Playing Squad - Summer 22

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

It's a club I've put £thousands into over 60 years, yet its none of my business if plans to remedy  health and safety issues are discussed or not at board level?  Companies have to produce minutes, but I guess being a small outfit that doesn't apply- which to my mind is ridiculous.

https://www.penningtonslaw.com/news-publications/latest-news/2022/why-board-minutes-matter#:~:text=Why do we need to produce minutes%3F&text=Every company is legally required,get-togethers of the board.

Maybe you could make it official-  by  making official complaint? 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's a club I've put £thousands into over 60 years, yet its none of my business if plans to remedy  health and safety issues are discussed or not at board level?  Companies have to produce minutes, but I guess being a small outfit that doesn't apply- which to my mind is ridiculous.

https://www.penningtonslaw.com/news-publications/latest-news/2022/why-board-minutes-matter#:~:text=Why do we need to produce minutes%3F&text=Every company is legally required,get-togethers of the board.

Companies do not have to publish minutes.  I've spent thousands at Tesco and Wetherspoons but I don't expect to see their board minutes!

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

That Shell document is from an AGM - bit different to a board meeting!!  In the real world if businesses had to publish board minutes I can absolutely guarantee their anodyne nature!

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It was not the right opportunity for Peck

Or environment…..coming into a side unable to put a couple of passes together must have been a real shock.

Its unfair to expect an inexperienced youngster to come in and help the cause, what we really wanted was experience and still is!

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Porter has duped this football club out of a load of money over the years. Glad he's recovering, but still... 

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/23291758.injury-latest-oldham-athletic-ahead-halifax-clash/

He'll have cost a fair few quid per minute when he retires at the end of the season.

Take it from that report that McGahey is under contract for next season although I would have thought there must be some doubt as to whether he'll play again. 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Porter has duped this football club out of a load of money over the years. Glad he's recovering, but still... 

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/23291758.injury-latest-oldham-athletic-ahead-halifax-clash/

‘We’re looking at pre- season now for Harrison’ 😳

I thought his deal was up in the summer? 

If Clarke doesn’t stay- I pray to god that Hogan and Magehy isn’t the centre defence pairing for next season. 

Id like

Hogan/Varney

Or 

Hogan/another. 

With P Clarke offered another 12 months deal for leadership and cover. 

50 minutes ago, League one forever said:

‘We’re looking at pre- season now for Harrison’ 😳

I thought his deal was up in the summer? 

If Clarke doesn’t stay- I pray to god that Hogan and Magehy isn’t the centre defence pairing for next season. 

Id like

Hogan/Varney

Or 

Hogan/another. 

With P Clarke offered another 12 months deal for leadership and cover. 

Mcgahey is better than Hogan imo but clearly fitness issues. I'd not be against Sutton getting a run in the side as he's got real potential. 

As long as it's never ever Clarke and Hogan again I'll be ok with it. 

22 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Mcgahey is better than Hogan imo but clearly fitness issues. I'd not be against Sutton getting a run in the side as he's got real potential. 

As long as it's never ever Clarke and Hogan again I'll be ok with it. 

I agree regarding Sutton, and I’d be happy to sign Varney from what I’ve seen.

P Clarke isn’t the answer long term, but he would invaluable to have around next season- and I’d have him in heart beat over Mcgahey. Who looks like he’s constantly on the beech when he plays. 

52 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree regarding Sutton, and I’d be happy to sign Varney from what I’ve seen.

P Clarke isn’t the answer long term, but he would invaluable to have around next season- and I’d have him in heart beat over Mcgahey. Who looks like he’s constantly on the beech when he plays. 

Clarke is gone IMO. Doesn't have the same strength he did and that exposes even further his lack of pace. I don't think he'll want to be sub at his age.

I'd not be bothered about us having McGahey, Sutton and Yarney next season tbh.

6 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Clarke is gone IMO. Doesn't have the same strength he did and that exposes even further his lack of pace. I don't think he'll want to be sub at his age.

Yeah, I’d like Clarke but wouldn’t be devastated if he left. 

Hogan

Varney

Sutton

+1 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, I’d like Clarke but wouldn’t be devastated if he left. 

Hogan

Varney

Sutton

+1 

Let's calm down about Yarney by the way. He's had a couple of decent games whilst he's fighting for a contract. Let's see how he is in 10 games time before we start planning to have him at the heart of our defence next season...

56 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Let's calm down about Yarney by the way. He's had a couple of decent games whilst he's fighting for a contract. Let's see how he is in 10 games time before we start planning to have him at the heart of our defence next season...

He's got something about him. I'd fancy him over Clarke and Hogan next season based off what I've seen already. He can jump and run, it's a low bar but that puts him ahead of the two slow coaches 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's two games more than most signings get.

4 hours ago, Shrek said:

McGahey is awful 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

McGahey is awful 

Slightly harsh. Awful is reserved for those at the level of Cooper, Threlkeld etc.

McGahey is ok. We'll have to accept that most of our players won't be better than ok. Hopefully get the odd good one like Nutall. 

54 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Slightly harsh. Awful is reserved for those at the level of Cooper, Threlkeld etc.

McGahey is ok. We'll have to accept that most of our players won't be better than ok. Hopefully get the odd good one like Nutall. 

Not having it that Nuttall is ‘good’….not just yet anyway!

18 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Effiong absolutely schooled Varney on Saturday, I would have been surprised if he got quite as much change out of Clarke. I like to be positive about our playing staff but also think we need to guard against over rating new players on the basis of a novelty factor. Varney is 25yo, not played much above this level, less than 100 games at this level, let's not get carried away.

I expect Peter Clarke to return on Saturday. 

Archived