs. If you want them to leave before the end of a contract, you have to pay up the value of the contract or a negotiated settlement figure.

Get them in the kitchen, sorting the frost covers, helping the groundsmen and being ball boys.
If they can’t do the job of playing football and we are paying them. Find them something else to do. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Get them in the kitchen, sorting the frost covers, helping the groundsmen and being ball boys.
If they can’t do the job of playing football and we are paying them. Find them something else to do. 

They were signed to play football nothing more. If they are not catching the squad and cannot find a move elsewhere, then sadly they can simply see out their contracts. 

10 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Not sure you're destined for a career in HR..

😄

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Not sure on that point but.....what happened to getting the apprentices in close season to clean the seats in the stands ??  😉

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not sure on that point but.....what happened to getting the apprentices in close season to clean the seats in the stands ??  😉

The club don't seem interested in the main stand, all efforts appear to go into the showpiece Joe Royle stand which is why the TV cameras always point to that.

I'd like to hear from the board about any plans for the refurbishment of the main stand and safe footpath  access all around the stadium.

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The club don't seem interested in the main stand, all efforts appear to go into the showpiece Joe Royle stand which is why the TV cameras always point to that.

I'd like to hear from the board about any plans for the refurbishment of the main stand and safe footpath  access all around the stadium.

They can't put 30 years + of neglect right in a few months 

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They can't put 30 years + of neglect right in a few months 

My point was concentration on the Joe Royle stand, the closure of the Main Stand for some matches indicates that.

As for the footpaths, safe public access all around the stadium should be a given. Try getting from Sheepfoot Lane to the Joe Royle though badly lit areas and mud.

It's a disgrace and negligent of the board IMO.

The club talks about future plans but appear to me to be secretive. Something many accused the previous regime of.

I will give credit to Frank for the take over, but they are not behind criticism as you appear to indicate. 

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

My point was concentration on the Joe Royle stand, the closure of the Main Stand for some matches indicates that.

As for the footpaths, safe public access all around the stadium should be a given. Try getting from Sheepfoot Lane to the Joe Royle though badly lit areas and mud.

The club talks about future plans but appear to me to be secretive. Something many accused the previous regime of.

I will give credit to Frank for the take over, but they are not behind criticism as you appear to indicate. 

I don't think they're beyond criticism at all but I do think they have earned some time before getting much of it.  What did they close it for?  Two games?  The last lot closed the JRS for two years!

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Seats in JF are pretty filthy too and it's only natural that the JR would get most attention but I'm surprised that a TV platform was not incorporated into it's design.

In regards to the access ( I don't go that way ) something appears to need addressing as you're not the only one to air the complaint. If it's that hazardous a detour via Carlton Way or round the back of the Chaddy End could prove a temporary solution.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

You keep on encouraging them to spend money on something they don't own yet. Would you do something like that?

43 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You keep on encouraging them to spend money on something they don't own yet. Would you do something like that?

Yes if Heath and Safety took action as they should on this. You can't ignore safety issues on the pretence action will be resolved at some  unspecified time in the future. Some steps have already been added at the bottom of the grass slope from the RRE to the Joe Royle stand so obviously the club are aware of the dangers of poor public access. It's the same from the Chaddy end to the Joe Royle stand where the houses have been built, which provide only limited access across usually flooded grass. They should  also be well lit areas at night to avoid any hazards

I thought the club had an H&S officer who should be flagging up risk areas...perhaps they have who knows?

When is next board meeting of directors due and the minutes expected?

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Good point, they get injured half of these doing anything. 😂Was only joking with my point.

By my reckoning we have a full B team and subs who aren't in consideration for the first team, what do they do?

45 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes if Heath and Safety took action as they should on this. You can't ignore safety issues on the pretence action will be resolved at some  unspecified time in the future. Some steps have already been added at the bottom of the grass slope from the RRE to the Joe Royle stand so obviously the club are aware of the dangers of poor public access. It's the same from the Chaddy end to the Joe Royle stand where the houses have been built, which provide only limited access across usually flooded grass. They should  also be well lit areas at night to avoid any hazards

I thought the club had an H&S officer who should be flagging up risk areas...perhaps they have who knows?

OK-I accept the H&S implications but surely that is the responsibility of the current owners?  

Should an accident happen who would H&S go after? The landlord or the tenant?

54 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Can't imagine why they would publish minutes!

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Yep, absolutely none of our business!

It's a club I've put £thousands into over 60 years, yet its none of my business if plans to remedy  health and safety issues are discussed or not at board level?  Companies have to produce minutes, but I guess being a small outfit that doesn't apply- which to my mind is ridiculous.

https://www.penningtonslaw.com/news-publications/latest-news/2022/why-board-minutes-matter#:~:text=Why do we need to produce minutes%3F&text=Every company is legally required,get-togethers of the board.

Ffs. Of course Latics produce Board minutes but it doesn’t mean they have to share them with all and sundry.

Btw when was the last time you saw the minutes of the Board of Unilever or M&S or Shell? Or Tottenham or Rochdale or any other club? 

38 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Ffs. Of course Latics produce Board minutes but it doesn’t mean they have to share them with all and sundry.

Btw when was the last time you saw the minutes of the Board of Unilever or M&S or Shell? Or Tottenham or Rochdale or any other club? 

Don't they?

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2022/december/board-minutes-241122/

I'm not asking for disclosure of confidential aspects but this is a good example is it not?

And what's happened to our 3 members who could raise fans issues?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/05/liverpool-fc-agree-to-introduce-fan-representatives-at-board-level/

Shell;

https://www.shell.com/investors/shareholder-meetings/_jcr_content/root/main/section/simple/text.multi.stream/1663830223797/6636fe7306ab4b9dab5fbadb6bbe1942bd000dec/speeches-by-chair-and-ceo-at-2022-annual-general-meeting.pdf

1 minute ago, LaticsPete said:

They still don’t have to! 
Lincoln obviously have a different approach  , good luck to them. 

But my point is they could, thought they might have learned lessons on how to keep fans onside after the secretive AL regime.  Lincoln believe in transparency, we  should adopt a seminar approach IMO. 

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But my point is they could, thought they might have learned lessons on how to keep fans onside after the secretive AL regime.  Lincoln believe in transparency, we  should adopt a seminar approach IMO. 

Maybe these will help! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115688588545?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=qTFC-MqGQVa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=jPt0jwBaQza&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Just joking 😀

Archived