BBC Manc Radio 4pm today

Love his "it makes me laugh" comment on this. While he's presiding over a club freefalling down the leagues with income levels presumably dropping off a cliff, OASF and PTB are putting together events like the ones yesterday and working towards setting up a community based structure.

The deluded twat.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Everything that Owen says can be summed up as 'it's not my fault, they're all nasty to me'.  It's blindingly obvious that the man is tone deaf but surely there is someone among his friends and family who can point out his presence is divisive, remains divisive, and will become more divisive the longer it goes on.

Have you ever tried reasoning with a police officer ( albeit a retired one ) ? 

Most are really hard work.

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Everything that Owen says can be summed up as 'it's not my fault, they're all nasty to me'.  It's blindingly obvious that the man is tone deaf but surely there is someone among his friends and family who can point out his presence is divisive, remains divisive, and will become more divisive the longer it goes on.

l'm not sure (but thoroughly unsurprised) that he has any friends. or family that talk to him.

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I wonder who gave him this so called advisory role at the club? Let's hear them speak up.

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder who gave him this so called advisory role at the club? Let's hear them speak up.

AL is the only person allowed to do anything at BP.

even when The Stench had managed to snake MO down to costa for a friendly chat not about Latics (BO's words) MO then had to go away, try n get hold of AL and convince him that BO's wacky £750 plan will hand the stadium over to AL and that he should be back on board. that took about a week.

39 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

AL is the only person allowed to do anything at BP.

even when The Stench had managed to snake MO down to costa for a friendly chat not about Latics (BO's words) MO then had to go away, try n get hold of AL and convince him that BO's wacky £750 plan will hand the stadium over to AL and that he should be back on board. that took about a week.

Any word from Steven Brown on how he feels about  BO running the show?

lm farrrrr from lTK. l dont personally know ANY big players personally but l did used to watch Chucklevision when l was a kid.

l'd imagine Mr Brown harbours many personal thoughts which arent too dissimiliar to the rest of the lve met bazza population

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Any word from Steven Brown on how he feels about  BO running the show?

I suppose Steve Brown is happy he has someone in to 'assist' so he can free up himself to do what he is good at which is generating income, strange really given reappointing Jabba in any capacity will trump anything he manages to do commercially.

I honestly believe that if the club sacked Mohamed and Barry Owen with immediate effect as well as dropping the spiteful bans it has  imposed and restructured its season ticket prices in favour of the Athleticos then we may be in a position to rebuild some bridges, unfortunately it appears to be cutting off its nose, ears and gouging out its eyeballs to spite its face.

4 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

It's a good doc but tells no one anything they didn't already know. Confirms some rumours at least I suppose. 

Very strange that the club would put forward Barry rather than just decline to comment. 

Because at the moment the club is Barry Owen. 

So heaven help us.   😂

I thought it was good to hear Wellens and Wild publicly talk about the interference they suffered and confirm to a wider audience what Latics fans have known for ages.

Barry also did us a favour by inadvertently making it very clear just how toxic the club is and its disdain for the fans and any concerns that are raised. 

Blitz annoyed me with his claims that fucking off after a couple of years was the ethical thing to do, whilst he built and sold houses on a huge area of land which once belonged to the club and took money from the club for rent of BP. 

13 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Very strange that the club would put forward Barry rather than just decline to comment. 

if you find it strange that somebody asked bazza if he wanted to make mouth noises on the radio and he said yes, then you must find such wacky things like breathing, walking and putting on clothes strange aswell 😉😁😁

12 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

I thought it was good to hear Wellens and Wild publicly talk about the interference they suffered and confirm to a wider audience what Latics fans have known for ages.

Barry also did us a favour by inadvertently making it very clear just how toxic the club is and its disdain for the fans and any concerns that are raised. 

Blitz annoyed me with his claims that fucking off after a couple of years was the ethical thing to do, whilst he built and sold houses on a huge area of land which once belonged to the club and took money from the club for rent of BP. 

good summary.

tbf to the radio people, in attempting to compress and squash in 30 years of decay, shit and dead wood into an earsized show they nearly ended up creating one of those fake pandora diamond things.

14 hours ago, rvlatic said:

I couldn't finish listening to it  - can't stand barry owens voice - or his shitty opinions....

I felt like I could smell bad breath when he was talking, makes my skin crawl.

If we do get new owners and he manages to cling on in the club….shudder

2 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

I felt like I could smell bad breath when he was talking, makes my skin crawl.

If we do get new owners and he manages to cling on in the club….shudder

imagine how tone deaf somebody would have to be to make that decision!!!

its almost impossible anyway, theres nobody gona come blundering down Sheepfoot lane w an artic of swag. any take over is going to emege out of existing efforts or will attract attention from OASF.

of course, bazza could be making his own moves riding a wave of ugly cash washing anything decent out of the club for good. 

lve just realised that altho unlikely, this may be what you meant.

*also shudders*

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

imagine how tone deaf somebody would have to be to make that decision!!!

its almost impossible anyway, theres nobody gona come blundering down Sheepfoot lane w an artic of swag. any take over is going to emege out of existing efforts or will attract attention from OASF.

of course, bazza could be making his own moves riding a wave of ugly cash washing anything decent out of the club for good. 

lve just realised that altho unlikely, this may be what you meant.

*also shudders*

Slim chance I agree but football club buyers are a different breed and no doubt he will be offering his services on a paye basis - pie as you go…again shudders 

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

if you find it strange that somebody asked bazza if he wanted to make mouth noises on the radio and he said yes, then you must find such wacky things like breathing, walking and putting on clothes strange aswell 😉😁😁

Not surprised that Barry opened his mouth. Just that people allow him to. 

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Not surprised that Barry opened his mouth. Just that people allow him to. 

yeah that's my point. he gets asked to do it, he thinks its a great idea so he asks himself if he wants to do it and himself says yes. he's in charge. 

right now, Oldham Athletic IS barry owen IS Oldham Athletic.

🤮.

ring up, he will probably answer.

Archived