3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Here

image.png.c9f5458bbf79c225a3ac4546e78f6bcb.png

Yes but i never used the word profit and i meant he was walking away with after selling the ground for £12 million. However, the facts are, he still hasn't sold it and the question is what is really holding up the deal?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PeteG said:

Yes but i never used the word profit and i meant he was walking away with after selling the ground for £12 million. However, the facts are, he still hasn't sold it and the question is what is really holding up the deal?

If you're going to be semantic probably best to be accurate in the first place.  I have no idea why it is taking significantly longer than expected but I do trust the owners so I'm not going to let it bother me.

9 minutes ago, PeteG said:

No, he was talking shit, he hadn't at that point paid anything like £13 million for the club!

Like I said you know nothing, you are just guessing.

He’s probably signed a binding agreement to which he is legally bound?

I don’t know and you don’t know!

Frank seems a very open guy and if he says he’s spending or committed to spending £12/13m I would tend to believe him…what would be the point of lying?

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If you're going to be semantic probably best to be accurate in the first place.  I have no idea why it is taking significantly longer than expected but I do trust the owners so I'm not going to let it bother me.

FWIW I don't think the £12 million is an accurate figure anyway, given Blitz was on record as saying he wanted in the region of £5 million a couple of years ago.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

FWIW I don't think the £12 million is an accurate figure anyway, given Blitz was on record as saying he wanted in the region of £5 million a couple of years ago.

That was just for the North Stand if memory serves me right.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Quite possibly, i've always said this about Blitz

Hell has frozen over - I agree with Pete 

35 minutes ago, PeteG said:

We know that! When Frank was asked on ITV how much HE PAID for the club and the ground, he said £12 million which he actually corrected to £13 million within seconds. He was talking shit of course because at that point he hadn't even purchased the ground and still hasn't.

And the thaw starts all ready 😃

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I find it very difficult to believe that a man of Mr Rothwell's business acumen has paid 12 million pounds for the land and a (non-league) football club that was on its backside...

so you are calling him a liar??

hope you have evidence to back that up 

24 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

so you are calling him a liar??

hope you have evidence to back that up 

Not calling anyone a liar (welcome back from your self enforced boycott btw). Just find it difficult to fathom how a successful businessman has forked out 12m for football club and the land. Didn't Blitz only say he wanted 6? That would mean FR has also paid 6 for the football club...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not calling anyone a liar (welcome back from your self enforced boycott btw). Just find it difficult to fathom how a successful businessman has forked out 12m for football club and the land. Didn't Blitz only say he wanted 6? That would mean FR has also paid 6 for the football club...

If I recall correctly the overall footprint was more than was first mooted.  It included Little Wembley which had been earmarked for development, possibly some other areas but I don't know the detail

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Initially the land behind the JF Stand and little Wembley were not part of the sale but Frank has bought the whole lot…..everything which probably accounts for the higher figure?

53 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Initially the land behind the JF Stand and little Wembley were not part of the sale but Frank has bought the whole lot…..everything which probably accounts for the higher figure?

I always thought the land behind the stand was already included, but I do sometimes switch off to stuff like that...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I find it very difficult to believe that a man of Mr Rothwell's business acumen has paid 12 million pounds for the land and a (non-league) football club that was on its backside...

We may not know the debts, always thought 12mill might include the playing budget for the season also.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

No he hasn't. Not yet anyway.

£12 million is ridiculous-Wigan went for £3 million in 2021 (The deal is reportedly £3m, verified by the EFL.) Inflation ain't that high.

31 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

No he hasn't. Not yet anyway.

£12 million is ridiculous-Wigan went for £3 million in 2021 (The deal is reportedly £3m, verified by the EFL.) Inflation ain't that high.

That’s irrelevant really, and they were in administration at the time of purchase. A football club or any other business in administration for that matter is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it….12m is an awful lot of money but like I said, we have no  idea of the details of the deal with the Rothwell’s.

If Frank says he’s spent or is prepared to spend £12m I believe him…don’t you?

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Thanks, a break is as good as a rest and I am going to try and not fight or get personal with internet strangers from now on - my counsellor thinks it would be helpful 😃

even agreed with PeteG earlier (scrubs skin with a wire brush)

The previous "no update" update came after a bit of noise on here (and I guess Twatter, don't look there). So perhaps a few more grumpy posts and we'll have enough of a groundswell to get something said.

Personally at this point I care more about if we can stay up...

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s irrelevant really, and they were in administration at the time of purchase. A football club or any other business in administration for that matter is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it….12m is an awful lot of money but like I said, we have no  idea of the details of the deal with the Rothwell’s.

If Frank says he’s spent or is prepared to spend £12m I believe him…don’t you?

No

Archived