Playing Squad - Summer 22

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recalled and not in the 16 on Saturday my guess, pissboil at 2 when the team sheets comes out. Astonishing how we can play three wet farts in Chapman, Peck and Tollit yet can't find a place in the squad for a creative player the club has developed itself, don't even get me started on how Couto gets a start before him either.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Thought that myself. It was only extended on Friday...

Have we another injury? (Peck was subbed early in the last game). Sutton was recalled to play right back wasn't he?

Having said most wouldnt be surprised if a Sheron, Maynard, Chapman midfield started.🙁

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Don’t know the reason for his early return but Radcliffe fc must be getting a bit pissed off with Unsworth now!!

The board are not sanctioning any more new signings, maybe? Can't say I'd blame them.
"That's your lot, Unsy, go with what you've got, oh, and bring our lads back." 

23 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Recalled and not in the 16 on Saturday my guess, pissboil at 2 when the team sheets comes out. Astonishing how we can play three wet farts in Chapman, Peck and Tollit yet can't find a place in the squad for a creative player the club has developed itself, don't even get me started on how Couto gets a start before him either.

Not been a fan of Peck and Chapman myself but on reflection I think they're kids being expected to do a mans job. Maybe one of them in a midfield with two or three competent players would do them a world of good. That's where Gardner could have been useful.

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Not been a fan of Peck and Chapman myself but on reflection I think they're kids being expected to do a mans job. Maybe one of them in a midfield with two or three competent players would do them a world of good. That's where Gardner could have been useful.

And that’s half the problem for me…

Peck is 19 years old and is struggling to cope with this league - I don’t doubt that he has talent but we have Rooney on the bench and Vaughan available who would do a better job if given a chance.

Play Chapman (22 years old) but not both of ‘em for chrissakes!

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

And that’s half the problem for me…

Peck is 19 years old and is struggling to cope with this league - I don’t doubt that he has talent but we have Rooney on the bench and Vaughan available who would do a better job if given a chance.

Play Chapman (22 years old) but not both of ‘em for chrissakes!

So you want to replace a 19 yr old with an 18 yr old who has struggled to get into this team. Last saw Vaughan at Chester and as another poster said at the time-he ain't the answer.

Having said that I would take him over Chapman anytime and give him a chance but what we really need is a strong central midfield player-preferably two who can get about the pitch.

Mad to think that (injuries permitting) we have enough players to field two completely different starting XI’s along with subs.

1. Norman

2. Yarney

3. Kitching

4. Sheron

5. Hogan

6. P.Clarke

7. Peck

8. Shelton 

9. Nuttall

10. Fondop

11. Chapman

Subs

Hudson, Tollitt, Couto, Reid, Abraham

Versus

1. Leutwiler

2. J.Clarke

3. Angol

4. Gardner

5. McGahey

6. Maynard

7. Burgess

8. Rooney

9. Porter

10. Vaughan

11. Hope

Subs

Southerington, Windass, Sutton, Luamba, Stobbs

26 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Mad to think that (injuries permitting) we have enough players to field two completely different starting XI’s along with subs.

1. Norman

2. Yarney

3. Kitching

4. Sheron

5. Hogan

6. P.Clarke

7. Peck

8. Shelton 

9. Nuttall

10. Fondop

11. Chapman

Subs

Hudson, Tollitt, Couto, Reid, Abraham

Versus

1. Leutwiler

2. J.Clarke

3. Angol

4. Gardner

5. McGahey

6. Maynard

7. Burgess

8. Rooney

9. Porter

10. Vaughan

11. Hope

Subs

Southerington, Windass, Sutton, Luamba, Stobbs

Says it all really 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Says it all really 

Not really.  What it says, to me, is that the takeover going through when it did rather than a few months earlier means that we are stuffed with a load of players that we don't want.  Thankfully all, I think on short contracts

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not really.  What it says, to me, is that the takeover going through when it did rather than a few months earlier means that we are stuffed with a load of players that we don't want.  Thankfully all, I think on short contracts

Meant more says it all why we are shit and an overinflated squad. 

31 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Meant more says it all why we are shit and an overinflated squad. 

I've made some good recommendations,  but as you indicate the squad needs to be reduced even more first.

All very frustrating.

4 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

1. Norman

2. Yarney

3. Kitching

4. Sheron

5. Hogan

6. P.Clarke

7. Peck

8. Shelton 

9. Nuttall

10. Fondop

11. Chapman

Subs